Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was Watford a six pointer?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seems ridiculous this early, but looking at our next six games, is Fulham at home already a must win?

Otherwise we could be bottom three after seven games, and the Hughton out brigade will be about in large numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be a Nobby. :) For all we know Watford COULD end up top 10*.

*Probably won't though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It isn't panic setting in. It is a realisation that we are not as good as many of you thought we are.
Spot on. One game in and panic is setting in.

Remember last year when a certain club up the road lost their first seven games, but survived?
Obviously, before anyone jumps on this post, I don't want us to lose all our games in August, but let's keep a sense of perspective.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Better we lose 2-0 away and win 1-0 at home than two 1-1 draws. I hope Watford understand why we were so generous.

I am one who before the game who thought that there was no reason why injury hit Watford would do any worse this season than last.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It does seem to happen frequently, a newly promoted side doing considerably better than expected. I guess that could even be applied to us last season.

Agree that there is no such thing as a six pointer. We'll beat some relegation rivals - and lose against others. Some we'll do both. Every game is a 3 pointer.

I didn't realise that Watford were newly promoted?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nah Watford are a midtable team. Looked really good and I disagree with an earlier poster.... they have a strong squad (except maybe defence). They had four of their best players out yesterday.

With their injured players returning to fitness, I always expected Watford do better this year. But we got outplayed by their second string midfield.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spot on. One game in and panic is setting in.

Remember last year when a certain club up the road lost their first seven games, but survived?
Obviously, before anyone jumps on this post, I don't want us to lose all our games in August, but let's keep a sense of perspective.

Palace have proven Premier League players and Zaha, we don’t currently have a game changer, so if we lose the first seven without a point or a goal I seriously doubt we’d recover. Agreed it’s only one game but that performance was so bad that alarm bells are already tickling for me.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No as Watford won't be going down.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Palace have proven Premier League players and Zaha, we don’t currently have a game changer, so if we lose the first seven without a point or a goal I seriously doubt we’d recover. Agreed it’s only one game but that performance was so bad that alarm bells are already tickling for me.

We don't know if we have game changers yet. AJ or Montoya can be game changers as can Bissouma.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We got six points from arsenal and man united at home last season so who knows where we will and won’t get points this time around

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Palace have proven Premier League players and Zaha, we don’t currently have a game changer, so if we lose the first seven without a point or a goal I seriously doubt we’d recover. Agreed it’s only one game but that performance was so bad that alarm bells are already tickling

I think that Bissouma can be a game changer.
But he needs to play. How he gets fitted in by CH could be the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We don't know if we have game changers yet. AJ or Montoya can be game changers as can Bissouma.

True but they need to start, even if not match fit they’d struggle to be as ineffective as most of our players yesterday. I hope CH will start taking a few risks in the next two games. We are likely to lose them both anyway

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Was it a one pointer or a zero pointer on the Relegation Tracker thing...?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here