Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A second referendum will be blind as to a concluded trade deal, but going by past conversations on here where people didnt know a trade deal comes after we leave, and remainers still moaning now that Liam Fox saying an EU free trade deal after brexit should be "the easiest in history" (when trade talks cant be concluded until after we leave and wont really begin in ernest before we leave) im not sure many remainers realise the process that is going on.

Again, you are making a pretence that no work on the future possible trade deal is happening now. Of course, at the moment we look like remaining in the Customs Union indefinitely, so it will be easy for Liam Fox, in fact it will be so easy we won't need him at all.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Again, you are making a pretence that no work on the future possible trade deal is happening now. Of course, at the moment we look like remaining in the Customs Union indefinitely, so it will be easy for Liam Fox, in fact it will be so easy we won't need him at all.

Not making any claims or pretence at all that NO work is happening now towards a future trade arrangement. Was quite clear that both sides hope to agree a future framework for trade before march 2019, so there is preliminary talks regarding future trade happening now.
Simply pointing out the fact that the nitty gritty of trade talks, above an initial framework, will only commence after we left and a concluded trade deal can only happen after we have left too and are a third country. A few remainers have wrongly thought a concluded trade deal will accompany the withdrawal agreement before we leave, obviously not the case.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If we end up leaving the EU without a deal, im beginning to hope that every Brexit voter pays heavily because of it. The vote was nothing more than emotional nonsense versus a world reality.
Sovereignty back. We never lost it. Even TM has admitted this.
Immigration. Was needed, now English workshy citizens will be offered jobs in fields, to get them off the dole. Good luck with that.
Also amusing that some Brexiteers were telling asian people they were going home. Showing a complete understanding of the vote. Not.
NHS 350 million a week..According the the Brexiteers, everybody knew that wasnt going to happen. Good of you to point that out before the vote.
The blitz spirit? haha Thousands calling the police because KFC ran out of chicken.
Thanks Brexiteers.

And yet my main reasons for voting leave aren't even on your list.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
We all know an agreement wont happen by the end of march 2019 do we? You speak for all remainers and leavers now then on this issue? Bit arrogant of you.
You certainly dont speak for me.

My apologies, you obviously think this will all be wrapped up by end of march 2019. Guess we haven't got long to wait to see who's right.

Or, after 2.5 years, have you decided what you want (Simple question, which box would you tick in 'your' ballot).

Cue another load of deflection and whataboutism :rolleyes:

I must have missed the answer to this in the last 3 pages of whataboutism

So, just in case you missed it, which of the two boxes on your ballot would you pick ?

Or is there another reason that you have spent 2.5 years avoiding the question as to what type of Brexit you want ?

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
And yet my main reasons for voting leave aren't even on your list.

No offence, but not sure that I care really, however for the sake of debate. Do your reasons outweigh the risk of potential economic and political damage to the country for decades? If so, how?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Why didn’t you realise intra-EU travel would change and be different if a leave vote won.
The leave voters knew things would be different if we were out of the EU and freedom of movement ended.
Were you asleep during the referendum process? Are you representative of remain voters in general, did they in general not realise either? How are you only waking up to this now?

Thank you, Pasta. I was referring to the considerable exchanges on this forum (yesterday) which indicated that there was very little agreement on the anticipated differences between air travel pre and post Brexit, that's all. I framed it as just one of - probably thousands - of issues that few of us had really considered - you know, the detailed stuff like food shortages, turning motorways into lorry parks etc. I confess I forgot that I was dealing with an omniscient being like your good self who really 'does know', never admitting to a doubt or even a small patch in the sum of human knowledge about which he knows less than 100%.
My hypothesis is that virtually all changes will render us worse off then 'before', that's all. (You are free and welcome to refute the hypothesis on the basis of evidence...……..This is the difference between intelligent debate and the other sort.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think most do care about the deal. You don't because you lack foresight, hence your vote Leave in the first place.

And also because he’s a I’m-All-Right-Jack pensioner, and his income and livelihood will not be affected. In short, selfish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Raab dashing off to Brussels this afternoon to meet Barnier and try and rush through Chequers

They obviously need us more than we need them. Desperate.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Raab dashing off to Brussels this afternoon to meet Barnier and try and rush through Chequers

Dry your eyes comrade ... I know you are suffering terribly despite the mess the government are in but the extremist left, antisemitic rabble you would rather see in power are still nowhere near a position that any vaguely competent opposition should be ..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

dont you want an arrangement sorted out? apparently german press say deal is finalised, so this is good, we can all move forward. or are you hoping for something else?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
My apologies, you obviously think this will all be wrapped up by end of march 2019. Guess we haven't got long to wait to see who's right.

I must have missed the answer to this in the last 3 pages of whataboutism

So, just in case you missed it, which of the two boxes on your ballot would you pick ?

Or is there another reason that you have spent 2.5 years avoiding the question as to what type of Brexit you want ?

Surely that question can’t be answered until we know the exit deal :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Explain how that works then?

The computerised systems aleady check your passport when you enter a country - they can just check if a visa is required and if so if one is linked to the passport. Exactly like it works for non EU passport holders entering the UK now. It won't take any longer than the passport check does now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
dont you want an arrangement sorted out? apparently german press say deal is finalised, so this is good, we can all move forward. or are you hoping for something else?
I can't help thinking even if we were able to 'all move forward', there'd be 3 still throwing in grenades.

Boris
Nigel
&
Jacob.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why didn’t you realise intra-EU travel would change and be different if a leave vote won.
The leave voters knew things would be different if we were out of the EU and freedom of movement ended.
Were you asleep during the referendum process? Are you representative of remain voters in general, did they in general not realise either? How are you only waking up to this now?

Thank you, Pasta. I was referring to the considerable exchanges on this forum (yesterday) which indicated that there was very little agreement on the anticipated differences between air travel pre and post Brexit, that's all. I framed it as just one of - probably thousands - of issues that few of us had really considered - you know, the detailed stuff like food shortages, turning motorways into lorry parks etc. I confess I forgot that I was dealing with an omniscient being like your good self who really 'does know', never admitting to a doubt or even a small patch in the sum of human knowledge about which he knows less than 100%.
My hypothesis is that virtually all changes will render us worse off then 'before', that's all. (You are free and welcome to refute the hypothesis on the basis of evidence...……..This is the difference between intelligent debate and the other sort.)

Shirley most leavers expected a change in immigration if leave won.

I think you will find all those claiming to be omniscient types are on your side of the fence .. tragically in constant danger of disappearing up their own backsides. Speaking of which .. your hypothesis is either entirely subjective or speculative (fact free) see project fear. Meanwhile the other section of remoaners insist no deal won't and never was going to happen so we will carry on much as before .. so nothing to worry about?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I can't help thinking even if we were able to 'all move forward', there'd be 3 still throwing in grenades.

Boris
Nigel
&
Jacob.

i can think a few others.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here