Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all BHAFC fans-need your feedback on 'The Albion' App & your match day experiences

K1ngKaz

Oct 10, 2010
There appear to be many hermits on NSC------or is that helmets:moo:

Don't know Simmo you tell me.... and is this how you get your post count up by posting irrelevant information not relating to the original post... guess I'm fitting in already :ascarf:

K1ngKaz

Oct 10, 2010
Your survey dosen't apply to the many ex pats that use this App, I spent 2 years fighting The Football League, Perform and Other Media about that excuse off an App they have, on behalf of the 300 members we have.
Various emails between myself the club and the above regarding the issues, when finally the club informed me of the new App we were delighted as commentary not only started on time but a good half hour before the match and the phone in after.
All was going ok until about a 3rd of the way through the season when we started losing commentary and it started acting just like the FL App, all be it, we were still getting the before and after.
My one question to you is, are you still using the Perform feed? and if so, why?
The 3 mentioned above should and I've told them so, hang their head in shame at the 3rd rate service they provide to a paying public,by that I mean those of us that have to pay for Seagull Player.
Other Media who developed the FL App were'nt even aware there was a problem until I sent them 3 pages of complaints from FL fans across the country.
This I'm affraid is all that's wrong with football at the moment, take your money and turn a blind eye when anything goes wrong, it starts with the inept FL and trickles down.
If you think this has a tinge of anger in it, your right but it's nothing compared to my phone calls to the 3 above.

I know there is a big following of ex-pats, so can understand your frustration! When I travelled for a year, I used my laptop and Seagulls player and never seemed to have any issues. But that was before the albion app came about and obviously it's not ideal carrying a laptop around in your pocket :/

I believe 'The Albion' app is best utilised in the stadium from my understanding, but on the looks of it, it's an aggregation of data from several different sites. So essentially they are just pulling the 'Seagulls Player' info from the seagulls website. Have you tried tuning in to BBC Sussex counties radio on a dab radio or via the net? Again I am assuming but I think the player may have brought the rights for the Albion match day commentary as I could never get it on my phone/internet without seagulls player but could get it on dab radio (that was in the uk however).

Be interesting to know if you ever get any form of reply/reason as to why the coverage/stream is poor for the player across the other side of the globe.

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Don't know Simmo you tell me.... and is this how you get your post count up by posting irrelevant information not relating to the original post... guess I'm fitting in already :ascarf:

If I wanted to up my post count I would post stuff like you're doing at this moment----but do carry on:lol:
Pray tell how many Albion games you saw last season:eek:

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I know there is a big following of ex-pats, so can understand your frustration! When I travelled for a year, I used my laptop and Seagulls player and never seemed to have any issues. But that was before the albion app came about and obviously it's not ideal carrying a laptop around in your pocket :/

I believe 'The Albion' app is best utilised in the stadium from my understanding, but on the looks of it, it's an aggregation of data from several different sites. So essentially they are just pulling the 'Seagulls Player' info from the seagulls website. Have you tried tuning in to BBC Sussex counties radio on a dab radio or via the net? Again I am assuming but I think the player may have brought the rights for the Albion match day commentary as I could never get it on my phone/internet without seagulls player but could get it on dab radio (that was in the uk however).

Be interesting to know if you ever get any form of reply/reason as to why the coverage/stream is poor for the player across the other side of the globe.

That all depends on when you travelled, the FL App worked fine until they did the update and then it started playing up and not starting until a few minutes in to the match or sometimes not at all, very frustating when your trying to listen in bed at 2am.
I never did get a suitable answer, The FL after many phone calls told me there was going to be another upgrade to sort out the problems, Other Media told me that wasn't going to be the case and hadn't even been aproached by the FL about any problems.
In short, I was going round in circles with one blaming the other and even though the FL admitted at one point there was a problem, retracted that in my next phone call which is why I got the club involved.
The one person who did try to help was a guy at Other Media, he tried to explain the late starting problem but after 2/3 weeks it didn't resolve itself, then I think he was as frustrated as me and gave me a load of bullshit on how hard it was to resolve.
It's not just poor here, you only need to search on here to find pages of complaints from fans around the globe, including the UK.
You can't get BBC Sussex commentary on the internet, only via player and not on DAB radio either as far as I'm aware.
For the most part the Albion App works fine but there were a few issues this season, which is why I asked if you were getting the commentary from player or direct from BBC Sussex, if your taking it from player (Perform) then your open to problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here