Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Aussie Cheats!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In any case, the fast bowlers were probably just used to the ball miraculously reversing after Davey Warner had had his taped up mitts on it..... [emoji6]

But...but...he was just protecting his fingers....and sending a loving message to his wife...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm going to wear a black arm band to the club on Friday night in commiseration for Australian cricket.
That should get them going !

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm going to wear a black arm band to the club on Friday night in commiseration for Australian cricket.

You need some yellow tape/sandpaper to fall out as you get your wallet out.

Even better just drop bits round their feet for them to find.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Well if nothing else, this story is giving me my sports fix through the international break. The Aussies deserve some credit for that at least.

The timing could not have been better. Aside from the naff International break, also a distraction from what 'should' have been the most embarrassing cricket story of the week.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

You should be a little more subtle. An angle grinder under one arm with a packet of wet n dry medium grit in the other hand should do the job.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder what Steve Smith is thinking about all of this. Condemnation from his own prime minister, former players, the newspapers and TV media and a wider acceptance from the rest of the world that he is a cheat. The coach about to fall on his sword and the ruination of a younger test colleague down to him.

What he did was really bad but how shit must he feel right now.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I wonder what Steve Smith is thinking about all of this. Condemnation from his own prime minister, former players, the newspapers and TV media and a wider acceptance from the rest of the world that he is a cheat. The coach about to fall on his sword and the ruination of a younger test colleague down to him.

What he did was really bad but how shit must he feel right now.

And I can't see him getting a commentary job when he quits the game either.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder if any counties might fancy a season or Warner or Smith?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was saying to my son earlier that it would be perfect if it was Smith, Warner and Lyon who copped for it. An unholy trinity of total pricks.

Until this affair, tbh, I didn't have Smith nearly so far up my list of 'Cricketing pricks' as those other two.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's still young... plenty of time

Another piece here in The SMH saying just that - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...ched-the-end-of-the-road-20180327-p4z6kq.html

The comeback trail is not as fraught for Steve Smith. At 28, Smith still has plenty of time to rebuild his reputation. Australian cricket is littered with players who have overcome disgrace and been welcomed back to the fold.
Greg Chappell, the man who ordered his brother Trevor to bowl underarm, is now a selector and national talent manager. Shane Warne recovered from twin blows of taking money from a bookmaker and a one-year suspension for drugs. Mark Waugh, who was also sanctioned for the bookmaker incident, is now a selector and respected commentator.

Sadly David Warner isn't as young.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Press conference about to start.... could get very messy for Smith, Warner, Bancroft and Lehmann.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lehmann safe, Smith,Warner and Bancroft.... book thrown.....tomorrow.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Smith, Warner and Bancroft being sent home with more sanctions to follow.

The daughter of a friend of ours in SA went out with Steve Smith for a bit - he took her to Michael Clark's wedding. He is not the brightest bloke she has ever met apparently.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Joke that Lehman stays. What message does that send?

Word is, and seems to have been confirmed by the investigation, that he genuinely had no idea. I thought he was toast but hey ho. " Substantial Sanctions " to be announced regarding the others though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here