Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charlton playing for England at the Amex

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Well done Tommy. Thoroughly recommend walking football to anyone of "a certain age" that wants to feel like a school-kid again.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That apple didn't fall far from the tree. I wonder if there are any other families where three brothers have all represented their country at football?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Well done Tommy. Thoroughly recommend walking football to anyone of "a certain age" that wants to feel like a school-kid again.

Just back from our 'Walking FootballClub' session in SW France.

Competitive morning and beers at the local hostelry in the sun.

Great fun....various tournaments entered....age range from 50 to 81 years old. If you want to re-visit that feeling of belonging to a club again....just do it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Lee, Ryan and Kyle Cascario for Gibraltar

Is that a case of Gibraltar being so small that anyone half decent at football gets to play? (Bit like me in the school team, if there had been 12 boys I wouldn't have been on the pitch!)

kjgood

Tommy Charlton, the third Charlton brother, walking football on Sunday at the Amex:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-44074012

LOL I have a trial for the Welsh National Over 60s Squad on June 9th, I'm english but have qualified through having over 10 years residency, apparently I am now officially classed as Wenglish. Its a great way to get the blood flowing through your veins again recommend trying the sport and its not as easy as you may think BTW.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Thanks

Is that a case of Gibraltar being so small that anyone half decent at football gets to play? (Bit like me in the school team, if there had been 12 boys I wouldn't have been on the pitch!)

Nonetheless, it fulfils the criteria I asked for.

LOL I have a trial for the Welsh National Over 60s Squad on June 9th, I'm english but have qualified through having over 10 years residency, apparently I am now officially classed as Wenglish. Its a great way to get the blood flowing through your veins again recommend trying the sport and its not as easy as you may think BTW.

All the best.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just sat her lots of jovging

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Yeah. The population of Gibraltar is say 30, about the same as a home game. Half that and that' probably 15000 blokes. Therefore picking our best 11 out of the crowd would likely beat them and get selected

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Walking football is great fun if enough people turn up for two teams!Well done to Mr. Charlton,sounded just like Jack on the news.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That apple didn't fall far from the tree. I wonder if there are any other families where three brothers have all represented their country at football?

With an Albion connection - Chris, Simon and Phil Greatwich (for the Philippines).

I'd suggest that the three Ayew brothers all representing Ghana at World Cups is a little more notable...

And Wilson Palacios and his two brothers were all in the SAME Honduras squad, at the 2010 WC.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Forgot all about this until I just checked the BBC ...... England beat Italy in the final at the Amex. Good for Tommy Charlton who can now look his brothers in the eye. Given that it is Walking Football we are going to have one hell of a team when Murray qualifies due to age, he's playing Walking Football already !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No going s!o2ly b!Inc sorry a out thespelling

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here