Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hosham UKIP public meeting tonight in Horsham at 19:30

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can someone please give me some positive reasons for staying in the EU?

1: Ability to move through Europe without flashing my passport every time I go through a border (I work a lot in the EU).
2: Lowering of phone tariffs
3: Ease of trade
4: No work permits needed for when I'm working in Europe.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
1: Ability to move through Europe without flashing my passport every time I go through a border (I work a lot in the EU).

Hmm, 1. might be great in theory, but not having controls on your borders will not stop convicted Latvian murderers from turning up after being released.

As for ease of trade its not all milk and honey is it? Plenty of countries outside the EU struggle with the red tape and associated nonsense.......

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/07/06/uk-trade-protectionism-eu-idUKTRE7655R920110706

That's not to assume that all the red tape and nonsense works for firms in the EU.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/eri/bulletin/2008-09-3/chen-novy/

The best example you could make for how the a EU "eased trade" would be the introduction of the euro, however it's been an unmitigated disaster, and now those states who adopted the euro are in the process of surrendering their fiscal sovereignty to unelected technocrats............

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/sdn/2013/sdn1309.pdf

Makes perfect sense economically, I'm sure all the member states electorates will cede their independence without any difficulty and there will be no problem at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have the opportunity to make a better life for you and you family by moving to Bulgaria.

Let us know how you get on.

I have moved to Germany. Would you like to know how I have got on? :lolol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Technically you still have to carry you passport to cross EU borders as we don't carry identity cards like our European counterparts.

Also to add the fact that everyone states European Human Rights as a bad thing problem is it's based on English law and put together by a Brit so there would not be much change.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Who was talking to you, shitius per cranium?

what utter pony your vocabulary consists of...nothing less than a bunch of made up dribble only used to convince the likes of yourself and those that are foolish enough to buy in to your false clap trap rhetoric that your somehow worthy of some self recognition & importance. there's not a single c*nt on the planet that talks like you. big and fancy words with no meaning whatsoever attached to them.

any bets your the type who w*nks all day long studying the oxford dictionary..its what sad and lonely c*nts like you do.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

I hope those are not in order of priority?

Number three is VERY important for the UK, the others...?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

1. flashing a passport aint exactly hard
2. lowering phone tariffs..by how much exactly? I phone my cousin in America almost every day and it don't cost me a penny, there are all sorts of different phone deals to be had if you look hard enough.
3. there would be ease of trade without Europe depending on what type of deal you strike up & with whoever wants it bad enough. Australia have already given hints
4. working permits aren't exactly a hassle if you've got the right qualifications at your disposal.

I suggest its more the case that you are worried by Britain leaving the EU that your work would dry up. mate Europe needs us more than we need it, remember we import to them far more than we export. no idiot in there right mind would boycott or cancel trade with Britain.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

How do the swiss and Norwegians do without it? The eu that is.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

I like having controlled borders and work permits. Phone tariffs? Come on, that's clutching at straws.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
what utter pony your vocabulary consists of...nothing less than a bunch of made up dribble only used to convince the likes of yourself and those that are foolish enough to buy in to your false clap trap rhetoric that your somehow worthy of some self recognition & importance. there's not a single c*nt on the planet that talks like you. big and fancy words with no meaning whatsoever attached to them.

any bets your the type who w*nks all day long studying the oxford dictionary..its what sad and lonely c*nts like you do.
I guess you're not the sort of chap that gets wound up easily?
PS...an IQ isn't a line to get specs.
Don't let the voices kid you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I put my faith in the scientists who have spent years, studying, researching and experimenting the climate of this planet. If a substantial body of them, and not ones paid by oil companies to investigate climate change, believe that we are damaging the world then I'm inclined to agree with them. Even if, let's just say, that our contribution to climate change has been grossly overstated, are you happy at the thought we will have used up our natural resources in the relatively near future? Do you not care for what may be waiting for our children and grandchildren down the line? With regards to China and India, hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil your policy is it? Just because they don't give a toss gives us an excuse to follow suit does it? We should be leading by example, especially when we have the resources to do so.

Given that the majority of these immigrants are gainfully employed doing jobs that benefit the UK and it's people, or are paying us money to attend our Universities then I'm happy for immigration to continue. There is so much worry over EU migration and how much power Britain has over that, that people fail to consider 265,000 came from outside the EU, immigration we do have control over. Given that we can quote immigration figures, I think the government has a pretty accurate idea on how many people they can cater for.

This last bit just made me laugh.

I was moved to log on just to give you a thumbs up and to say I totally agree with every word you say on each and every point. Excellent post

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
.....not one for excogitation or particularly perspicacious, are you?

I shall withdraw with equanimity, shooting fishes in barrels is only fun for so long.

Fish, not fishes.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was moved to log on just to give you a thumbs up and to say I totally agree with every word you say on each and every point. Excellent post

Cheers :thumbsup:

I must ask after noting your signature, have you read The Stranger by Albert Camus? An excellent read.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
.....not one for excogitation or particularly perspicacious, are you?

I shall withdraw with equanimity, shooting fishes in barrels is only fun for so long.

Fish, not fishes. Top tip. When you are trying to be clever, don't make yourself look stupid by being illiterate.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I guess you're not the sort of chap that gets wound up easily?
PS...an IQ isn't a line to get specs.
Don't let the voices kid you.

Actually you have made three or four really nasty posts on this thread, insulting posts, with words that you think might impress. I usually try to argue and debate and disagree without lowering myself to your standards, but, if you crawl any further up your own ******** you will be able to clean your own teeth before bedtime.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I went to a comedy gig in Horsham last night featuring two of the chaps from Mock the Week. Funny enough the first thing the host said was "is this a bit of a UKIPy town?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here