Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ryan Air Racist

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This incident is possibly symptomatic of the resentment building amongst white minorities who have seen their communities change to such a degree in such a relatively short period of time as to feel socially and perhaps economically inferior within their lifetimes. Add a political dimension such as ignoring their concerns and people start to feel threatened and get angry; hate and suffering then follow as Yoda wisely put it. Remember, many people are sick and tired of liberal fanatics telling them to welcome and integrate with millions of people whose heritage they don’t share, many of whom hardly reciprocate. As Brexit has shown us. That or he might just be an outright racist/xenophobic but I’m trying to look beyond the predictable social media outrage here.

it symptomatic of an old bigot getting a bit testy and resorting to racist langauge to put someone down for no reason other than they were a bit slow to move. there is no deeper analysis required.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
it symptomatic of an old bigot getting a bit testy and resorting to racist langauge to put someone down for no reason other than they were a bit slow to move. there is no deeper analysis required.

Thanks for this. But I think we all concluded he’s a grumpy old racist without too much analysis.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You do wonder if the cabin crew had been told in advance that guy had (as it appeared) mental health issues, and that influenced their reluctance to act properly and chuck him off.

If he doesn't and they weren't (and you can bet they'll be in a hurry to get that info out if he does) then without excusing his behaviour, it would explain their inaction a little more.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No faux outrage, I’d have been genuinely outraged. You make a good point re the delay though. I am gobsmacked that he was allowed to get away with that. I think, “either he gets off or I do” MAY have made them deal with him in the way he should have been dealt with in the first place. To me that behaviour is far worse than an obnoxious drunk on a flight and they’d have hauled one of those off for certain and delayed the plane?

I reckon most people on the flight have settled for a delay happily if it meant him being taken off the plane. Would you?

I'd have volunteered to swap places with the old lady, plugged into my earphones to ignore the old man and left it for the authorities to take action or not. And I certainly wouldn't stand there recording and then putting on social media. I just hate this endless boring outrage 'look at what he/she/heshe did/said/alluded to' it constantly generates. The world is full of disagreeable and repugnant people, usually when your own opinion differs considerably!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks for this. But I think we all concluded he’s a grumpy old racist without too much analysis.

you'd have thought but in past ten page plenty have tried to find alternative reasons.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Probably right but then isn't it in vogue to analyse, condemn and link everything back to Brexit?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
White minorities? Where?

So you are saying that we are not allowed to get annoyed or upset with what we see happening because it might be faux?

Plenty of cities.
No.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I bet the old git was a racist in 1975, 1985, etc.

Though I agree about the changed mood of half the country. The open doors policy since 1997, which the nation never had a say on, eventually led to a lot of anger and resentment in towns and shires up and down the country.

Personally I welcomed the new immigrants who came here to work, but I wasn't adversely affected. For many millions, there aren't enough school places, homes, doctors places, etc. Absolutely zero strategic planning went into infrastrutcture for the huge and sudden population increase.

But there can no excuse for criminal, evil racism.

It's what happens in every society, throughout history, getting bloodier and more violent the more extreme stress there is. We're all capable, even the righteous left. Just thankfully never experienced such pressure...yet!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Plenty of cities.
No.

I've lived and worked in up north where there are higher numbers of black people including living in an 'Asian' area of the town. Lots of people get on well together without any resentment.

Even if the man felt resentment from living in such a diverse area, nothing excuses his behaviour or language.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Surprised nobody has 'outed' him yet,or is he covered by data protection?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've lived and worked in up north where there are higher numbers of black people including living in an 'Asian' area of the town. Lots of people get on well together without any resentment.

Even if the man felt resentment from living in such a diverse area, nothing excuses his behaviour or language.

Yes.And no.Not looking to excuse.But understand/explain.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes.And no.Not looking to excuse.But understand/explain.

The only explanation is that he is a selfish nasty man. He isn't suffering from mental illness nor is he stressed.

Medical staff, ambulance workers get attacked doing their job, a security man in Sainsbury's in a video I posted earlier. Racist, selfish people who think they are more entitled than others. A 'Me First' person.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It is a crime to insult someone because of their ethnicity. It's nothing to do with wanting any sort of outcome.
The anger is because Ryanair made the woman move, and placated the man. That's why many many people are saying they will boycott Ryanair.
Like you have to wait until this to boycott Ryanair ffs. For me it was flying with vomit on the floor from the preseeding flight.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The only explanation is that he is a selfish nasty man. He isn't suffering from mental illness nor is he stressed.

Medical staff, ambulance workers get attacked doing their job, a security man in Sainsbury's in a video I posted earlier. Racist, selfish people who think they are more entitled than others. A 'Me First' person.
Could be one explanation

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Like you have to wait until this to boycott Ryanair ffs. For me it was flying with vomit on the floor from the preseeding flight.

Have to say, my thoughts exactly. I’ve been ‘boycotting’ them since they existed. Proudly never given them any business nor do I intend to.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
on a recent flight out of the emirates an arab family caused absolute chaos....kids screaming and running up and down the aisle as we were taking off ....i kid you not....stewardess had to get out of her seat and physically restrain the brat until the plane was up in the air and levelled out .....well over 5 minutes of hysterical antics from the entire family.....the problem was they had turned up ridiculously late and had been sat apart mum + 1 & dad + 1 ........when we were up the stewardess asked our row if we would shift , i stood up got all my shit out of the over head and then the bloke starts kicking off because they wanted window seats.....!!!! unbelievable ....!!! i sat back down , put my headphones on and settled down for the flight .....it took them over an hour to get the family settled then the demands for milk , nappies , crayons started .......ffs some people just should not get on planes.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i flew from Cairo to Capetown once .....by the time we landed the whole toilet bay was awash with a rather pungent slurry of human extrusions.......

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can't technically boycott them either because I've refused to fly with them for years.

I stupidly lost my boarding pass but at the airport hours in advance they charged me the cost of another flight to print it (*)

(*) Excluding costs not advertised up front like hold luggage, paying with a card, airport tax and water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here