Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Syria/Russia/UN/Trump/Chemical Attack (think that’s it all covered)....

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I've challenged you on this statement before but you decided to ignore the challenge. The White Helmets are nothing more than first responders .... helping people after the bombings.

I have no need to respond to your 'challenge' lol. Just do a little research instead of blindly believing what you are told in the media.

Al Nusra/White Helmets are one and the same - They even shared an HQ in Aleppo ffs. (Which happened to be a school ironically enough - Nice bunch!) There are several independent journalists who spend a lot of time researching from the front lines. Vanessa Beeley's work is worth a look.

And I'm still waiting for the evidence conclusively proving Syria has been behind any chemical attack since the UN oversaw the destruction of their stockpile.

Do you have any?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
May needs pariamentary approval to join US reprisal strikes on Syria for killing men, women and children although she may follow the precedent of the last few years of just killing men, women and children in Syria without parliamentary approval.

No she doesn’t.
Military action is a prerogative power by the PM on behalf of the crown,Parliament has no legally established role in this process, even if parliament debated and voted against military action the government is under no legal obligation to abide by a parliamentary vote. Cameron did abide by a vote in 2013 against humanitarian and military action to deter further chemical attacks, but he was not legally obliged to do so.
Parliament approved our involvement with air strikes against ISIL in Syria in 2015, you seem to be implying this has led to us killing women and children in Syria (without parliamentary approval, but why would parliament approve killing women and children?). Do you have the figures of just how many the RAF have killed?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No she doesn’t.
Military action is a prerogative power by the PM on behalf of the crown,Parliament has no legally established role in this process, even if parliament debated and voted against military action the government is under no legal obligation to abide by a parliamentary vote. Cameron did abide by a vote in 2013 against humanitarian and military action to deter further chemical attacks, but he was not legally obliged to do so.
Parliament approved our involvement with air strikes against ISIL in Syria in 2015, you seem to be implying this has led to us killing women and children in Syria (without parliamentary approval, but why would parliament approve killing women and children?). Do you have the figures of just how many the RAF have killed?

I stand corrected. Theresa May would be solely responsible for the consequences without turning to Parliament first.

482 attacks in Syria, 3,000 in Iraq, 3,000 terrorists reported dead by the RAF and not ONE civilian death reported by the RAF................................

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No she doesn’t.
To be fair when other countries strike its woman and children but when we or the states strike you don't get any of this.Just seems like propaganda rubbish and that old chestnut "woman and children" is used to stoke up the fire.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I stand corrected. Theresa May would be solely responsible for the consequences without turning to Parliament first.

482 attacks in Syria, 3,000 in Iraq, 3,000 terrorists reported dead by the RAF and not ONE civilian death reported by the RAF................................

Best Air Force in the world chap.
Dont forget the thousands of sorties that dont result in an air strike and get called off because there is intelligence or concern an RAF strike might hit civilians and not the intended IS terrorists

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Send in the troops image.jpg

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The only way to calm this situation down is for Assad, Trump and Putin to sit down with a few joints and a few packs of chocolate HobNobs. Times are desperate. Joking aside, I really can’t see this ending well at all. It’s looking grim

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
@realDonaldTrump
"Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!"

[tweet]984022625440747520[/tweet]

#crikey

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
@realDonaldTrump
"Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!"

[tweet]984022625440747520[/tweet]

#crikey

FFS

I was wanting that to be a wind up.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
FFS

I was wanting that to be a wind up.

Time to go to the mattresses. These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood.

The infinite wisdom of The Godfather.

Or rather not actually.

I fear we might be using the words "Well that escalated quickly" in a few days and the consequences of that make the mind boggle.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This whole chemcial weapons story is the biggest pile of media manipulation I've ever seen. WHy on earth would Assad use them in a war he was about to win knowing it would give an excuse to bring in the Western war machine;. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Trump handily letting Putin know that it might be a good idea to move a few planes out of the way.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
This whole chemcial weapons story is the biggest pile of media manipulation I've ever seen. WHy on earth would Assad use them in a war he was about to win knowing it would give an excuse to bring in the Western war machine;. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I thought it was strange but why did the Russians veto independent check at the UN.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
First thing Russia does is locate troops or personnel at key Syrian points. When the US bombed the runway this time last year they had to clear it with the Russians first to ensure none were present. Syria then redeployed its forces to another airstrip.

Both sides have been argued to have used chemical weapons, both sides have committed atrocities and war crimes. The 'rebels' haven't really been discussed much, perhaps the idea that anyone opposing Assad must be ok is what is being aimed at. In Ghouta, where the chemical attack occurred you have:

Jaysh al-Islam (wants to replace Syria with a sharia law state, possibly funded by Saudi Arabia)
Faylaq al-Rahmna (moderate by the standards we are dealing with)
Hay'at Tahir al-Sham (Syrian version of Al Qaeda)
Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki movmement (catchy name but given they beheaded a 15 year old which was distributed online probably not the best bunch)
Harakat Ahrar al-Sham al-Islamiyya (guess what, they also want an ultra religious sharia state also, rivals with Hay'at so that'll work then)

I'd never advocate for the use of chemical weapons against any person or group. The wider point here is that destabilising yet another regime in the middle East with no viable alternative is madness. The idea that we are going after the 'bad guy' is near parody, the Saudi regime is committing similar crimes in Yemen, will May demand a strike there as well?

Nope, we invite them round for tea.

So, if we are going in there at least have the decency to be honest. We'd be doing it for reasons separate to the apparent trigger which involves Russia and pipeline access.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here