Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto injury

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Disgusting challenge, Schelotto was lucky he wasn't seriously injured.

Red card without a doubt, Kolasinac should be serving a ban. :censored:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A red all day long, reminded me of that Schumacher challenge on Battiston all those years ago in terms of brutal intent. I imagine he will get done retrospectively, and of course that is one of those classic cases where we get no benefit at all, and the benefit goes to those teams Arsenal play without him (possibly our rivals). At least a) he seems okay and b) we won the game anyway.

For this, and the Stephens booking for which he was also well placed, Attwell should be given a day off work. Shocking decisions.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In my opinion Kolasinac is going to head the ball, but with a poorly disguised large portion of shoulder to the head to make sure he gets it.
Booking all day long, ref bottled it.

Not sure how you can see that. He turns his shoulder into Schelotto. You don't head the ball by turning your back on it!!!

biddles911

May 12, 2014
In my opinion Kolasinac is going to head the ball, but with a poorly disguised large portion of shoulder to the head to make sure he gets it.
Booking all day long, ref bottled it.

Have watched the clip several times.

Kolasinac clearly knows that Schelotto is there and going to head the ball. The nature of his challenge is bound to put Schelotto in danger and is at least as bad as a high boot or swinging an elbow at another player in my view.

Only possible defence is that it’s a 50/50 ball without intent but I don’t think that’s anything like enough to outweigh the dangerous nature of the challenge.

Ref could argue he couldn’t see it clearly but the linesman certainly did.

Should have been a straight red....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Perhaps had we been a bit cuter after Kolasinac booking we would have attacked more down that side and put pressure on him to collect a simple second booking. That said, no excuse for the the officials to take no action following his assault on Schelotto.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
That would nor have been allowed in rugby so how can it in football? Absolute joke of a ref and to rub it in he gave a throw in!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A red all day long, reminded me of that Schumacher challenge on Battiston all those years ago in terms of brutal intent. I imagine he will get done retrospectively, and of course that is one of those classic cases where we get no benefit at all, and the benefit goes to those teams Arsenal play without him (possibly our rivals). At least a) he seems okay and b) we won the game anyway.

For this, and the Stephens booking for which he was also well placed, Attwell should be given a day off work. Shocking decisions.

Kolasinac is dreadful. Can't see it benefiting our opponents to not play against him. But as the referee 'saw the challenge' doubt there will be retrospective

Arsenal have got Stoke, Saints and West Ham, all at home, they should have enough at home. They go away to Newcastle, which you fancy Newcastle right now, and they go away to Huddersfield last game of the season for what might be Arsene Wenger's last game in charge.

The Stephens challenge was really weird, in that full speed I agreed with Attwell, but in replay Wilshere was nowhere near the ball. LIke watching two different incidents!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
At the time from the West I thought it was 50/50 clash. Looking at the replay he should have gone for a second yellow all day long.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kolasinac is dreadful. Can't see it benefiting our opponents to not play against him. But as the referee 'saw the challenge' doubt there will be retrospective
He can't have seen it, as he didn't give him a straight red. And since he didn't give a yellow, he didn't deal with it so there can be retrospective action.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dermot Gallagher has just called it as a definite red on SSN Ref Watch. For once I agree with a referee!
Wow. For Dermot to go against the decision on the day shows just how clear it was. Not that I didn't already know it was a clear red.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hopefully just stunned. I saw that challenge with a bit of intent in it, shocking decision for a throw in only. Was on the field at the end to celebrate with the players so fingers crossed.

In wrestling it was a forearm smash - apart from the ASSAULT/body check - whatever ! Second Yellow = RED

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
not sure it deserved a card tbh though was a tough tackle and should've been a foul. Stephens yellow card was a disgrace certainly wasn't a foul at all.

I'm a Rugby player and tend to er on the side of MTFUP in these cases - however there is an angle that wasn't taken into account and that is that intent is irrelevant because the issue really is duty of care. Regardless of whether he intended to name the Greyhound he failed in his duty of care for him and therefore it is a red card. End of!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here