Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Watched the press conference Q&A with Bernier and Raab yesterday. (I don't mean they were with me when I watched it; I was watching them.) I thought Raab looked rather shifty. Bernier looked scary. In short it comes across as a mis-match. Our boy needs to get himself some serious steroid action.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I voted to leave the EU Dave. Why can't you understand that. Lock,stock and barrel. Complete break. That's what I voted for..

I understand that. It is your right. What makes you think I dont understand that?? However, as you know, that is not the question ive been asking you and you are continuing to try and avoid. The question I have asked you is simple. If we leave the EU without a deal, as you have voted for, what happens to our country the day after we leave?

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I await your proof.

I think the 80% thing has been mentioned by Barnier.

However, what they are struggling to comprehend is that the first 80% is relatively easy. If it has taking us 17 months to get to 80%, the remaining 20% will probably take more like 68 months, or five and a half years; trouble is we have 7 months to get it sorted :lolol:

We would have wanted the first 80% sorted after 5 months, May thought it would be a good idea to have a GE in that time though. :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Watched the press conference Q&A with Bernier and Raab yesterday. (I don't mean they were with me when I watched it; I was watching them.) I thought Raab looked rather shifty. Bernier looked scary. In short it comes across as a mis-match. Our boy needs to get himself some serious steroid action.

Men and boys.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://youtu.be/YZfuw4W33O8
Enough said Watford. Nothing else to say. Nigel is spot on as always. Stop asking your cretinous questions. Leave means leave. What we voted for.

Jesus wept for us all! You’re still thinking Farage has answers! How about what he said about if it was a 52/48 split in favour of remain he’d be seeking another referendum? No. Probably best forgotten eh. Ya daft lump.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You've got a fair number of questions to choose from

What do you think we should do about the US, New Zealand and Brazil turning down our WTO quota requests already ?

And what proportion of the WTO do you think will find issues with our submission over the next 90 days ?

When do you think we should start building the border and customs posts in Northern Ireland ?

And how much lead time will we need to build the lorry parks at Dover and the other ports ?

When should we start on the requirements analysis to start building the IT systems to run the new WTO rules and Tariffs ?

How many extra customs and administrative staff do you think we will need and when should we start recruiting and training them ?

Any views on any one of them ?

Enough said Watford. Nothing else to say. Nigel is spot on as always. Stop asking your cretinous questions. Leave means leave. What we voted for.

They're pathetic..:lolol:

Who's prompting you? Your 'mate'.?:rolleyes:

I voted to leave the EU Dave. Why can't you understand that. Lock,stock and barrel. Complete break. That's what I voted for..

Well I hope you're a bit more engaging at work and use your ability to understand and find solutions to issues, together with your debating skills and your ability to get right to the point without reverting to insults. Because, personally, I've found that's the way to get on at work.

Otherwise you could end up looking like one of these people who spend all their time whining about others who have out performed and outworked them at every point and are now doing better than them. One of those people who despite having been given every educational opportunity, failed to take responsibility for their own careers and now moans that other people, often from a basis of far less opportunity are somehow taking what is 'rightfully' theirs.

I could tell you a few things about those foreign workers.
You see I'm what you call in the front line. I'm in construction and these SO CALLED skilled workers are far from that. As for hard working don't make me laugh. On a site where I am they start after us,are forever having fag breaks and rarely still at work after3pm. A whole hour and half before we leave. Baring in mind we start at 7.30am.
I'm sorry 52% is the will of the people. Do the maths.

Oh....

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Jesus wept for us all! You’re still thinking Farage has answers! How about what he said about if it was a 52/48 split in favour of remain he’d be seeking another referendum? No. Probably best forgotten eh. Ya daft lump.

Farage is telling the truth and that's all that matters to me and many others out there.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Farage is telling the truth and that's all that matters to me and many others out there.

Yeah sure. He also said that if the vote was in reverse, he would fight for a 2nd referendum. Glad you agree. Anyway, what happens to the country if we leave the EU with no deal?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You are sort of right when you interpret my perspective on this. But I really would be fascinated by a parallel narrative of how Leavers would see these negotiations going under a purely Leave regime (and who else would there be other than the characters I nominated?).

