Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is anyone else getting fed up of the Newcastle love in...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
And those of you whining about Benitez, I can think of several designer managers who'd have walked away after relegation two years ago, or clear overrated gobshites who'd have stayed on (on the promise of an enormous salary increase) only to then show what a toilet manager he is when faced with a crap squad and other issues (Harry Redknapp springs to mind yet again).

Not Rafa. Rumblings of discontent occasionally for sure, but it seems he rolled his sleeves up and got the job done. And this from a man whose last job was head coach at Real Madrid. He'd have been well within his rights to be long gone. I admire the bloke in all honesty.

Have you stopped to consider whether his stock, after relegation, might have been a bit, oh I don't know, Shit?

Perhaps a bit of CV time was necessary?

Oh..it turns out that is EXACTLY why noble Rafa stayed...he's now being tipped for the Arsenal gig.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not seen a Media love in really.

Rafa has done a very good job with them though.

Impossible to hate Newcastle for me. Geordies generally one of the soundest people in the country in my opinion.

Good luck to them

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They certainly had a better team than anyone else at the begining of the championship last season, However was it really premier league quality? You can probably see that by the amount of players who were actually tapped up by other clubs to see the real quality they had. Add to that they didnt really invest in any new talent, Rafa has done well with a similar team to that, that had got relegated.

Its not a huge miracle as the standard outside the top 6 isnt great, but he has still done fairly well with a team that got relegated only a couple of seasons before.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This thread smacks of bitterness. Last season, I understand why we were miffed, but I’m not too bothered by Newcastle this season. Fair play to them for staying up. I hope Huddersfield stay up too. Then all 3 of us can look back at the pre-season pundit predictions with a smile.

Rafa has done a pretty good job with all the uncertainty. I’ve never disliked Newcastle.

As for media love-in, well we’ve had a fair amount of love as well. I’m sure that annoys others too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
It’s a great night out so happy they are staying up
As for Rafa and his team I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire!
My late dad was a Mackem hence the life long hatred of them

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Nope, haven't seen a love in at all. Rafa has done a very good job of taking Newcastle into the top half of the table and I'm pleased that they're staying up. This league needs clubs with passionate fans and they don't come more passionate then the Geordies. Good on them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Simple answer is not to read the detail if it upsets. They are who they are and we are who we are. They have some brilliant fans and some idiots same as any other club. have to say loved that team in the 90s when they almost won the PL...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8428517 said:
... oh poor Rafa he only has a Championship squad and he's doing ever so well. F*ck off! I'm sure that for the majority of last season most eagle eyed Championship fans pointed out that Newcastle were a Premier League team playing in the Championship. Now all of a sudden the pundits are saying the exact opposite -- they are a Champioship team (doing ever so well!) in the Premier League.

Well, I'm sorry but the facts are that the majority of the Newcastle squad have Premier League experience and they are absolutely not a Championship Squad.

NEWCASTLE PREMIER LEAGUE APPEARANCES PRIOR TO 2017-18 SEASON

Karl Darlow - (PL 9 apps)
Rob Elliot - (PL 36 apps)

Ciaran Clark (PL apps 129)
Paul Dummett (PL apps 66)
Jesus Gamez (La Liga apps 217)
Massaido Haidara (PL apps 37)
Jamaal Lascelles (PL apps 18)
Javier Manqiullo (PL apps 30)
Chancel Mbemba (PL apps 33)
DeAndre Yeddelin (PL apps 24)

Christian Atsu (PL apps 5)
Mohammed Diame (PL apps 179)
Kenedy (PL apps 16)
Matt Ritchie (PL apps 39)
Jonjo Shelley (PL apps 141)

Dwight Gayle (PL apps 64)
Ayoze Perez (PL apps 70)
Joselu (PL apps 22)
Islam Slimani (PL apps 35)
Aleksander Mitrovic (PL apps 40)

TOTAL 1210 PL apps

And Brighton for comparison - can't be bothered to look up the Huddersfield stats but I am sure that they have only a fraction of players with PL experience.

BRIGHTON PREMIER LEAGUE APPEARANCES PRIOR TO 2017-18 SEASON

Tim Krul (PL apps 157)

Shane Duffy (PL apps 5)
Liam Rosenior (PL apps 138)

Anthony Knockaert (PL apps 9)
Steve Sidwell (PL apps 200)

Leonardo Ulloa (PL apps 86)
Glenn Murray (PL apps 52)

TOTAL 647

Poor old Rafa! Hasn't he done well? :wanker:

Very good post backed with facts. But even the facts give a false impression. How many games have Roseniior. Krul, and Sidwell played in the Premier League this season? So that leaves 152.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here