Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive v Huddersfield

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't know - ff he gets some cameras set-up, he could make a mint from suing thousands of Wednesday fans for slander.

If the evidence was recorded on camera, it would be libel - not slander. Libel is the worse of the two, and it's much easier to sue someone for libel than it is slander.

Jimmy Grimble

Forestieri cemented himself as a big game bottle job now. Vastly overrated player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He tried to play mind games with us, got his 'facts' completely wrong and his team choked. Really no biggie to us, it's not going to make me dislike Huddersfield. I'd have liked Fulham promoted, but it's only Wednesday I didn't want going up. Not too fussed who wins the final, I'll enjoy it either way.

Yeah, I was really cheering Fulham last night.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Now they know how much losing in the semi final hurts.Hopefully this will teach them how to conduct themselves when you win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Owls Talk: LIVE.

kimk_0.gif

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wagner interview after was OK.

Very happy with Reading v Hudds. Whoever wins will replace us as favourites for relegation. ��

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He tried to play mind games with us, got his 'facts' completely wrong and his team choked. Really no biggie to us, it's not going to make me dislike Huddersfield. I'd have liked Fulham promoted, but it's only Wednesday I didn't want going up. Not too fussed who wins the final, I'll enjoy it either way.

Wa**er made enemies of others too, think Monk.

But the Owis acted as if they were CL winners last year after knocking out an Albion team with unprecedented injuries and missing DS due to an injustice.

Karma at Wembley last year and now the icing on the cake.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If the evidence was recorded on camera, it would be libel - not slander.
Pretty sure it's slander.

If the comments reached the audience via the tv cameras, that would be libel, but the words will reach the other people in the crowd directly, so that's slander - the video footage (that I suggest he takes) is evidence, not the publication.

But if it's also on tv, and the tv audiences hear it, it could be both slander and libel.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wa**er made enemies of others too, think Monk.

But the Owis acted as if they were CL winners last year after knocking out an Albion team with unprecedented injuries and missing DS due to an injustice.

Karma at Wembley last year and now the icing on the cake.

Check out htfc-world report of the Leeds game and monk in his angel costume! It's brilliant

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Pretty sure it's slander.

If the comments reached the audience via the tv cameras, that would be libel, but the words will reach the other people in the crowd directly, so that's slander - the video footage (that I suggest he takes) is evidence, not the publication.

But if it's also on tv, and the tv audiences hear it, it could be both slander and libel.

It's categorised as any recorded media. It doesn't need to be broadcast, just have the potential to be. So it'd be libel.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's categorised as any recorded media. It doesn't need to be broadcast, just have the potential to be.
Have you got a link for that?
The definition I'm reading says "Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications", so if it's not being televised, it's not a broadcast that's reaching a large audience.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
On Owlstalk some have decided the only way out of this division is automatic promotion, so, that's what they are going for next season, and not the play offs again.:ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here