Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Jofra Archer

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great news. If Jimmy retires and Jofra takes his place our already deep batting line-up will get even deeper.

Bad news for Sussex. Always raged about those who think club is more important than country.

Unless it affects us of course.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just read it. That'll be a loss for Sussex.

In the meantime the 100 ball competition, for people who can't concentrate for more than 5 minutes, has been given the green light.

I enjoy T20 but this 100 ball nonsense is going to be an absolute joke of a competition.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't he in Game of Thrones ?

No

outside.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Cricket should go the other way on eligibility. There's too many players shopping around amongst nations. Yes England get the benefit of it, but at the expense of integrity of the competition.

I'm not talking about this lad in particular as I know he has British connections. I'm speaking more generally. Residency periods should be longer to encourage more players to play where they were born or bought up.

It's even worse in Rugby to be fair

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cricket should go the other way on eligibility. There's too many players shopping around amongst nations. Yes England get the benefit of it, but at the expense of integrity of the competition.

I'm not talking about this lad in particular as I know he has British connections. I'm speaking more generally. Residency periods should be longer to encourage more players to play where they were born or bought up.

It's even worse in Rugby to be fair

Football doesn't need any residency period.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Happy for him. The previous rules were nonsense when he has a British father and holds a British passport.

Totally different to some other players who have been crowbarred into teams (not just England) when they clearly have little or no connection to that country. Egg chasing is a joke for this as mentioned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wasn't he in Game of Thrones ?

Yes. And he wrote 'not a penny more, not a penny less' and other masterpieces. He also has an Olympic gold medal for running, and a PhD from Cambridge. I just wish he'd stand for parliament. He'd sort all this Brexit malarkey out in a flash.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Beat me to it. The sun rises earlier in the moning in Hibernia, doesn't it. Due to being ever so slightly closer to the sun? Probably the mountains.

:bowdown::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Potentially superb news for England, although I still think it’s a shame he didn’t choose WI (he was treated shabbily by them to be fair).

The lad could become a great of the game.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Took 3-25 for Hobart Hurricanes in their win over the Melbourne stars , meanwhile the Hurricanes have lost the services of Tymal Mills due to a hamstring injury , presumably picked up as the captain threatened to actually make him play .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
[tweet]1090171093426601984[/tweet]
Literally incredible. I am reluctant to put much store in "natural talent" when it comes to cricketers - but Jofra Archer clearly challenges such beliefs.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
IPL kicks off today i think , had a few bob on Joffra to be the Royals top bowler @ 4-1 good value that i reckon and took 7s for the Royals to win the whole thing , i think their first game is on monday looks a very strong squad batting wise maybe a bowler short hence a bit suprised at the 4-1 .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here