Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No ratings thread?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
CH cannot be blamed for poor performances from so many players. He can be blamed for being so slow to change things around though and his hand was forced by the Propper sending off. It was very obvious once we came out playing with the same incompetence as the end of the first half that he needed to shake things up quickly. Yep CH has to take some of the blame for yesterday imo.

It does beg the question as to what happens at half time. It seems pretty obvious that the hair dryer isn't switched on and as you rightly say, the lethargy continued in the second half. He is cautious by nature and is not a gambler and seems to manage by routine rather by instinct. Indicative of the high number of 0-2 defeats suffered this season. Defend resolutely but don't attack with much ambition. Eventually pressure mounts, class tells, mistakes creep in and we go a goal down. Gameplan still continues, with maybe one ' like for like ' substitution. More a gesture than a desire to try and wrest the game back. Eventually and usually in the latter stages we concede a second. Game over. Done and Dusted. We make a couple more changes, to give different players a bit of game-time, opposition coast home, we seem happy to avoid heavier defeat. Simplistic, I know but it does feel that way.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan - 7 - No chance with the goal.
Schelotto 4 - At times he looks a good player but games like this make me think we need a new RB and the new Bruno contract is a mistake. Poor in attack and awful defensively. Reminded me of Peter Smith today. No end product and no positional sense, run about a lot though.
Bong - 7 - Did pretty well defensively, but some poor attacking decisions as options closed down.
Dunk - 7 - Quality
Duffy - 4 As poor as I have seen him in an Albion shirt. Looked like the error for the goal got to him.
March 6 A mixed bag, carries the ball well but decision making can be poor at times.
Propper 5 - Silly challenge and a bad miss that seemed to set the tone.
Stephens 8 - My MOM thought he won a lot in midfield and used the ball well.
Izquierdo 5 - Poor today, two decent chances where he lacked composure and some poor choices with the ball 1st half.
Gross 6 - Looked tired today, didn't make a lot of mistakes, but didn't do a great deal positively either.
Murray 6 - Isolated and looked tired today. No point in firing balls up to him if there is no one gambling on the knock down.

Ulloa 7 - Decent cameo, lovely pass for Izzy who should've scored.
Kayal 6 - Not on long enough to form an opinion really.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
What makes you so sure we won't benefit from shock results?

Playing like we did yesterday ( and at Everton ) we will struggle to get another point.
We have undoubtedly the toughest run-in and I don't care what anyone says about possible lack of focus amongst the big boys, they will still be going flat out against us to ensure the highest possible finish. Same applies to a very focussed and motivated Burnley side and we all know next week will be extremely hostile and difficult. Walcott and Bolassie ran us ragged at Everton...cue Zaha.
I wish I shared the confidence of some fans that we will pick up decent points but I just can't see it. We make too many mistakes and lack too much ambition away from home.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Blimey. Tough crowd.

I thought it was a pretty good performance. On another day it would have been 4 or 5-1.

Just couldn’t finish off the myriad of chances that were created. Thought Stephens and Izzy were really good in particular.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan - 7 - No chance with the goal.
Schelotto 4 - At times he looks a good player but games like this make me think we need a new RB and the new Bruno contract is a mistake. Poor in attack and awful defensively. Reminded me of Peter Smith today. No end product and no positional sense, run about a lot though.
Bong - 7 - Did pretty well defensively, but some poor attacking decisions as options closed down.
Dunk - 7 - Quality
Duffy - 4 As poor as I have seen him in an Albion shirt. Looked like the error for the goal got to him.
March 6 A mixed bag, carries the ball well but decision making can be poor at times.
Propper 5 - Silly challenge and a bad miss that seemed to set the tone.
Stephens 8 - My MOM thought he won a lot in midfield and used the ball well.
Izquierdo 5 - Poor today, two decent chances where he lacked composure and some poor choices with the ball 1st half.
Gross 6 - Looked tired today, didn't make a lot of mistakes, but didn't do a great deal positively either.
Murray 6 - Isolated and looked tired today. No point in firing balls up to him if there is no one gambling on the knock down.

Ulloa 7 - Decent cameo, lovely pass for Izzy who should've scored.
Kayal 6 - Not on long enough to form an opinion really.

Good ratings ... not getting sucked into over-rating Schelotto, Propper, Gross and Izquierdo, who all had a game to forget, failing on what was required of them.

I disagree about Ulloa - I think he tried but completely flopped, making nothing of his fresh legs.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Playing like we did yesterday ( and at Everton ) we will struggle to get another point.
We have undoubtedly the toughest run-in and I don't care what anyone says about possible lack of focus amongst the big boys, they will still be going flat out against us to ensure the highest possible finish. Same applies to a very focussed and motivated Burnley side and we all know next week will be extremely hostile and difficult. Walcott and Bolassie ran us ragged at Everton...cue Zaha.
I wish I shared the confidence of some fans that we will pick up decent points but I just can't see it. We make too many mistakes and lack too much ambition away from home.

The league table suggests teams below us are worse than us.

What makes you think they'll get shock results and we won't?

I think we'll pick up a point somewhere (Palace Burnley or even Man U at home).

Even if we don't I just can't see the gap being overturned.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good ratings ... not getting sucked into over-rating Schelotto, Propper, Gross and Izquierdo, who all had a game to forget, failing on what was required of them.

I disagree about Ulloa - I think he tried but completely flopped, making nothing of his fresh legs.

He wasn't the sub I would've made to be honest but I thought he held the ball up as best as he was able without a great deal of support. He is never going to provide an upgrade in terms of movement or legs but he did what he did well and used his physicality quite well. I'dve gone for Locadia as I think he would've turned them around and got us up the pitch a bit but I'll take Chris's opinion over mine every day of the week...

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
We looked very nervous whenever they came at us after gifting them the goal. It was stressful enough watching from where I was and it's going to be a long run in if we finish the season playing like that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here