Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Game True Story

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Arranged to meet the new fella of one of my daughters for the game last night, arrived in a rush, late not having had any tea, got a couple of day tickets for the south east corner. Watched the first half and went down for a drink and something to eat at half time, it was heaving down there. Eventually got something, best pie i've had at the Amex burnt my mouth whilst trying to eat and drink as quickly as possible, others were doing the same. Heard three distinct loud cheers, but it is somewhat muted down there, finished my pie,left most of the drink and returned to our seats. Said to the guy next to me, was it a penalty and and he despairing said yes. We had missed two minutes of the game, didn't have view of the scoreboards and assumed that we were 0-1 down and proceeded to watch the second half as if we were losing,wondering why Ryan was playing for time with 30 minutes to go. I was surprised by the cheer at the final whistle and thought there were a lot of Spurs fans in the ground. Driving home listened to CH on Radio Sussex when he said it was great to have taken a point from Spurs. Can't believe I watched the whole second half thinking we were losing, but what a great game, mind games at the Amex, at least i went home happy. :clap2:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Arranged to meet the new fella of one of my daughters for the game last night, arrived in a rush, late not having had any tea, got a couple of day tickets for the south east corner. Watched the first half and went down for a drink and something to eat at half time, it was heaving down there. Eventually got something, best pie i've had at the Amex burnt my mouth whilst trying to eat and drink as quickly as possible, others were doing the same. Heard three distinct loud cheers, but it is somewhat muted down there, finished my pie,left most of the drink and returned to our seats. Said to the guy next to me, was it a penalty and and he despairing said yes. We had missed two minutes of the game, didn't have view of the scoreboards and assumed that we were 0-1 down and proceeded to watch the second half as if we were losing,wondering why Ryan was playing for time with 30 minutes to go. I was surprised by the cheer at the final whistle and thought there were a lot of Spurs fans in the ground. Driving home listened to CH on Radio Sussex when he said it was great to have taken a point from Spurs. Can't believe I watched the whole second half thinking we were losing, but what a great game, mind games at the Amex, at least i went home happy. :clap2:

How was the first thing you did when you got back to your seat not to check the bleeding score :eek:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

You could have bought a non-alcoholic drink and taken that and the pie back to your seat. Then you wouldn’t have missed the goals and you could have waited for the pie to cool a bit!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
My true story from last night...

Couple behind me arrived at the 20min mark. Left at 40. Came back out at 50. Went home at 75.
They chatted about nothing in particular for virtually the entire game (except for the period he was on his phone talking work-crap with someone else).

Now... each to their own. I come to the game with my teenage son, sit with friends who we have sat beside since TB extended the corners in season 2 (I like to think of him personally having mixed the concrete beneath our feet). We talk football, shout disparaging comments at the linesman, opposition corner takers and the occasional away fan. We all sing (badly), cheer, clap, laugh and cry together. For this I pay, once a month, what the two behind me will have paid for that game. I think I get a good deal. They just wasted £70. Didn't watch, didn't care.

Why????

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
proceeded to watch the second half as if we were losing,wondering why Ryan was playing for time with 30 minutes to go. I was surprised by the cheer at the final whistle and thought there were a lot of Spurs fans in the ground. Driving home listened to CH on Radio Sussex when he said it was great to have taken a point from Spurs. Can't believe I watched the whole second half thinking we were losing
:lol: That's incredible.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Really good question, couldn't see the scorebard in the south, cant see it in the north and just presumed from the guy next to me that it was a Spurs penalty, ha, ha. Tragic , but true.......

You're in the south east corner and you can't see a 40metre square screen just a few blocks away? I'm not being funny but do you have problems with your eyesight?
Was the screen sideways on?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My eyes are DRAWN to those bloody screens, more specifically the time when its (oh-so-slowly) running down. Quite how you couldn't clock the scoreline underneath I have no idea.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My eyes are DRAWN to those bloody screens, more specifically the time when its (oh-so-slowly) running down. Quite how you couldn't clock the scoreline underneath I have no idea.

I work out the time the whistle should go from the added on time. When we are wanting to hold on, those three minutes (or whatever) seem like an eternity. 21.34 the added on time, and at 21.37 I am shouting at the referee.
Sad I know.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I work out the time the whistle should go from the added on time. When we are wanting to hold on, those three minutes (or whatever) seem like an eternity. 21.34 the added on time, and at 21.37 I am shouting at the referee.
Sad I know.

There's a bloke near me who sets the stopwatch timer on his phone when the added time is announced, and watches it run down. He goes apeshit when the ref goes past the time added on.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I did exactly the same at Huddersfield in 2014- although rather differently. I was in the home section and too high up to see the scoreboard.

I caught a picture of Ulloa's 'goal' and tweeted it straight away. I then spent the rest of the half thinking it was 1-1. In sending the picture I had missed the referees whistle for an infringement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here