Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who's The TV Person With The Least Talent And Presumably The Best Agent?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have to say I find him very funny indeed.

In my opinion Romesh Ranganathan is one of the funniest comedians around. He has never failed to make me and the other half laugh. We are enjoying his new show on BBC2 at the moment.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet but I'm suprised at another negative post about RR. I'm glad the BBC have given him a show. It's pretty much the only show I'm watching on the BBC at the moment.

I agree, I do like RR. I saw him at Komedia for 2016/17 new year's eve show and he was hilarious. Also, he doesn't make all his jokes about the fact he's Asian.

Nish Kumar on the other hand, seems to almost exclusively tell jokes about being Asian. Yes, we get it, you're brown, now tell some other jokes. He also seems to be obsessed by telling us he's not Romesh. It's a shame because on the rare occasions he does tell another joke he's usually pretty funny.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe not entirely fair to include him on this list as clearly he was an incredibly talented footballer and the media is not his main career, but how the heck does Ryan Giggs get TV work?! Absolutely dreadful.

The whiny-Manc accent may work with Manc gold diggers, but god he's drab on TV. Gets the work because he was once an exceptional footballer.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
Tess Daly (she of the 3-cock mouth) seems to command a salary which isn't commensurate with her talent.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I would like to generalise with all the professional northerners from Parkie to Peter Kaye to Steph McGovern and all the link people on Channel 4 plus all the ones who say h'aitch.

As a bonus I'll throw in Kate Garraway and Ben Shepperd.

Oi! I love Kate, for all the reasons a hot blooded male of a certain age should do.:love:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Michael McIntyre?

Sidenote: I'm aware of 17% of the names mentioned in this thread.
Seems I'm not losing out in life without their inclusion.

Agreed. His success is a complete mystery to me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I mean, let's all be honest with ourselves.....Chris Kamara isn't actually very good, is he.

VERY likeable. Lovely bloke. but.....I mean.....he's really quite rubbish at his job.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I really like Steph :)

Anyway - Leigh Francis, Paddy McGuiness, Ben Shepherd, everybody else from GMB, if we're including writers then Ben Elton since halfway through 'The Thin Blue Line' and a growing dislike of David Mitchell because it appears he will do literally ANYTHING for cash.

Oh, and Keith Allen of course. And Lee Mack.

Keith Allen.... ever since he did his embarrassing rant around that table years back. Mind you listening to both Stewart Lee and Alexis Sayle intellectualise about comedy makes me squirm and I like their acts but do me a favour ... pleeeese.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree, I do like RR. I saw him at Komedia for 2016/17 new year's eve show and he was hilarious. Also, he doesn't make all his jokes about the fact he's Asian.

Nish Kumar on the other hand, seems to almost exclusively tell jokes about being Asian. Yes, we get it, you're brown, now tell some other jokes. He also seems to be obsessed by telling us he's not Romesh. It's a shame because on the rare occasions he does tell another joke he's usually pretty funny.
Both are shite.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Agreed. His success is a complete mystery to me.

If you had seen Michael McIntyre at The Komedia when Comedy Steve offered first shout on the tickets to NSC users, you would understand. He was hilarious to the point of me being unable to breathe for laughing.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Keith Allen.... ever since he did his embarrassing rant around that table years back. Mind you listening to both Stewart Lee and Alexis Sayle intellectualise about comedy makes me squirm and I like their acts but do me a favour ... pleeeese.

KA is talentless and vile. I had the misfortune of spending time in his company some time ago. He's a drunken bore.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you had seen Michael McIntyre at The Komedia when Comedy Steve offered first shout on the tickets to NSC users, you would understand. He was hilarious to the point of me being unable to breathe for laughing.

Even more hilarious was when the girl in the audience had a drunken pop at him for only doing a half hour set and he got all floppy-hair flustered :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here