Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The season’s turning point

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Lets not overdo it. Loads of wins= 5 wins from 15 games. But yes it has been a depressing day and probably the worst so far this season.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Kayal should start instead of Propper who never controls midfield.

Knocky needs a rest as is rushed and tense.

Bruno, love him, is simply too slow.

We should have had a £30m striker on crazy wages ready for January 1st.

Todays performance shows we are looking down the barrel of a gun. This was a massive game and team selection and sleepyness has put us in a very bad position.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
How have we gone from 8th and looking comfortable to relegation in fodder in such a short space of time. No striker of any consequence, sorry Murray is over the hill and Hemed words fail me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Lets not overdo it. Loads of wins= 5 wins from 15 games. But yes it has been a depressing day and probably the worst so far this season.

Losing away isn’t the worst. Anyone thinking we were guarenteed to win today is either arrogant or stupid. A team that survives on scoring from set pieces against a team with a reputation of conceding from them.

Everton at home, Stoke at home. Both more infuriating and disappointing for me. Especially Everton actually.

But you’re right 5 or 6 more wins will do it. Not easy though.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Todays performance shows we are looking down the barrel of a gun. This was a massive game and team selection and sleepyness has put us in a very bad position.

But we don’t create anything for a 30m striker, needs a rethink on the way we setup

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Awful WBA and Pardew, who couldn’t buy a win, played into form. Predictable really, after cocky posts.

Puts huge pressure on a stuttering Albion to some how get a load of wins in the remaining games.

Too many home draws are going to bite us on the arse! :shootself

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Losing away isn’t the worst. Anyone thinking we were guarenteed to win today is either arrogant or stupid. A team that survives on scoring from set pieces against a team with a reputation of conceding from them.

Everton at home, Stoke at home. Both more infuriating and disappointing for me. Especially Everton actually.

More likely 5 or 6 more points.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

To be fair, failing to put away teams at home will be our downfall. But of course if anyone expresses that sort of opinion they are bedwetting according to some on here.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

West Brom have not won a game since AUGUST!!! We haven’t looked anywhere near good enough against the worst team in the league up to today.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You're right, losing away isn't the worst.
But when we are making silly mistakes, which might cost us PL survival, something has to change.
All this fannying about in the last transfer window, could've cost us, but as the latest one is open, TB & PB have to make sure CH has the best opportunity to keep us up.
We've a fabulous stadium, training academy and support, which will always be there.
But all that has to stay in the PL.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t believe that after 34 years, TB will allow it all to be thrown away, by having a weak and slow squad.

Palace, West Ham etc aren’t ascending due to genius managers. It’s simply by investing heavily in quality players. Failure to do that in the PL is an almost sure fire route to the Championship.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Goldson, Hunemeier, Kayal, Baldock, & Hemed. Start all of them, there are too many players who are too comfortable getting an almost automatic pick. 4-4-1-1 against teams that we ‘could’ get points from isn’t good enough in my opinion

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We're shockingly bad away and don't win at home. With our run in we effectively need to be safe by end of March. Constant negative CH tactics and p;aying to draw has slowly infested the mentality of the whole team. We can never get enough points like that if we constantly concede corners. Why on earth was a striker not ready to come in at the start of the window? I'm afraid we are down ladies and gentlemen.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
4-4-1-1 against teams that we ‘could’ get points from isn’t good enough in my opinion

THIS. We had all our joy last season playing 442 and yet we've not played it once all season regardless of the opposition quality. We play with fear and set up for every game with a negative attitude. CH maybe just isnt good enough at this level. Wagner is getting far more from a worse team because they have a positive attitude and approach.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I can’t believe that after 34 years, TB will allow it all to be thrown away, by having a weak and slow squad.

Palace, West Ham etc aren’t ascending due to genius managers. It’s simply by investing heavily in quality players. Failure to do that in the PL is an almost sure fire route to the Championship.
That's the first time I've seen the problem, CH is bloody terrific but please TB give him a little more ammo. WBA and Udddersfield away showed we are so short. TB, I've every faith in you but have the feeling that this is the pivotal season.... go outside your normal box.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
With the well documented shortcomings of our squad the very least we should be doing well is defending and attacking at set pieces. Alas our coaching staff appear to be clueless on both counts. Our attacking strategy seems to be to lump the ball into the mix and hope that Duffy somehow makes contact and our defensive tactic seems to be to hope that er........Duffy somehow makes contact.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here