Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion related extended "Dry January" challenge

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Late contender for worst idea of the year?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The thought of going without alcohol for a day is bad enough. This guy at work had a dry September for some health reason. He became really miserable and did not join us for several drinking sessions. He now drinks as much as before and is still fat. He says himself- what was the point?

I can't go 3 days without a drink without feeling a bit twitchy. No way in hell I'd manage a week yet alone 5 months.

Going to watch a game sober? What's that like?

9 days I went without alcohol after contracting salmonella, 9 whole days ffs. Longest I have ever been without a drink that is.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I tend not to drink from going to bed Sunday evening until the following Friday evening, in other words I'm dry on weekdays. So unless we win the league by a Friday evening following a Sunday then I will have to graciously turn down your very generous offer.
I do however, have an alternative. How about we drink every day until we're promoted and then go get totally shitfaced Ollie Reed style for a couple of non stop weeks? Or what about giving us the alternatives of either? I love my flavoured water far too much to give it up.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The Mathematical Drinking Challenge. Not a drop shall pass my lips until we are mathematically certain of our fate this season: to go up, or stay down. Either way, my first drink in 2017 will be a celebration of an amazing season. I'm in.

Hats off to you, you`ll be healthier and wealthier for it !!! Keep us informed how you`re doing !!!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Horrible. Due to being a lazy git and not getting out of bed much before 10.30 I didn't have time for a pint before the QPR game, and mid-way through the second half I got a call out from work so had leave and go straight home to work on about 80 minutes. Thank God we were 3-0 up at the time.

surely you should not be drinking if you are on call for work?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
surely you should not be drinking if you are on call for work?

If that were true I would have to be 100% teetotal. I provide second-level support 24/7, 365 days a year, which basically means if the guys that are actually on call can't fix the problem or cannot be contacted, then I'm the escalation point.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
January dry - fine, I usually do that anyway. Not keen to sign up for the longer version though, so no thanks.

Last edited:

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Bit of an idea I dreamt up after the QPR game (in the pub!) which I just thought I'd post to get your thoughts on.

This is not so much "Dry Jan" but rather a no alcohol challenge that extends from 2am on 01 January until Albion are either:

A) promoted; or
B) our season finishes.

Currently, we could be promoted as early as 25 February (haha!) but on the flip side the play-off final is on 29 May, with the regular season finishing on 07 May.. Will there be wild celebrations or drowning of sorrows?! :drink:

Just wondering what you think of this idea - and if you reckon it's got mileage whether you'd take part in this unofficial NSC challenge?

I bet you're a vegetarien as well?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Bit of an idea I dreamt up after the QPR game (in the pub!) which I just thought I'd post to get your thoughts on.

This is not so much "Dry Jan" but rather a no alcohol challenge that extends from 2am on 01 January until Albion are either:

A) promoted; or
B) our season finishes.

Currently, we could be promoted as early as 25 February (haha!) but on the flip side the play-off final is on 29 May, with the regular season finishing on 07 May.. Will there be wild celebrations or drowning of sorrows?! :drink:

Just wondering what you think of this idea - and if you reckon it's got mileage whether you'd take part in this unofficial NSC challenge?

If you manage your expectations well like Chris Hughton if you fail to gain promotion you go right back to defining your goals and back to work. If you gain promotion, you celebrate for a defined period and then go right to defining your goals and back to work of staying in the PL.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A) promoted; or
B) our season finishes.

How about I go part of the way with you? I won't touch a drop of sherry, vermouth, vodka, John Smith's or lager. That do?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

A) promoted; or
B) our season finishes.

are you ****in mad....???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here