Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Tottenham Hotspur.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Based on exhaustive research on this message board I would start with
Bruno - untouchable legend
Dunk - local boy done good
Duffy - (so long as no “google-me” moments before Saturday)
Montoya - only because not been with us long enough to be lambasted
Balogun - done well on limited opportunities
AJ - see Montoya plus nice smile

This gives us a 0-5-1-0 formation which with Spurs’ current form should be enough for a 1-0 win.

The rest:
Ryan - too short obvs
Bong - irrational dislike means cannot be selected. Prone to looking a bit awkward irrespective of defensive skills or stats
Pröpper - one bad half in 40 games means get rid to Scottish first division club
Stephens - see Bong. Also we are proven to win easily without him. Doesn’t score enough
March - needs at least a season long loan in the Championship
Knockaert - petulant. Championship at best
Murray - once didn’t shake the hand of every away fan, tainted in Croydon and was shy when younger coming across as aloof
Locadia - trod on a ball once so deserves ridicule amongst this audience of sporting excellence
Andone - sick note don’t even bother
Izzy - awol
Kayal - always auto-corrects to Kayak so should be omitted for that reason alone
Gross - too slow
Everyone else - too obsolete to be good enough to diss
Hughton - too boring - especially away from home

Apologies if I have misrepresented group opinion or chosen someone who has been slated on a thread I haven’t read.

Crikey, we do sound a bit like that sometimes don't we? Lets get behind the team that is selected by "he who sees them everyday in training and has a clue what he's doing". UTA and Hughton.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Why is there concern about Gross and possibly being out for a month? Didnt CH say he was very near to playjng againt Southampton?

Hi BG. Hughton has not said or even speculated that Gross is out for a month. He said instead.
"It’s certainly nothing that is going to be longer term.
“We’ll look at what progress he makes over the next week but certainly it’s not one that is going to keep him out for a number of games.”

PS: Hughton has described accurately so far this season the projected returns after knocks/strains/ops of Duffy, Dunk, Murray, Ben White, Bruno and once issue confirmed; Andone and Izquierdo.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lloris still not back in training and alli has resumed training now.

If vorm is playing the instructions should be clear, shoot from absolutely anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hi BG. Hughton has not said or even speculated that Gross is out for a month. He said instead.
"It’s certainly nothing that is going to be longer term.
“We’ll look at what progress he makes over the next week but certainly it’s not one that is going to keep him out for a number of games.”

PS: Hughton has described accurately so far this season the projected returns after knocks/strains/ops of Duffy, Dunk, Murray, Ben White, Bruno and once issue confirmed; Andone and Izquierdo.

Sorry it was me misreading your post.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan

Montoya Duffy Dunk Bong

Knockaert Stephens Bissouma Propper Jahanbakhsh

Murray

Subs: Button, Bruno, Balogun, Kayal, March, Andone, Locadia

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think Ali J may get a start, but think Bong will keep his place as much as I would like Bernado in the side, I cant see us changing both on the left side.
Ali J will need a more defensive minded full back behind him until he is totally up to speed.

Ali J for March would be my only change.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Ryan

montoya. Bong

duffy. Dunk. Bissouma

knockaert. Gross. Murray. Andone. Jahanbakhsh

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
I think Ali J may get a start, but think Bong will keep his place as much as I would like Bernado in the side, I cant see us changing both on the left side.
Ali J will need a more defensive minded full back behind him until he is totally up to speed.

Ali J for March would be my only change.

He's no stranger to defensive duties. For the World Cup, Iran played a very very defensive, pressing and counter-attacking style and he did an excellent job for us down the right. Does he produce more when given the freedom? Of course, as would any winger. BUT, I would be shocked if Montoya/Bong were left isolated in front of spurs attackers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Goals

Dutch football:

Jürgen Locadia A 127 G 45 35%
Alireza Jahanbakhsh A 140 G 51 36%
Davy Pröpper 17%

Belgium football

Jose Izquierdo 40%, EPL 16%

Spanish 1 & 2

Florin Andone 36%

EPL & Championship for Brighton

Glenn Murray 52%, EPL 40%
Anthony Knockaert 23%, Belgium 25%, EPL 9%
Solly March 7%
Pascal Groß 19%

Murray and Groß % upped by penalties

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan;
Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bong;
Knockaert, Stephens, Bissouma, Propper, Ali J;
Murray.

Ryan

Montoya Duffy Dunk Bong

Knockaert Stephens Bissouma Propper Jahanbakhsh

Murray

Subs: Button, Bruno, Balogun, Kayal, March, Andone, Locadia

If Gross is fully fit, then I think he'll start and he should start. Would like to see Jahanbakhsh given a start though, although tough on March who has been good at home especially.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Ryan

montoya. Bong

duffy. Dunk. Bissouma

knockaert. Gross. Murray. Andone. Jahanbakhsh
Agree., take Stephens out and reduce the number of clumsy free kicks in dangerous positions and improve the central midfields ability to attack.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sorry if I’ve missed it somewhere, when is Izquierdo due back? I see he’s been training.

See [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION]'s injury tracker. It's very informative. Izquierdo has been back in training for about a week, but I'd doubt he'll be back in the team for a week or so, and probably unlikely he'll make the bench. More likely back to knock in the winner at the Etihad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here