Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
RH20 was a white hell for around 30 minutes but it has practically stopped now, sitting on trees & shrubs but everywhere else has melted.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Snowing in Crickhowell. Had about an inch on the car this morning, 0’C but only settling on the mountains.

That wind is bitter!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite.

'Amber warnings of possible risk to life in South East England' according to the BBC.

WAY beyond pathetic :rolleyes:

It is just a practical thing in that it only takes one or two hopeless drivers driving on 1cm of snow (obviously on normal summer tyres), to crash or for lorries to jacknife, for roads to be blocked? Leaving loads of innocent drivers stuck in completely avoidable jams for countless hours, in freezing conditions, perhaps with low fuel etc. We might be confident of driving anywhere in this, but more accidents do occur.

I'm as much against the Nanny State and the H&S obsession as any one, but on this I can the need to forewarn.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is just a practical thing in that it only takes one or two hopeless drivers driving on 1cm of snow (obviously on normal summer tyres), to crash or for lorries to jacknife, for roads to be blocked? Leaving loads of innocent drivers stuck in completely avoidable jams for countless hours, in freezing conditions, perhaps with low fuel etc. We might be confident of driving anywhere in this, but more accidents do occur.

I'm as much against the Nanny State and the H&S obsession as any one, but on this I can the need to forewarn.

Probably more risk to life of people running with scissors in their hands in the next 24 hours tho eh?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that it for us or are we expected to get anymore overnight

Looks like it snows overnight until the early hours.

IMG_2490.PNG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Arrived into Piccadilly and bright sunshine. Short cab ride to Salford Quays and then looking out of hotel room 5th floor window.

“What’s that?l”

“Fog”

“No it’s snow and I think it’s coming this way”

30 seconds later a solid 3 flumpage sets in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here