Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we appeal the Propper red?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Propper has never been sent off in his career apparently so i guess this will have played a part in the clubs viewpoint that the FA may seem fit to reduce the ban from 3 to 1 games ban or even a all clear who knows , if you think you're not guilty of something it's probably hard to take that you're being charged with the offence , it's no crime he's committed but if it was me and i knew i hadn't intended to do it i would want to fight it too , human nature , tbh i don't think he has much chance of no ban at all but he may get a reduced ban with a bit of FA common sense .

And that's where it all goes titsup :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Propper has never been sent off in his career apparently so i guess this will have played a part in the clubs viewpoint that the FA may seem fit to reduce the ban from 3 to 1 games ban or even a all clear who knows , if you think you're not guilty of something it's probably hard to take that you're being charged with the offence , it's no crime he's committed but if it was me and i knew i hadn't intended to do it i would want to fight it too , human nature , tbh i don't think he has much chance of no ban at all but he may get a reduced ban with a bit of FA common sense .

And that's where it all goes titsup :lolol:

On the radio he said he might have been sent off once before ..but wasn't too sure (thought he might remember if it was only once)

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Is that not only applicable in junior football as I used it once for a cup semi final. I thought that in the FL the matter was heard before the next game ie this week. i know that WBA used that ploy to keep Rodriguez playing but that was a different scenario.

now you mention it, whatever happened to the Rodriguez racism allegation ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Club are taking a roll of the dice. If you take the view we are highly likely not to get anything out of our last three games then it's worth the gamble to try and have him available for Palace and Burnley, two games where we might hope to pick up points. Personally think it unlikely the appeal will succeed as I understand all three members of the panel have to agree for it to be overturned and far too many people think the red was a 50/50 decision. That and the fact we are Brighton and not one of the big clubs means nothing will change.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The chances of keeping your trousers dry when pissing into a very strong wind are better than a successful appeal of Davy's red. The kunnts.

Exactly right. Unless it was completely the wrong decision the FA, rightly IMO, usually support their referees and have an "umpire's call" view whereby the decision made on the field of play stands. 'Extremely harsh' isn't a good enough reason to get a red overturned - as we all learnt from Stevens at Middlesborough.

Does this appeal carry the risk of an extra game ban if it's deemed 'frivolous'? If not it's probably worth a punt, but really it's not worth people getting their hopes up.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Today's Argus story seems to think he wont get an extra game added to the ban... "The appeal is unlikely to be deemed frivolous, thereby averting the risk of the punishment being stretched to an extra game."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Today's Argus story seems to think he wont get an extra game added to the ban... "The appeal is unlikely to be deemed frivolous, thereby averting the risk of the punishment being stretched to an extra game."
............or maybe they'll remember the Murphy, Stephens, Murray and Hemed appeals and consider us to be serial unsuccessful appealers and deem this appeal frivolous on those grounds!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
............or maybe they'll remember the Murphy, Stephens, Murray and Hemed appeals and consider us to be serial unsuccessful appealers and deem this appeal frivolous on those grounds!
So all the refs were talking about DP's red ??? surprised the Ashley Young challenge wasn't at the top of the list, the refs are so shite no wonder none made the World Cup.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
So all the refs were talking about DP's red ??? surprised the Ashley Young challenge wasn't at the top of the list, the refs are so shite no wonder none made the World Cup.

Has Ashley Young got off? I`m surprised there has been no retrospective punishment for that tackle.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Wishful thinking. If it is thought that an appeal is just to make Propper available for the Palace game then it could be deemed as frivolous.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Never get overturned unless a clear mistaken identity or no contact - otherwise forget it - refs are always backed.

And we are just a small club! We won't get FA from the FA.

And do we really want to run the risk that the ban will be extended for a "frivolous appeal"?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
cant see appeal working. Can easily argue its a red and they don't generally go against refs in those situations.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I cannot see the FA backing down

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
cant see appeal working. Can easily argue its a red and they don't generally go against refs in those situations.

This is a interesting part of this process that may have been instrumental in the clubs appeal itself , it seemed very likely that the ref in fact hadn't really seen the incident clearly himself and got the nod from the 4th official , now i'm not pretending to know the rulings on such matters if the red card was given purely on the 4th officials say so but if it has , then perhaps the rules themselves are slightly different on appeal . iv'e looked at it enough times to think that it could go either way in the minds of a panel , though i fear the worst going by Dale stephens miscarriage of FA justice .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And we are just a small club! We won't get FA from the FA.

And do we really want to run the risk that the ban will be extended for a "frivolous appeal"?

Lots of pundits have said it's 50/50. It's not exactly frivolous. Won't be overturned in a million years though.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wishful thinking. If it is thought that an appeal is just to make Propper available for the Palace game then it could be deemed as frivolous.

Complete rubbish. The whole point of appealing is to get the ban lifted.
See the Murray appeal last season.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Does anyone think the Ashley Young tackle at the weekend, which was arguably much more dangerous, and didn't even receive a yellow card, may be used as evidence for why it should be overturned?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is a interesting part of this process that may have been instrumental in the clubs appeal itself , it seemed very likely that the ref in fact hadn't really seen the incident clearly himself and got the nod from the 4th official , now i'm not pretending to know the rulings on such matters if the red card was given purely on the 4th officials say so but if it has , then perhaps the rules themselves are slightly different on appeal . iv'e looked at it enough times to think that it could go either way in the minds of a panel , though i fear the worst going by Dale stephens miscarriage of FA justice .

Murphy's red card was more of an injustice than Stephens. He slipped and brought the man down, it wasn't even a tackle, but still didn't get overturned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here