Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The leave vote didn't create this, the potential remain MP's in 2016 did. If there is a chance you won't like the result don't offer it in the 1st place. Why do you think successive government previously skirted the issue. So no the leavers have no responsibility for the current mess. You need to turn your misguided ire against Cameron and his laccy's who couldn't scarper quick enough once the result was known.
They should have had plans in place incase of the Out result but didn't due to their aloofness
Nailed it! Even managed to bring out an even more desperate response than usual!
Cameron's response, in running away from the result of his actions, was despicable.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nailed it! Even managed to bring out an even more desperate response than usual!
Cameron's response, in running away from the result of his actions, was despicable.

The only thing that pigf*cker got right after 2015 was working out that as a Remainer he couldn't lead a government to Brexit. Which then makes the choice of Theresa May all the more bizarre. Had the Tories elected a Brexiteer in 2016 we wouldn't have had two years of fudge.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The only thing that pigf*cker got right after 2015 was working out that as a Remainer he couldn't lead a government to Brexit. Which then makes the choice of Theresa May all the more bizarre. Had the Tories elected a Brexiteer in 2016 we wouldn't have had two years of fudge.

Not sure about that - never was a fan of Theresa May, who was a lousy and ineffective Home Secretary, but I honestly think she's done/is doing her best. It's all the arse-holes, from Gina Miller to the House of Lords, most MPs and Whitehall chiefs, who have fought tooth and nail to make sure she had to do everything with her hands tied behind her back, and hindered progress at every step of the way that are to blame for making Brexit ten times more difficult than it really was, just to satisfy their own ends. Not the country's..
And even though she was a remainer, I still think I prefer TM as PM to Boris or Rees Mogg.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not sure about that - never was a fan of Theresa May, who was a lousy and ineffective Home Secretary, but I honestly think she's done/is doing her best. It's all the arse-holes, from Gina Miller to the House of Lords, most MPs and Whitehall chiefs, who have fought tooth and nail to make sure she had to do everything with her hands tied behind her back, and hindered progress at every step of the way that are to blame for making Brexit ten times more difficult than it really was, just to satisfy their own ends. Not the country's..
And even though she was a remainer, I still think I prefer TM as PM to Boris or Rees Mogg.

Gina Miller was only making sure we followed Uk law and the correct process, as team Brexit isn’t this what you voted for?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

You and I disagree on that. If Johnson had got the PM gig and loaded his Cabinet with Brexiteers then we wouldn't have had 2 years of Cabinet paralysis that has been caused directly by May choosing her Cabinet equally from both sides. She has caused this paralysis and it's happened mainly because she herself doesn't believe leaving the EU is the right thing to do. Gina Miller, Corbyn, Soubry, Farage etc are bit part players in this sorry saga.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You and I disagree on that. If Johnson had got the PM gig and loaded his Cabinet with Brexiteers then we wouldn't have had 2 years of Cabinet paralysis that has been caused directly by May choosing her Cabinet equally from both sides. She has caused this paralysis and it's happened mainly because she herself doesn't believe leaving the EU is the right thing to do. Gina Miller, Corbyn, Soubry, Farage etc are bit part players in this sorry saga.

I think you and [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] are both right in identifying some of the reasons why we are where we are. Asking Brexiteers to 100% own this mess is juvenile drivel when they have not been in charge. Asking people to deliver something they don't really believe in constantly trying to face both ways and viewing it as damage limitation rather than an opportunity leads to where we are today.