I really do think that Leavers framed this whole business far too simplistically - they certainly sold it scandalously simplistically to the public (that can't be denied - ''the easiest in history" etc!). I think (and this is being sympathetic) they are simply out of their depth trying to dal with/process the sheer magnitude and complexity of the whole issue. The practical ramifications were never thought-through fully and there was a kind of gung-ho patriotism that kicked in that distorted the thinking. This was brilliant in the campaigning sense (partly because it allowed Leavers to imply that Remainers were somehow unpatriotic) but was never a stable platform for the subsequent process. May parachuted herself into the centre of this mess which is still fundamentally an argument within the Tory party.

But to state that somehow Remainers have subverted the process just continue to peddle a simplistic view. Hence I wondered: what would the outcome be if there were different hands on the steering wheel. I think disaster - not just because I dislike them (although of course I do) but because of the way they frame the issues and the nature of the process. In short - we just have not got the cards to play.

'out of their depth', 'sold it scandalously simplistically', 'sheer magnitude and complexity', 'distorted the thinking', is it any wonder that you are totally exasperated at anything that Brexiteers might think reasonably attainable ?

Again I think you have muddied the waters with such a genuine dislike of the politicians that helped ease through the referendum result, a result you find nearly impossible to accept and in doing so you can hardly see any outcome other than complete disaster, a disaster by the way you told us would have happened by now, yet hasn't, some sense of perspective might serve you better, you underestimating the standing of the UK, economically, politically and historically doesn't necessarily mean that those of us that see it more positively are somehow 'gung ho patriots'.

You have this odd perception that the poor old Leave voters were somehow duped, how else could they possibly not vote the same as you, it's all a little bit predictable, remember the link you posted showing 5% of UKIP voters that supposedly voted Remain and how you laughed, whilst not noticing that the same link and graph also showed 30%+ Lib Dem voted to Leave.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'out of their depth', 'sold it scandalously simplistically', 'sheer magnitude and complexity', 'distorted the thinking', is it any wonder that you are totally exasperated at anything that Brexiteers might think reasonably attainable ?

Again I think you have muddied the waters with such a genuine dislike of the politicians that helped ease through the referendum result, a result you find nearly impossible to accept and in doing so you can hardly see any outcome other than complete disaster, a disaster by the way you told us would have happened by now, yet hasn't, some sense of perspective might serve you better, you underestimating the standing of the UK, economically, politically and historically doesn't necessarily mean that those of us that see it more positively are somehow 'gung ho patriots'.

You have this odd perception that the poor old Leave voters were somehow duped, how else could they possibly not vote the same as you, it's all a little bit predictable, remember the link you posted showing 5% of UKIP voters that supposedly voted Remain and how you laughed, whilst not noticing that the same link and graph also showed 30%+ Lib Dem voted to Leave.

So, what happens if we leave the EU without a deal?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So which are you backing. TM's deal or 'No deal' ?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Well I hope you're a bit more engaging at work and use your ability to understand and find solutions to issues, together with your debating skills and your ability to get right to the point without reverting to insults. Because, personally, I've found that's the way to get on at work.

Otherwise you could end up looking like one of these people who spend all their time whining about others who have out performed and outworked them at every point and are now doing better than them. One of those people who despite having been given every educational opportunity, failed to take responsibility for their own careers and now moans that other people, often from a basis of far less opportunity are somehow taking what is 'rightfully' theirs.

Oh....

Stupid man.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I understand that. It is your right. What makes you think I dont understand that?? However, as you know, that is not the question ive been asking you and you are continuing to try and avoid. The question I have asked you is simple. If we leave the EU without a deal, as you have voted for, what happens to our country the day after we leave?

I'd stop worrying Dave. Do you honestly think the EU will walk away and leave all those billions on the table?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
We will become a confident, globally trading dynamic business hub, including agreeing a mutually beneficial trading relationship with the EU just like most other countries, so what do you think ?

When?

Im sure you realise that the day after, we lose ALL the trade deals we currently have with the EU, and 60 other countries. So, what is the timescale for this 'globally trading business hub' where we will be worse off than we currently are etc? 5 years? 10 years? What does the country do until new trade deals are formulated?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'd stop worrying Dave. Do you honestly think the EU will walk away and leave all those billions on the table?

Yes I do.

What 'billions' are you referring to exactly?

If you are unable to answer about what happens if we leave with no deal, then, just say. Im sorry. I do not know the answer of what happens to the country because of people like me voting to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here