Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite song which has a title containing parenthesis.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
This is a very special tune to me from the much-missed Elliott Smith - Pretty (Ugly Before)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvshckQBt1c

I must make an effort with this chap. Not sure why I have never got around to it or how he passed me by previously. I like catching up an album at a time (rather than piling in all at once) where would you reccomend I start [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] ? Prefer to avoid compilations too.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I must make an effort with this chap. Not sure why I have never got around to it or how he passed me by previously. I like catching up an album at a time (rather than piling in all at once) where would you reccomend I start [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] ? Prefer to avoid compilations too.

I would listen to Either/Or first if I were you, it's widely regarded as his best ever album and then maybe 'Figure 8' and then go onto his last release whilst he was alive 'From a Basement On The Hill' which is my favourite but clearly showed his state of mind at that time. Good luck and would be interested to know how you get on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Big fan of the Steve Harley classic already mentioned on this thread.

Also:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I would listen to Either/Or first if I were you, it's widely regarded as his best ever album and then maybe 'Figure 8' and then go onto his last release whilst he was alive 'From a Basement On The Hill' which is my favourite but clearly showed his state of mind at that time. Good luck and would be interested to know how you get on.

Thanks very much [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] . I will have a gander over the coming weeks. Cheers

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
All about the lovely, cuddly and much missed Mrs T. and Weller bustin' some great shapes. hqdefault.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So are we all agreeing to ignore that the song is called 'Are 'Friends' Electric?, not 'Our?'

Not ignoring it. You're quite right, but someone else had already pointed it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here