Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honestly I really can't spoon feed you, although I can say that Westdene wasn't expected to know, a bit like you original jibe to him about PDF's which most didn't know either, so it was factual dig from me to you in equal measure :thumbsup:

I genuinely have no idea what you’re on about. What sports team? I’m a runner? Is this dig at me being injured? I think you’re confusing me with someone else.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As we look to leave the single market, Boris is going back in.
Moggy was bigging him up as the next leader of the party yesterday, no one has been able to get a word from the staunch Catholic today.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes that's right - blame all our problems on The EU and if not blame it on immigrants - it's not austerity or British Government decisions.

Assume whatever you like about my rationale for putting the X where i did,certainly wasnt anything you have so far come out with.
I was perfectly comfortable in deciding whether it was better to be IN or OUT based on the long term interests of the nation, quite a simple choice in the end.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Indeed.

Honestly, I have no idea where 2P is coming from here. Not for the first time, he makes little sense. Is he really arguing that people have been claiming that 'house prices have dropped through the floor' AND that 'people can't afford to buy them'. The two statements seem rather contradictory, and I doubt you'd find anyone claiming both :shrug:

Are you trying to tell me that no remain poster ever quoted Osborne's Project Fear predictions on house prices?

proj fear.png

Or that no remain poster has ever spoken about first-time buyers being priced out of the market?All my illusions shattered,I thought you were a know-all.:shrug:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It takes a lot of doing at the moment, but he is the politician I detest the most, there is not a single good bone in his body.
What the hell are we going to do if he makes it to PM.

Perhaps he wont be if it went down to a two horse race to the members.......2 months old poll........but still

Dh0PdjOXcAARsr2.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Honestly I really can't spoon feed you, although I can say that Westdene wasn't expected to know, a bit like you original jibe to him about PDF's which most didn't know either, so it was factual dig from me to you in equal measure :thumbsup:

But I understood the PDF jibe ..... not yours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure JRM said things would be better in 45 years.

In the meantime we have the comfort of Andrea Leadsom's jam and biscuit export lead Brexit

JRM has written to Lord Adonis telling him, he wants all the Europeans in the UK to have their rights taken away, despite all the Brexiteers on here telling me my Dutch, and French friends won't be affected by it. They are both married to British men.

[tweet]1038000149874843649[/tweet]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you trying to tell me that no remain poster ever quoted Osborne's Project Fear predictions on house prices?

View attachment 100410

Or that no remain poster has ever spoken about first-time buyers being priced out of the market?All my illusions shattered,I thought you were a know-all.:shrug:

Pathetic swerve. You were suggesting that there were people who were stating both. Which would be rather different, and frankly, a bit stupid.

FWIW, I personally can’t see logic in a Brexit instigated house price crash. A worst-case exit, involves a huge labour shortage in the building industry, and problems and delays with materials, neither of which will do much to ease the primary cause of inflated property prices - the inherent shortfall in housing stock.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
JRM has written to Lord Adonis telling him, he wants all the Europeans in the UK to have their rights taken away, despite all the Brexiteers on here telling me my Dutch, and French friends won't be affected by it. They are both married to British men.

Tweet with a link to the Metro...............Once again it appears that a desperate remainer sub-editor has whacked on a Project Fear headline which is at odds with the actual content. Quelle surprise!

Headline: Rees-Mogg: EU nationals will have no right to stay. That's a whole lot different to what was actually said...............

Factual bit: JACOB REES-MOGG claims European Union citizens living in Britain will have no more rights after Brexit than those from other countries..

No more rights. Not just plain no rights (at all). I haven't noticed us deporting mass numbers of Australians, Americans, Indians, Pakistanis, South Africans or middle eastern people (just to give a few examples) living here - living, working, paying taxes, marrying, bringing up families. No, and neither have you. These scare stories that are upsetting perfectly nice EU citizens living and working here and making them feel that they're not welcome here and will be kicked out all seem to be started by rermainers - the linked Tweet clearly shows that.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Once again it appears that a desperate remainer sub-editor has whacked on a Project Fear headline which is at odds with the actual content. Quelle surprise!

Rees-Mogg: EU nationals will have no right to stay

Talks resume: Michel Barnier and Dominic Raab (both left) in Brussels PIC: GETTY
Photo of Dominic Yeatman by Dominic Yeatman Published September 6, 2018

JACOB REES-MOGG claims European Union citizens living in Britain will have no more rights after Brexit than those from other countries.

T

Talks resume: Michel Barnier and Dominic Raab (both left) in Brussels PIC: GETTY

JACOB REES-MOGG claims European Union citizens living in Britain will have no more rights after Brexit than those from other countries.

T

Headline: Rees-Mogg: EU nationals will have no right to stay. That's a whole lot different to what was actually said...............

Factual bit: JACOB REES-MOGG claims European Union citizens living in Britain will have no more rights after Brexit than those from other countries..

No more rights. Not just plain no rights (at all). I haven't noticed us deporting mass numbers of Australians, Americans, Indian, Pakistani, South African or middle eastern people (just to give a few examples) living here - living, working, paying taxes, marrying, bringing up families. No, and neither have you. These scare stories that are upsetting perfectly nice EU citizens living and working here and making them feel that they're not welcome here and will be kicked out all seem to be started by rermainers - the linked Tweet clearly shows that.

Are. You. ****ing. Joking?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are. You. ****ing. Joking?
Problem with cutting and pasting from Twitter - huge spaces inserted so that I didn't realise the cut and paste had worked. Text now tidied up, and no, I'm not joking, merely stating facts which you may or may not agree with. So far, AFAIK, only remainer has come on here and honestly admitted that Project Fear was part of the Remain campaign, and it wasn't you!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

[tweet]1038000149874843649[/tweet]

Jesus wept
Is there no end to your twitter tomfoolery.
That headline is thoroughly misleading and so are you.

Adonis asked Mogg a question via open letter

"On free movement of people, is it your position that there would be no preferential treatment for EU migrants after Brexit, but just one legal regime applying equally to all immigrants?"
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...b-rees-mogg-what-is-no-deal-exactly-zqg3gh6r7

Mogg replied via letter

"I do not believe there should be any special terms for EU migrants. Once we have left the EU there will be no legal basis to treat them differently from migrants from non –EU countries."
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/fc5611_cb15b5bc1cd34cd0af41deae5e4e330e.pdf

Clearly referring to after we have left.
No mention of no right to stay no mention of all those already here having rights taken away.
You are not much of a mate to your dutch and french friends.......have you already called them to scare them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here