Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool away

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The only way BHA can get anything from this is a 4-5-1. Need to stop Andy Robertson and TAA from getting past the half way line, while at the same time using the midfield three to try and stop the LFC midfield.
Truth is if they get past the midfield, not many back fours in the world will stop the front free. I would try and rough Alisson up at set pieces as he’s a bit of an unknown physically and test him with some long shots.
To be honest, I’m after a LFC win, It would be nice to keep it at 2-0......
Liverpool FC have always had a soft spot for us so hopefully we all get a decent day out.

In what way have Liverpoolalways had a soft spot for us? To my mind they are the same as any other team, no better, no worse.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In what way have Liverpoolalways had a soft spot for us? To my mind they are the same as any other team, no better, no worse.

But one of the clubs where (to date), there's been no bad blood with our club or fans?

Plus packed Anfield crowds stayed to applaud winning Albions teams off in the famous 80's matches. That was NOT the done thing in that era.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But one of the clubs where (to date), there's been no bad blood with our club or fans?

Plus packed Anfield crowds stayed to applaud winning Albions teams off in the famous 80's matches. That was NOT the done thing in that era.

Very true! Although it may have helped that we had Jimmy Case and Jimmy Melia two of their own in attendance!

But they were gracious in defeat!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

Because they remember the days when we beat them years ago at Anfield. LFC fans do in fact appreciate the smaller teams winning against them, it is one of the things that makes them a little different. The Kop always applauds the away goalkeeper when he arrives at that end. They remember players such as Mark Lawrenson and Michael Robinson that left BHA and wore the red.
They still talk about the game when Brighton beat them 2-1 and Phil Neal missed a pen, and Phil never missed penalties.
Don’t forget Jimmy Amelia was a red legend, they don’t forget that type of thing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Liverpool, expected team:

Alisson

Arnold - Gomez - Virgil van Dijk - Robertson

Milner - Wijnaldum - Keita

Salah - Firmino - Mane

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Matip, Fabinho, Henderson, Shaqiri, Sturridge

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I’m not going to have an opinion on team selection that I post on here. I expected the worst when I saw yesterdays. Sometimes it is great to be wrong :thumbsup:

Lesson learnt.....for the moment :wink:

same here but some/lots of very good performances.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I too am concerned that he is the designated penalty taker. I know he has scores 2 from 2 but neither have been convincing. There is a few misses just waiting to happen

his record is 7 in 8 .....i would have thought this was above average. His first penalty for us was very good, Sunday's was poor but he really has not looked good this season (yes 2 games). Could be a number of reasons but let's not write him off yet. I think one of the new guys should play to add pace to the front for this away game then get him back for Fulham

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Liverpool, expected team:

Alisson

Arnold - Gomez - Virgil van Dijk - Robertson

Milner - Wijnaldum - Keita

Salah - Firmino - Mane

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Matip, Fabinho, Henderson, Shaqiri, Sturridge

I'm glad Coutinho has gone and Lovren is injured, and Can has gone. Oxlade injured. Does seem so formidable opposition as all that. Don't know if Keita is any good or not? I hope Henderson starts as I would prefer to face him than Abdoulaye Doucouré (Watford).

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just hope we don't embarrass ourselves at Anfield!

Liverpool are not in turmoil like Man U are and will be up for the kill to keep the pressure on Man C.

As good as our performance was on Sunday, I think we will be penned back for most of the match on Saturday and it's about stopping Liverpool scoring, that in itself will be a major victory.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Just hope we don't embarrass ourselves at Anfield!

Liverpool are not in turmoil like Man U are and will be up for the kill to keep the pressure on Man C.

As good as our performance was on Sunday, I think we will be penned back for most of the match on Saturday and it's about stopping Liverpool scoring, that in itself will be a major victory.

I doubt we will press as aggressively as we did at home to Man Utd. That will leave us to exposed. I suspect we’ll revert to last year’s type by being very cautious and holding our shape.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm glad Coutinho has gone and Lovren is injured, and Can has gone. Oxlade injured. Does seem so formidable opposition as all that. Don't know if Keita is any good or not? I hope Henderson starts as I would prefer to face him than Abdoulaye Doucouré (Watford).

Keita was quality against Palace. Guy looks immense.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Keita is just finding his PL feet, but already looks very good.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

Keïta is going to be one of LFC’s greatest ever midfield players. He’s got the tricks of coutinho but tackles like Steve McMahon.
Doesn’t do free kicks as far as I’m aware but his passing is like StevieG.
So, he’s pretty good.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here