Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You don’t know that. You WANT to believe it, but it’s pure supposition.
The company say it’s not the case.
Thunder Bolt (a Remainer) says her daughter is a Tax Accountant for Unilever (so, with respect, she probably knows a hell of a lot more than you about it) and she says it’s noting to do with Brexit.

But No, that’s still good enough. You want to still blame Brexit.

What is the point in discussing as no matter what is said, you still won’t accept that things just happen. Brexit is not the root of every bad thing that happens in the world.

I did not say it was a Brexit driven decision, I said Brexit would have been a con to deciding to locate headquarters in Britain. This didn't just happen, it happened for a reason, or several reasons, I am telling you that any business making a decision on whether to locate their headquarters in one place or another would consider the pros and cons of each location, and that Brexit would surely have been a con for Britain. If you think it would have been a pro for Britain in this decision, make that case, but don't pretend it was not given any regard at all.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So no information on how MEP`s elect members of the EU Council.
You are struggling a bit, actually quite a lot

Here is the question again, have a think about it and what you are claiming.

Stop being an arse, you know she meant Commission.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Stop being an arse, you know she meant Commission.

Did she? Im not sure she knows one body from another.
If someone is going to accuse others of lies and not knowing what they voted for, it would be sensible to at least know the institution you are defending.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did not say it was a Brexit driven decision, I said Brexit would have been a con to deciding to locate headquarters in Britain. This didn't just happen, it happened for a reason, or several reasons, I am telling you that any business making a decision on whether to locate their headquarters in one place or another would consider the pros and cons of each location, and that Brexit would surely have been a con for Britain. If you think it would have been a pro for Britain in this decision, make that case, but don't pretend it was not given any regard at all.

It would be a dereliction of duty, and illegal if they have shareholders, to not consider Brexit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If someone is going to accuse others of lies and not knowing what they voted for, it would be sensible to at least know the institution you are defending.

Stop being REALLY NASTY

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Prick, or are you desperate?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Really? That was your first point, and you are indeed right. Your second point, however, is what I was questioning, as you well know. What is your point when you say she remarked about Brexit, saying "Oh God". That should now be clear at last.

Okay - I can understand that you are not quite in the same league as me and my mate Ian, who met the highly attractive, charming, beautiful, educated woman that is TV's Julie Etchingham, so when it comes to highly attractive, charming, beautiful women like TV's Julie Etchingham you're not so adroit. I get that. Put bluntly - when a highly attractive, charming, beautiful women like TV's Julie Etchingham is asked her opinion on something and responds by shaking her head, rolling eyes and saying 'Oh God' it means = a highly attractive, charming, beautiful women like TV's Julie Etchingham thinks that something is bad.

By way of an example, if, like me, you've been in a situation whereby you're faced with a highly attractive, charming, beautiful, educated woman like TV's Julie Etchingham and a conversation starter like but 'I know I didn't start on Sambuca's until after 1am, so was it must have been as great as always' and a highly attractive, charming, beautiful, educated women like TV's Julie Etchingham, responds by shaking her head, rolling eyes and saying 'Oh God' it means = not good. #bad.

Hope that helps.

Just watched TOTP2, Wham Special. It was good. Didn’t really like them at the time but enjoyed that

Most interesting post on this thread in ages. What Wham! song was it? Club Tropicana?

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Stop being REALLY NASTY

Prick, or are you desperate?

Don’t be such a bunch of snowflakes, its not NASTY to point out someone is wrong, its simply pointing out they are wrong. You lot get your panties in a twist far too easily.
Its not as if I have accused her of being a racist thicko xenophobic spacktard or anything, Learn to deal with being wrong without being so called victims of nastiness, surely you lot must be used to that by now.
Pathetic.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Don’t be such a bunch of snowflakes, its not NASTY to point out someone is wrong, its simply pointing out they are wrong. You lot get your panties in a twist far too easily.
Its not as if I have accused her of being a racist thicko xenophobic spacktard or anything, Learn to deal with being wrong without being so called victims of nastiness, surely you lot must be used to that by now.
Pathetic.

Sorry - What?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pathetic.

Desperate. Thanks for answering.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Okay - I can understand that you are not quite in the same league as me and my mate Ian, who met the highly attractive, charming, beautiful, educated woman that is TV's Julie Etchingham, so when it comes to highly attractive, charming, beautiful women like TV's Julie Etchingham you're not so adroit. I get that. Put bluntly - when a highly attractive, charming, beautiful women like TV's Julie Etchingham is asked her opinion on something and responds by shaking her head, rolling eyes and saying 'Oh God' it means = a highly attractive, charming, beautiful women like TV's Julie Etchingham thinks that something is bad.

By way of an example, if, like me, you've been in a situation whereby you're faced with a highly attractive, charming, beautiful, educated woman like TV's Julie Etchingham and a conversation starter like but 'I know I didn't start on Sambuca's until after 1am, so was it must have been as great as always' and a highly attractive, charming, beautiful, educated women like TV's Julie Etchingham, responds by shaking her head, rolling eyes and saying 'Oh God' it means = not good. #bad.

Hope that helps.

Most interesting post on this thread in ages. What Wham! song was it? Club Tropicana?

She's actually not that attractive

etch.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

We did,that's one of the reasons we are leaving.Let the EU pay for it if they want to leave NATO and set up their own forces.About time they started to pay towards their own defence,instead of leaving it to other people.When was the last time the germans met anywhere near the amount they should pay?Come on Tubby,Thicko,,Clump,and all the rest of you waste of oxygen.Answer that!

We haven't left yet....

rv.jpeg

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Civil servants don't have any power. The unelected EU however does

The U.K. Government of all colours uses unelected civil servants and private companies to advise and write laws for example a government may want to look at means to curb tax evasion and will set up a working advisory group to advise how this can be implemented the group will include tax advisory companies such as KPMC or Price Waterman who in helping write any new tax laws then return to their companies to advise those individuals and other companies about a new law and then advise how exactly to get around it

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Pathetic.

On the racism issue:

1. I am totally sympathetic to the Leavers who are offended by this generalised slur where and whenever it occurs.
2. Were this directed at a given person then I think it would be actionable.
3. But whilst it would be stupid, offensive and totally wrong to characterise 100% of the Leave vote as an expression of racism perhaps it is likely that 100% (or as near as dammit) of racists did vote to Leave?
4. Furthermore there were many more who for whom 'take back control' was a proxy for xenophobia.

Of course I can't convincingly quantify 3 and 4: maybe it was just a few hundred or maybe it was a few million.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
On the racism issue:

1. I am totally sympathetic to the Leavers who are offended by this generalised slur where and whenever it occurs.
2. Were this directed at a given person then I think it would be actionable.
3. But whilst it would be stupid, offensive and totally wrong to characterise 100% of the Leave vote as an expression of racism perhaps it is likely that 100% (or as near as dammit) of racists did vote to Leave?
4. Furthermore there were many more who for whom 'take back control' was a proxy for xenophobia.

Of course I can't convincingly quantify 3 and 4: maybe it was just a few hundred or maybe it was a few million.

How do you define the many Scots who voted Remain? They crave independence and wish to maintain ties with the EU, due to their innate racism against the English, bordering on hatred.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here