Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Sidwell signs one year deal

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Shame, his experience would have been great to have had in the premier league. Doubt we’ll see him again playing for us, that goal at Bristol City will stay long in the memory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
That Sidwell song was quite funny as well. Still, he got an extra years wage without playing- almost a thank you from the Albion in helping win promotion last season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What about Guerduiora at Middlesbro I always liked him when at Watford but looking at soccerbase he hasnt played much this season is he out injured. In fact Boro have 2 others I would look at Adam Clayton and Grant Lidbeater

Clayton and Leadbitter would be decent signings.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Sad to see he is injured but I bet his experience will still be invaluable behind the scenes. We've been lucky with injuries/suspensions to Propper and Stephens so far, I would think another CM may well be on the shopping list now

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
What about Guerduiora at Middlesbro I always liked him when at Watford but looking at soccerbase he hasnt played much this season is he out injured. In fact Boro have 2 others I would look at Adam Clayton and Grant Lidbeater

If we're looking at Boro players, I wouldn't mind nicking Lewis Baker (he's on loan from Chelsea). He can play CAM and CM and looks to have an eye for goal from his time in the Dutch league (yes it is Sunday league compared to England, but you can only beat what's in front of you). Clayton's not a bad shout for a higher Championship club but he wasn't up to much last season in the PL, maybe as a bottom of the pile suggestion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit of a blow to have lost a forward and a midfielder but at least we have the opportunity, if we want, to replace both of them in the January window.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit of a blow to have lost a forward and a midfielder but at least we have the opportunity, if we want, to replace both of them in the January window.

Heres hoping that we have run medical screening a little bit earlier than last January transfer window !

Goldson problem was identified the day after the window shut wasn't it ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Heres hoping that we have run medical screening a little bit earlier than last January transfer window !

Goldson problem was identified the day after the window shut wasn't it ?

The Sidwell one was odd, we gave him a year’s contract and then he needed a back operation almost immediately?

Edit, it was actually 3 months later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here