Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You're the only club who have this chip on your shoulder...no one else gives a rats arse.

After reaching the £4.75m settlement, the Football League said it 'acknowledges that the club (Bournemouth) did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...eague-breaching-FFP-rules-promotion-year.html

Twist it all you like, you know where you seem to think a loan isn't a debt but its there in black and white.
Nothing you've written there is correct.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The whole 'plucky little Bournemouth' thing was crap from start to finish as Maxim Demin was bankrolling big wages from a long way back. Ask Tommy Elphick what sort of pay rise he got going from Championship Brighton to League One Bournemouth.

But, having said that, they're only playing the game by a version of the rules: you can get away with ignoring FFP if you get promoted and stay up, as they and Leicester did, but you take it on the chin if you gamble and lose - as QPR did, then tried to weasel their way out of paying the price. Where would be be now if we hadn't won promotion when we did? Would TB have stepped back a bit from his extreme bankrolling of the wage bill?

Okay, if Bournemouth go down at some time in the future and don't get back before the parachute money runs out, or if Sky and the rest decide they want to pay less for Premier League TV rights, then their small capacity comes into play to a greater extent. But at the moment I don't think it really matters. Although if I were an afcB fan, I'd be slightly annoyed that the present ground isn't full to capacity every week.

The size of their ground is a complete irrelevance. Premier League clubs get paid so much dosh from TV the number of people coming through the gate is only relevant in terms of creating atmosphere. Bournemouth are the classic example of this, compared to other PL clubs their overheads are virtually zero and most of the dosh they get in can go on wages and transfers. Depressing but true.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Every PL game has been sold out since we got promoted from the championship me old mucker...

So this graphic is a lie then. Btw, your capacity is listed as 11360.

Oh dear, it seems that you are mistaken as well.

Screenshot 2018-10-09 at 21.19.06.png

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Every PL game has been sold out since we got promoted from the championship me old mucker...

Of course it has.

Capacity according to Premier League website: 11,329

Attendance v Cardiff this season: 10.353.
Attendance v Everton this season: 10,654
Attendance v Leicester this season: 10,543
Last season's average: 10,640.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Crappy little playground argument going on.
Can't we just give it a rest and accept that both clubs have done very well to reach the Prem and that the fans of each,with all their prejudices, are proud of their clubs!:bigwave:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can't we just give it a rest and accept that both clubs have done very well to reach the Prem and that the fans of each,with all their prejudices, are proud of their clubs!:bigwave:
Agreed. I would also like to see an end to all the pointless gibing at Palace fans on here. We can all agree that Wilf Zaha is a brilliant footballer and constant attempts to undermine his obvious talent are pathetic and just make us look jealous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But, having said that, they're only playing the game by a version of the rules: you can get away with ignoring FFP if you get promoted and stay up, as they and Leicester did, but you take it on the chin if you gamble and lose - as QPR did, then tried to weasel their way out of paying the price. Where would be be now if we hadn't won promotion when we did? Would TB have stepped back a bit from his extreme bankrolling of the wage bill?

BHA's wagebill was the 9th biggest in the Championship the year we were promoted, and the club stayed within FFP. I think the main problem, had we not gone up in 2017, would've been retaining the crown jewels in the likes of Dunk and Stephens for another tilt at promotion. I think that squad would've ended up being broken up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

No but we can agree that AFCB have become a MLV. Placement, Layering, Intergration is the clubs motto.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Agree our clubs success have meant the South Coast of England is now a hotter bed of English football than the likes of the Midlands and Yorkshire, LOL

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed. I would also like to see an end to all the pointless gibing at Palace fans on here. We can all agree that Wilf Zaha is a brilliant footballer and constant attempts to undermine his obvious talent are pathetic and just make us look jealous.

Zaha can sometimes be a brilliant footballer, but is just as capable of going missing, blatantly cheating, and/or having a little grizzle to himself in the corner. Its when the resident Goonsquad come on here and try to proclaim him as one of the three greatest living players on the planet that the binfestry inevitably kicks off.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree our clubs success have meant the South Coast of England is now a hotter bed of English football than the likes of the Midlands and Yorkshire, LOL

Half the Premier League is now in London and the south. The previous extreme in the top division was in, I think, 1989-90 when the geographical half-way line was between Luton and Coventry. But if Preston had beaten West Ham in their play-off final a few seasons ago it would have been between Everton and Liverpool.

Not Nick Szczepanik

Aug 8, 2018
The whole 'plucky little Bournemouth' thing was crap from start to finish as Maxim Demin was bankrolling big wages from a long way back. Ask Tommy Elphick what sort of pay rise he got going from Championship Brighton to League One Bournemouth.

Okay, if Bournemouth go down at some time in the future and don't get back before the parachute money runs out, or if Sky and the rest decide they want to pay less for Premier League TV rights, then their small capacity comes into play to a greater extent. But at the moment I don't think it really matters. Although if I were an afcB fan, I'd be slightly annoyed that the present ground isn't full to capacity every week.

As an allegedly "repected journalist", you really should be more careful about throwing around accusations even if it is from behind what you believe is a veil of anonymity. You just never know whose lawyers might be watching.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Good at cheating. Along with the rest of you.

Its been a decade since your last league win against us I understand....I feel your pain....no really

We are struggling somewhat with Dunk over Steve Cook England call up.... now that's cheating the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here