Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid drivers

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
If they are going down Hazelgrove Rd from Sussex Rd there is no need to indicate right at the roundabout however, you should indicate right to switch from the left lane (which is for South Rd only) to the right lane.

That could well be what the driver did having looked at the road markings on Google Earth.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This could be the makings of a "your favorite roundabout" thread....what with all these pictures :lol:

Not my favourite in a million years but one BG should certainly avoid crossing!!! :D

2016-08-29 (1).png

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That could well be what the driver did having looked at the road markings on Google Earth.
[MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION] investigation team have solved the case,indeed the driver most probably was in left lane indicating left to go up South Rd-upon seeing BG (change of heart,mistake realised) did the sensible thing and indicated right,before then indicating left up Hazlegrove Rd.....narrowly avoiding the aforementioned [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION].. who had just been shopping at Laura's

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Again, that's exactly what I do but we're in the minority.

I suspect we make allowance,use good mirror work and let the other go if a collision is to occur..

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
At the risk of complicating things, have recently been driving in Spain. This is a worldly-wise Board, fully of cosmopolitan people, so I feel sure many drive on the right when necessary with calm and unflappable equanimity.

In Spain I note that you approach every roundabout in the right hand lane whatever. You may be going left and will indicate as such, but you will be in the right hand lane. I am not sure under what circumstances it is permissible to enter the roundabout in the left hand lane.......maybe only if you are doing a U turn?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People on here have way too much time on their hands, even though I'm on here at midnight..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
At the risk of complicating things, have recently been driving in Spain. This is a worldly-wise Board, fully of cosmopolitan people, so I feel sure many drive on the right when necessary with calm and unflappable equanimity.

In Spain I note that you approach every roundabout in the right hand lane whatever. You may be going left and will indicate as such, but you will be in the right hand lane. I am not sure under what circumstances it is permissible to enter the roundabout in the left hand lane.......maybe only if you are doing a U turn?

Can't say that I've noticed this in Andalucia.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Am I the only one who thinks your stupid for putting your life at risk based on an assumption that a stranger in a killing machine has chosen the right light to show you which way he might be going?

Sent from my iPhone

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Lane discipline once on a roundabout has nearly caused so many collisions. After each turn off, the lane markings move outwards to enable people who entered on an outside lane to get across to the inside when turning right on the roundabout. There is an alarming number of drivers who don't seem to be aware of this, and basically follow the curvature of the roundabout without any attention to road markings, thereby changing lane at high speed with no indicator.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lane discipline once on a roundabout has nearly caused so many collisions. After each turn off, the lane markings move outwards to enable people who entered on an outside lane to get across to the inside when turning right on the roundabout. There is an alarming number of drivers who don't seem to be aware of this, and basically follow the curvature of the roundabout without any attention to road markings, thereby changing lane at high speed with no indicator.
Ashcoombe roundabout for example

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I would say that the vast majority of roundabouts don't have lanes marked on them!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here