Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What a day to have Sussex in your D.N.A. .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Ok, it seems I'm as guilty as some of your colleagues, but I would like to make amends. Maybe we should have a thread on places one should visit in Sussex, whether it be for a walk and pub lunch, to visit something historic, or any other particular reason.

You know what to do.

Seven Sisters, Cuckmere Haven and Birling Gap for starters I suggest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ok, it seems I'm as guilty as some of your colleagues, but I would like to make amends. Maybe we should have a thread on places one should visit in Sussex, whether it be for a walk and pub lunch, to visit something historic, or any other particular reason.

You know what to do.

I doubt you're alone. I know Sussex pretty well between Littlehampton and Brighton. I certainly don't know much East of Brighton, nor much in land.

Yesterday I went to Tunbridge Well on the train, Worthing to Brighton, Brighton to St Leonards Warrior Square and then SLWS to Tunbridge Wells. I hadn't heard of many of the places (and, yes, I appreciate I entered the enemy territory of Kent at some point there).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 more less autumnal ones, esp for those of you currently in Birmingham. :lol:

Sea.jpg

Sea 2.jpg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was shocked to discover at work this morning that some of my colleagues have NEVER visited Weardale and Teesdale. I mentioned the names of several villages and they didn't have a clue where they are. They live 20 minutes away from some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK and yet they have never been. I wonder how many Sussex residents have never gone walking on the Downs or visited the Ashdown Forest for example?

How do you get on there? I lived in Frosterley for a year in the early 90s, and they didn't really take too keenly to a southerner being amongst them. They weren't actively rude to me or anything - they just didn't talk to us in the pubs or elsewhere. Not being cliched, we really felt a bit out of place - and when I moved over the Pennines I couldn't believe the difference in welcome for me as an offcomer.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
How do you get on there? I lived in Frosterley for a year in the early 90s, and they didn't really take too keenly to a southerner being amongst them. They weren't actively rude to me or anything - they just didn't talk to us in the pubs or elsewhere. Not being cliched, we really felt a bit out of place - and when I moved over the Pennines I couldn't believe the difference in welcome for me as an offcomer.

Sorry to hear that. Getting on very well and finding pretty much everyone to be really friendly so maybe things have changed a bit. Have not been over your way much yet - only been to Alston but will endeavour to rectify that soon.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Brighton Pier NSC.JPG
    Brighton Pier NSC.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 300

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We tend to do three walks a day with the long walk around dusk as I love the sunsets viewed from up on the Downs.

7effa016b679dc2565cd73c026430133.jpg

It’s too nice to not be out there right now though. I shall grab a snap for you.

You need to stop drinking mate

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nothing more than a stunning October day in God's County, I suspect.

I'm just finishing off a bit of work and then I'm going to head up to Cissbury with the hound.

Love Cissbury Ring, and Chanctonbury for that matter. I can see one of them in the distance from the top floor attic in my house, blessed l know which one though.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I paddle boarded from the king alfred to the palace pier & back (1.5 hrs) in beautiful sunshine this afternoon & then had a 7 minute swim (1st 2 were cold & then got used to it) before returning to work for the late afternoon.

Gutted to be in London tomorrow otherwise I'd do it again

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I paddle boarded from the king alfred to the palace pier & back (1.5 hrs) in beautiful sunshine this afternoon & then had a 7 minute swim (1st 2 were cold & then got used to it) before returning to work for the late afternoon.

Gutted to be in London tomorrow otherwise I'd do it again

Bloody hell you make me feel old!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was a bit foggy over here tonight.

Attachments

• 81EAE2DB-5A8E-40DE-8625-FAF6E33284C2.jpeg
    81EAE2DB-5A8E-40DE-8625-FAF6E33284C2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 272

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I doubt you're alone. I know Sussex pretty well between Littlehampton and Brighton. I certainly don't know much East of Brighton, nor much in land.

Yesterday I went to Tunbridge Well on the train, Worthing to Brighton, Brighton to St Leonards Warrior Square and then SLWS to Tunbridge Wells. I hadn't heard of many of the places (and, yes, I appreciate I entered the enemy territory of Kent at some point there).

And you didn’t even come and say hello.... Actually you were hardly in Kent at all, the Sussex border is probably half mile away from TW Central station up the train line.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here