Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here We Go Again - Breaking News Florida Shooting At High School

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Well there's the rise in armed militias for one.

There are more than 500 militia groups in the U.S., more than double the number in 2008, according to the Anti-Defamation League. Most of them are right-wing and anti-government.

So your perception it's just meme making, mum's basement dwelling, nazi flirting, conspiracy loving, man babies is laughable.

Armed Militias don't sound much like a 'youth culture'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're all wrong and the kids have got it right.

'Follow The Money'.

The only reason there isn't tighter gun control in America is because of the amount of politicians owned by the NRA.
Not just that but the way the NRA attack any politician not owned by the NRA.

Calling out the puppets and expecting them to govern for their constituents and not the NRA is how this impasse gets broken.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Plenty of youths buy into their views. It's not been middle aged men turning up to confront ANTIFA.

It's people the same age demographics as those they turn up to battle with.

And it's all ANTIFA's fault :cry:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

'Follow The Money'.

The only reason there isn't tighter gun control in America is because of the amount of politicians owned by the NRA.

Calling out the puppets and expecting them to govern for their constituents and not the NRA is how this impasse gets broken.

Democrats love making billions from weapon sales. It's highly amusing when people try to paint a US where it's only one side that's profited from arms deals.

You're right, follow the money. The money trails lead to both sides of the floor.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And it's all ANTIFA's fault :cry:

No, it's a reaction to the rise of the liberal left stupidity permeating through US colleges and media and into the wider society as whole. How else does a dickhead like Trump get elected if there's not an issue with the perception of the other side?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Democrats love making billions from weapon sales. It's highly amusing when people try to paint a US where it's only one side that's profited from arms deals.

You're right, follow the money. The money trails lead to both sides of the floor.
Where did I say it didn't?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because when talking about the NRA you're talking about Republicans.
Tell that to Collin Peterson, but I take your point.

Although it runs a little deeper than NRA hand outs, Democrats know which side of their bread is buttered.
A Democrat in a swing state isn't going after the NRA, as they'll be unlikely to win when faced with the attack ads coming back at them:-

In the past 15 years, the pro-gun group has spent a total of more than $132 million on ads supporting or opposing presidential or congressional candidates.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lawmakers-nra-money/story?id=53230001

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Trump thinks that arming teachers could be a possible solution, words fail me.
Somebody said a while back that the Russians are definitely guilty of doping - and that Trumpski is the dope !

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

'Follow The Money'.

Dont forget all these companies that manufacture the guns also supply to the US military, thats billions in sales and investment Worth remembering The U.S. Department of Defense pays tax on weapon procurement, the huge military is a tax cash cow in itself.......follow the money indeed.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tell that to Collin Peterson, but I take your point.

Although it runs a little deeper than NRA hand outs, Democrats know which side of their bread is buttered.
A Democrat in a swing state isn't going after the NRA, as they'll be unlikely to win when faced with the attack ads coming back at them:-

In the past 15 years, the pro-gun group has spent a total of more than $132 million on ads supporting or opposing presidential or congressional candidates.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lawmakers-nra-money/story?id=53230001

You're spot on. This on Al Gore.

Democrats have been squeamish about gun control ever since they felt the backlash to President Bill Clinton’s enactment of a ban on assault weapons and “Brady Law” background checks, which shouldered some blame for the Democratic loss of Congress in 1994. But 2000 presidential nomine Al Gore doubled down. In the wake of the 1999 Columbine massacre and a liberal primary challenge from New Jersey Sen. Bill Bradley, Gore ran on a robust gun control package that included a ban on cheap handguns. When he lost gun-friendly states that Clinton had won—namely Arkansas, West Virginia and his own home state of Tennessee—guns were blamed again.

The NRA are no different to someone like George Soros though. They just push money towards those who they think will look after their interests best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dont forget all these companies that manufacture the guns also supply to the US military, thats billions in sales and investment Worth remembering The U.S. Department of Defense pays tax on weapon procurement, the huge military is a tax cash cow in itself.......follow the money indeed.

Not only that there's jobs and local expenditure for the politicians to think about.
Extricating America from it's gun addiction boils down to just that, they are addicted and it has seeped into all aspects of American life, even those most opposed.

How many teachers are siding with their pupils:-

Florida's main pension fund for state workers and teachers has a half-million-dollar stake in the company that makes the rifle used in the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/florida-workers-pension-fund-invested-gun-manufacturers-53259067

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Give teachers guns lol he is mental

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That's why you had the Clinton Foundation getting "donations" from the Saudis. US are always selling those turds weapons regardless of who is in office.

They all get a slice of the pie.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Give teachers guns lol he is mental

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Not only that its giving teachers concealed guns. This isn't therefore a deterrent at all if its not visible, it doesn't put off or stop the gun men/women going into schools with their assault rifles it means the teachers get the chance to play Rambo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here