Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting how quiet the ERG are at the moment, either locked away plotting or more concerned about money and power and don't want an election
Wait until the Sunday papers come out and see what the *swivel eyed loons* have written.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Cannot stand May and all her cronies. However, I’m not sure how she managed to get this sorry bunch of pathetic individuals to at least look like they are thinking about the best for us, the people, but I’m glad she did.
It may well be that she offered her political head, ie stand with me to March 19, and I’ll stand down and support whoever.
What happens if the EU say ....... No?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
May might as well just revoke A50 and keep calling it Brexit. It will pretty much amount to the same thing but importantly it will keep everyone happy. Brexiteers have Brexit (and their oh so important blue passports) and the rest of us normal people can just get on with things. Job done.

:lolol:

ParkRun is calling.

Its ok now though as [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] has read the chequers statement and has said according to it we are keeping free movement.
Why are you not celebrating this victory on free movement? It was one of your main things wasn’t it.. After brexit everyone will still be free to go and live, jobseek, work, join family and study anywhere in Europe without restrictions the same as before brexit according to clampy. ???

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Cannot stand May and all her cronies. However, I’m not sure how she managed to get this sorry bunch of pathetic individuals to at least look like they are thinking about the best for us, the people, but I’m glad she did.
It may well be that she offered her political head, ie stand with me to March 19, and I’ll stand down and support whoever.
What happens if the EU say ....... No?

Then it's no deal. Or she'll just roll over. Spineless. Going against what the country voted for. Shame on them.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So you spoke to everyone in Wales then?
I'm astonished that you remainers are so loved up with Brussels when the whole of Europe is on a massive downward spiral in many aspects.Yet you love these power hungry idiots who really do love controlling countries.

Rebates rebates rebates.....We give to them and they give some back.Thats called a middle man that distributes money and I'm sure Britain is capable of doing this themselves and just maybe once we start trading globally we can start focusing on a new prosperous Britain.
Where do you think the EU get all their money from? God?
Let's be honest wales has had problems for decades even in the EU and the same for northern England which has very poor areas.Its time for some back bone and determination to make these places prosperous and to share the future wealth.
The EU isn't the place for us and it's time to spread our wings as it's a big world out there:clap2:

It sounds like you agree with the principle, that wealthy parts should fund the regeneration of the poorer parts, which is why the UK is a Net contributor, and countries like Poland and Slovakia net recipients. In the long run, the aim is that there will not be so much disparity, and people will not travel from one country to another so much as opportunities will be pretty similar. As you say, lets share the wealth around a bit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Marvellous scenes.Now we need Leo the gnome to reject the proposal,May to resign,a General Election,followed by a good ,hard Brexit,and the job's a winner.England to win today,Lewis to win tomorrow,Rule Brittannia.:thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Interesting how quiet the ERG are at the moment, either locked away plotting or more concerned about money and power and don't want an election

Still awaiting instructions from the Honourable Member for the 18th Century who's gathering their thoughts apparently.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Marvellous scenes.Now we need Leo the gnome to reject the proposal,May to resign,a General Election,followed by a good ,hard Brexit,and the job's a winner.England to win today,Lewis to win tomorrow,Rule Brittannia.:thumbsup:

Given your keen sense of history I think that - from a hard Brexit viewpoint - Dunkirk might be a parallel and that a victory celebration is not really appropriate?

Mr Churchill tempered his admiration for the success of Operation Dynamo with these words: "Wars are not won by evacuations".
He said there was no doubt in his mind that the last few weeks had been a "colossal military disaster".

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Then it's no deal. Or she'll just roll over. Spineless. Going against what the country voted for. Shame on them.

Well to be honest, I hope the EU says no. Then May’s plastic government collapses, forcing a general election, where anyone promising to STAY In the EU will romp home, taking us back to at least some semblance of political and economical stability we have been missing the last two years!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Given your keen sense of history I think that - from a hard Brexit viewpoint - Dunkirk might be a parallel and that a victory celebration is not really appropriate?

Mr Churchill tempered his admiration for the success of Operation Dynamo with these words: "Wars are not won by evacuations".
He said there was no doubt in his mind that the last few weeks had been a "colossal military disaster".

Definitely a bit of historical parallel there.Escaping from the German-led disaster that destroyed Europe after the collapse of our European 'allies'.Then being able to regroup and with our Commonwealth friends and American allies,including Brazil,advance to victory by giving the Nazis a damned good thrashing.Also an honourable mention for the Russkies.:)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Definitely a bit of historical parallel there.Escaping from the German-led disaster that destroyed Europe after the collapse of our European 'allies'.Then being able to regroup and with our Commonwealth friends and American allies,including Brazil,advance to victory by giving the Nazis a damned good thrashing.Also an honourable mention for the Russkies.:)

Not convinced that President Trump will be a latter-day FDR!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here