Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Hate to rain on the party...

I love these two to death...

...but desperately disappointed by the first episode, seemed like they were under instructions to be uproariously hilaritated (?) by not incredibly hilarious comments from the other.

Would have much preferred a more natural and less forced dialogue.

There, said it.

Won't be watching any more.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Apart from all the other stuff that Bob has done (with Vic) if anybody has seen his stints on Would I Lie To You? you would have seen what a funny and oddball life he had lead.
Most of his stories were so off the wall that they were called lies, but nope, they were the truth.
Wish I could remember some examples but I can't.
Loving the fishing show, just a naturally very funny man.

Theft and Shrubbery.

Flex Your Head

Not seen the programme yet, but have to mention the Athletico Mince podcast. Bob Mortimer is in his element throughout and given free reign to be as surreally inventive and as daft as he likes. I have never laughed out loud in public as often as I have when listening to these out and about. And all with a football theme, although it gets a tad tenuous at times.
An utter joy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not seen the programme yet, but have to mention the Athletico Mince podcast. Bob Mortimer is in his element throughout and given free reign to be as surreally inventive and as daft as he likes. I have never laughed out loud in public as often as I have when listening to these out and about. And all with a football theme, although it gets a tad tenuous at times.
An utter joy.

I have tried to enjoy AM podcast but it just irritates me on the whole and I always switch it off after 10 mins or so. It has its moments but they are too few and far between tonmake it worthwhile imho. Shame as Bob is a genius.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
An utter joy.

The gangs of the EPL was funny the first few times, it just started to bore the hell out of me.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
An utter joy.

Easily the funniest podcast around. Just when things are starting to get slightly tired they throw in a new section a la the Peter Beardsley monologues. Sheer genius.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Episode 5 was filmed on my place, and, other than Bob oversleeping and cocking up the intended start of the episode, it went quite well.

A while back someone on here was looking for prizes for a charity event and I donated a day’s fishing in the famous Bridge Pool, which I guess to a non angler meant nothing. It’s the place where this episode was filmed.

Anyone enjoy this week’s episode then?

I thought the film crew did a great job in conveying the magic of the location.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Anyone enjoy this week’s episode then?

I thought the film crew did a great job in conveying the magic of the location.

I did enjoy it , as I have all the episodes. Never been to Bridge Pool but looked lovely.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Would love to be able to go fishing and get paid for it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I love this programme although I have no interest in fishing. I love Bob Mortimer especially when he is just being himself. It's just nice to be able to watch a couple of very humorous mates genuinely enjoying each others company. I had a couple of mates like that since childhood but unfortunately over the last few years, due to changes in their circumstances, we are brothers no more, so I watch a little bit in envy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just watched on catch up. What a totally brilliant series for old people who have no interest in fishing.

Even Mrs Wz enjoys it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here