Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] WBSS - Groves vs Smith (& Eubank Jr vs JJ McDonagh)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Decent. Bit cheeky to thump him when he's clearly down.

On to Saunders - Andrade in a couple of weeks then, followed by Bellew - Usyk, and then Fury - Wilder.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Passing of the torch tonight. I’ve enjoyed following Groves for the past ten years but Smith looks a beast at 12 stone and it will take a great fighter to beat him.

The fight was close but throughout Groves looked far more vulnerable.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A great performance by Callum Smith, you could see the hunger from the years spent in the shadows. For a tall, rangy fighter, what power in all his shots including short hooks.

I know he’s hated in these parts, but I thought Eubank improved massively. This time a great defence, patience, slowly taking apart an arrogant opponent who thought he was going to destroy Eubank, with great economy in barely wasting a punch. Eubank reminded me a bit of Don Curry in his golden years. Fantastic concentration, picking the moments.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not in these parts he's not, him and his dad mostly get respect in Brighton and Hove. I like him, he annoys me sometimes but so did his dad but he's great to watch.

I’ve always been a big boxing fan of both. Plus I love their connection with our city.

But I’ve come across many Brightonians over the years who wished them ill in their fights, disliking them. A few such people appeared on NSC after junior’s first defeat. I guess it’s the same mentality of those who’d love Lewis Hamilton, AJ, etc to lose.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I’ve always been a big boxing fan of both. Plus I love their connection with our city.

But I’ve come across many Brightonians over the years who wished them ill in their fights, disliking them. A few such people appeared on NSC after junior’s first defeat. I guess it’s the same mentality of those who’d love Lewis Hamilton, AJ, etc to lose.

There are loads of Brightonians who will always support him - not least because of the local gyms he trains in - but also find it difficult because of his seemingly relentless commitment to showing off how much he owns and generally appearing to be as obnoxious as possible. Same with Hamilton - it's tricky to genuinely support someone who has actively avoided paying millions in taxes etc etc

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are loads of Brightonians who will always support him - not least because of the local gyms he trains in - but also find it difficult because of his seemingly relentless commitment to showing off how much he owns and generally appearing to be as obnoxious as possible. Same with Hamilton - it's tricky to genuinely support someone who has actively avoided paying millions in taxes etc etc

Jenson Button and Nigel Mansell were tax exiles when F1 racing, but had the unwavering love of the UK sports public.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A great performance by Callum Smith, you could see the hunger from the years spent in the shadows. For a tall, rangy fighter, what power in all his shots including short hooks.

I know he’s hated in these parts, but I thought Eubank improved massively. This time a great defence, patience, slowly taking apart an arrogant opponent who thought he was going to destroy Eubank, with great economy in barely wasting a punch. Eubank reminded me a bit of Don Curry in his golden years. Fantastic concentration, picking the moments.

I wouldn’t say Eubank is hated in these parts, his arse is relentlessly kissed whenever he’s out in Brighton .
I’m not convinced he will ever be a world class fighter - too many weaknesses. I hope I’m wrong.
Callum Smith was superb last night - measured and methodical, and for me, he outclassed a tough and seasoned, if a bit limited , opponent.
I can’t believe I paid £17 for it though . I allow myself to get sucked in every time !

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn’t say Eubank is hated in these parts, his arse is relentlessly kissed whenever he’s out in Brighton .
I’m not convinced he will ever be a world class fighter - too many weaknesses. I hope I’m wrong.
Callum Smith was superb last night - measured and methodical, and for me, he outclassed a tough and seasoned, if a bit limited , opponent.
I can’t believe I paid £17 for it though . I allow myself to get sucked in every time !

Perhaps NSC'ers overall are more appreciative of the Eubank's. Through work and mates, I've known loads of Brightonians who can't stand them.

I almost paid £23 for HD last weekend in AJ's fight (I rarely watch the undercard), but resisted. Catching up later on a youtube video that got briefly past Sky's legal/tech people.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here