Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and I stick by this
then spend it on good young players who might just get us to the promised land

The £5M price tag is just the starting price that the club will listen to serious offers , it acts as a deterrent to those smaller clubs who think they can nick a bargain. I personally think he'll go for £6M plus various add ons.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The £5M price tag is just the starting price that the club will listen to serious offers , it acts as a deterrent to those smaller clubs who think they can nick a bargain. I personally think he'll go for £6M plus various add ons.

hope you are right
does sound like there could be a bidding war

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Both you and [MENTION=342]cardboard[/MENTION] seem to be proving my point: we haven't inserted a 'low' release clause in Dunk's contract.

The point that the two transfers aren't comparable at all is pretty conclusive.. Trippier's agent must've known when he signed a new deal last May (with 1 year left on his deal) that there was interest and demanded a low relegation release clause or he wouldn't sign and would leave for nothing in the summer. Burnley were held to ransom.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The point that the two transfers aren't comparable at all is pretty conclusive.. Trippier's agent must've known when he signed a new deal last May (with 1 year left on his deal) that there was interest and demanded a low relegation release clause or he wouldn't sign and would leave for nothing in the summer. Burnley were held to ransom.

This may be the case, but it is speculative. My point was that B&HA have done well in:
-- securing Dunk on a long-term contract
-- not inserting a transfer fee trigger clause
-- holding out on a policy, revealed repeatedly by Bozza, that we'll only sell Dunk to the PL for £5m+
All of which suggests that things at B&HA aren't as bad as many on nsc like to claim (a point that will be reinforced if the club gets its fingers out and gets Ince to sign a new contract).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This may be the case, but it is speculative. My point was that B&HA have done well in:
-- holding out on a policy, revealed repeatedly by Bozza, that we'll only sell Dunk to the PL for £5m+
All of which suggests that things at B&HA aren't as bad as many on nsc like to claim (a point that will be reinforced if the club gets its fingers out and gets Ince to sign a new contract).

Can't disagree with any of that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Point of order. Earlier in this thread BensGrandad mentioned Premier League scouts he knows told him Dunk would only fetch £1M. Do you think Bloom , Barber and Bozza have lost the plot ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Point of order. Earlier in this thread BensGrandad mentioned Premier League scouts he knows told him Dunk would only fetch £1M. Do you think Bloom , Barber and Bozza have lost the plot ?

One can only assume that McClaren has taken some Championship scouts with him from Derby to Newcastle, who have yet to be educated on Dunk's real value.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ok, I've been debating since yesterday morning whether to post this here, but my work collegue was off this weekend and down in London out with his mates from down south.

At lunch time that day he says "oh! Viper, I met a brighton WAG this weekend", she was his best friends girlfriends friend (lol) so obviously I'm intrigued and ask him who it was, he said he didn't know, only that he was young, had just had a kid and was leaving in the summer, and we'll try and work it out from there if we can get an out of contract list. I went through all of our out of contract players and none of them were the kiddy, we went on his Facebook and found the WAG in question and it's Dunks Mrs.

He has absolutely no reason to lie, and we spent 10 minutes going through out of contract players seeing if it matched up, we then confirmed it was defo Lewis' by Facebook and thus, we MAYBE stumbled onto some transfer gossip. If his WAG is already telling her friends they're moving, it seems like Lewis wants out.

Don't shoot the messenger, and I've never posted a rumour before in my life (feel free to check), but it's just something I thought I'd share with the class.

Edit: Dunky and gf are on holiday, so I assume my mate actually meant he found out that his best mates bird was mates with a Brighton WAG, which would explain the lack of info he was able to get, you'd think if she was there he'd have just asked outright, so yea, sorry for the confusion. I'm not trying to stir any pot or get battered with abuse, it's just what a lad with no interest in Brighton has heard/told me.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yg
Ok, I've been debating since yesterday morning whether to post this here, but my work collegue was off this weekend and down in London out with his mates from down south.

At lunch time that day he says "oh! Viper, I met a brighton WAG this weekend", she was his best friends girlfriends friend (lol) so obviously I'm intrigued and ask him who it was, he said he didn't know, only that he was young, had just had a kid and was leaving in the summer, and we'll try and work it out from there if we can get an out of contract list. I went through all of our out of contract players and none of them were the kiddy, we went on his Facebook and found the WAG in question and it's Dunks Mrs.

He has absolutely no reason to lie, and we spent 10 minutes going through out of contract players seeing if it matched up, we then confirmed it was defo Lewis' by Facebook and thus, we MAYBE stumbled onto some transfer gossip. If his WAG is already telling her friends they're moving, it seems like Lewis wants out.

Don't shoot the messenger, and I've never posted a rumour before in my life (feel free to check), but it's just something I thought I'd share with the class.

If you had really checked Facebook, you would find that Dunk & his family are on holiday with Adam El Abd & his family, so unless your mate was on a beach with camels, then he's talking rubbish.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yg

If you had really checked Facebook, you would find that Dunk & his family are on holiday with Adam El Abd & his family, so unless your mate was on a beach with camels, then he's talking rubbish.

I have edited my post, and my mate did mention she was in alot of exotic places on FB, so it sounds about right, IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One can only assume that McClaren has taken some Championship scouts with him from Derby to Newcastle, who have yet to be educated on Dunk's real value.

If 1 man offers an astonishing amount based on his opinion simple answer is take it as it may not happen again. Strike while the iron is hot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sam Byram of Leeds being talked about in the papers for anywhere between £5 mill - £8 mill. Dunk must be of similar value.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If 1 man offers an astonishing amount based on his opinion simple answer is take it as it may not happen again. Strike while the iron is hot.
But that just isn't the case, irrespective as to whether you agree with it or not.
Even if you do a rudimentary equation based on LD it's impossible to come out with your figure of £1m.

Young + experienced + English + goals scored + length of contract + rating against peers + other player options + Money available to spend = considerably north of £5m.

Lets say, for arguments sake, you are correct and after all that he only has £1m worth of talent. (you're wrong but hey)
The point is soccerball isn't a one million pound business.

Anything less than £5m just sounds like Dr Evil asking for a $100,000 ransom.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was only scouts estimated value not a manager wanting to sign him and would be based on the fees that established CB command. Unlike strikers there are plenty available cheap. If we can get £5m that is good for the club. Do you see him as a future England international as U21 honours seem to have passed him by. I do not. Good player for us to build around and should have been POTS last season by a mile but a £5m offer changes the picture.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here