Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U23s v Stoke City U23s: PL2 Division Two, Checkatrade.com Stadium, tonight 7pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-23s have secured their play-off spot and now must aim to finish 2nd or 3rd to clinch a home tie in the play-offs (with the play-off winners gaining promotion to PL2 Division One for next season).

This is how Albion line-up this evening:-

[TWEET]985925890688323584[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
James Tilley doesn't seem to be featuring much lately, which is a shame.

I think that is an incorrect perception. He has started 6 of the last 9, came on as a sub in two of the others, and has two goals.

In that period, he has started more frequently than Aaron Connolly; Bjordal and Gyokeres only have one more start each in the same time frame.

I think he has just been overshadowed a little by the great impact made by Viktor, and to a lesser extent Bjordal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Our Serbian up from the U18 and on the bench!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think that is an incorrect perception. He has started 6 of the last 9, came on as a sub in two of the others, and has two goals.

In that period, he has started more frequently than Aaron Connolly; Bjordal and Gyokeres only have one more start each in the same time frame.

I think he has just been overshadowed a little by the great impact made by Viktor, and to a lesser extent Bjordal.

Hi AZ. Who is playing right wing now - is it Mandroiu? Or are they playing a different system now he has returned? I appreciate that you may not know the answer to this...:)

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hi AZ. Who is playing right wing now - is it Mandroiu? Or are they playing a different system now he has returned? I appreciate that you may not know the answer to this...:)

Danny Mandroiu is a central midfielder. Based upon the line-up tweeted this evening by the club, it looks as though Bjordal will be starting at right-wing.

I imagine Sanders will play as the holding midfielder and Mandroiu will be ahead of him.

Just my thoughts, I know nothing :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Gyokeres fires a powerful strike into the top corner, following Connolly's curling effort which cannoned back off the upright. Clinical finish from the Swedish striker!

Sounds like he doesn't do tap-ins.

He has now made 12 appearances (9 starts and 3 sub). This was his 8th goal, and he has scored in each of his last 6 matches.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here