Tory poll numbers plummeting now with a big jump in UKIP support. Should concentrate a few Tory backbenchers minds.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ection?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A Johnson (or Rees Mogg or Davis or whoever) lead cabinet would have lost every vote in the commons, with remainer tories joining with Labour, SNP, the Greens and the Lib Dems. The anti-Brexit factions in the establishment would have simply voted down everything - that is why May has had to tread a tight-rope and take a softer line, just to keep enough MPs on board to make a little progress. I'm not happy about that, but that's the real-politik of it.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Idiotic comment. Anyone (remainer, leaver or neutral) reading this thread objectively would see that the ones who 'know' everything that's going to happen are the remainers (aka remoaners), constantly predicting doom and gloom and the downfall of our country.
Their fellow travellers in Westminster (a huge majority of MPs, Lords and commons) and Whitehall (civil service manadarins) are hell-bent on helping them achieve their wishes, to sabotage Brexit and try to make the moaning a self-fulfilling prophecy..

If you believe that load of old huffpuff you're even more deluded than I thought.

Maybe you are right, maybe after Cameron did a runner we should have all put aside our beliefs and got behind an ideal we didn't want, have no desire for now and positively believe will do great harm to the country, plaster on a fake grin and let May and her flying monkeys do it exactly how they wanted. I'm sure that would have been great.

Democracy doesn't begin and end with a referendum, pal. Democracy allows for people to express and act on their ideals and protects our right to not agree with ideals we are fundamentally opposed to.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh my god thickness doesn't even describe you maybe dense is more appropiate. Who allowed the vote ???? Hmmmm. If he wasn't so cocksure probably like you this scenario would never have happened.
The stupid ones were the remain camp within the government at the time who went ahead with it in the 1st place.
Ever since it has been attempts to belittle the Yes voters for doing something none ever believed they would have the chance to.

Come on then who's fault is it that we have ended up where we are ????

Well you're even more of a dafty for playing their game then aren't you!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think you and [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] are both right in identifying some of the reasons why we are where we are. Asking Brexiteers to 100% own this mess is juvenile drivel when they have not been in charge. Asking people to deliver something they don't really believe in constantly trying to face both ways and viewing it as damage limitation rather than an opportunity leads to where we are today.

Tory poll numbers plummeting now with a big jump in UKIP support. Should concentrate a few Tory backbenchers minds.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ection?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Given the Parliamentary numbers, how would you envisage the sort of approach demanded by the ERG being, as you say, delivered?

larus

Given the Parliamentary numbers, how would you envisage the sort of approach demanded by the ERG being, as you say, delivered?

The issue you remainers should take on board now is that all of the legislation to leave the EU has been passed. If nothing else gets passed in parliament, then we drop out of the EU in March next year.

That’s right. Remainers now need to get something through parliament to stop a hard-brexit/no deal.

The power is now with the Brexiteers, and, as more Tory MPs feel the heat from their constituents who voted leave, they will see that it’s not in their interest to support May and her plans any longer. There may be or be the numbers to remove her, but there are the numbers to thwart her.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Oh FFS! What's the ERG up to now? - it used to be a perfectly normally measurement (as in ergonomics) of how comfortable a chair was......................

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The issue you remainers should take on board now is that all of the legislation to leave the EU has been passed. If nothing else gets passed in parliament, then we drop out of the EU in March next year.

That’s right. Remainers now need to get something through parliament to stop a hard-brexit/no deal.

The power is now with the Brexiteers, and, as more Tory MPs feel the heat from their constituents who voted leave, they will see that it’s not in their interest to support May and her plans any longer. There may be or be the numbers to remove her, but there are the numbers to thwart her.

Mouth frothing. "That's right" (ooh look at me). "There may be or be" (what?)

What a pompous, idiotic prat. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Could you point out where anything relating to Borders, Payments, Trade etc were 'crystal clear' on the attached

View attachment 98659

Or are you mixing up 'I imagined' with 'It was crystal clear' again :facepalm:

This whole farce is rapidly descending into an episode of Father Ted

Ah, finally, it's become obvious why you have such a black and white view on this. You've made your decision purely on the fews words printed on the ballot paper. I assume you do the same at a GE - i.e. ignore any alternative sources of information about policies and promices and instead vote just based on the ballot wording.

I'm afraid you've just dropped two divisions - one due to relegation and the other because you've fallen into administration.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here