Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Why do i get the we 'value your privacy' every time i click on a new thread

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why do i get the we 'value your privacy' every time i click on a new thread? Started yesterday or day before. Might have been even earlier but very annoying now.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I even get it when i go to a different page on the same thread. Like you say, very annoying

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t get that. Maybe you go to dodgy sites ???

No, does it on all sorts of sites - BBC, Newspapers, football clubs, anything. Something to do with a fairly recent requirement for them to get our permission to put cookies on our computers. It's not that friendly - if you don't agree you don't get to view the site.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
I'm only getting this on NSC & no other sites, on a laptop where I've recently cleared cookies and tracking. Anyone know how to stop it? Very annoying.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
All the result of the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2018 GDPR legislation.

But I only get it once on entering a website for the first time.

If you clear internet history, you'll trigger the same tedious messages again.

This is an issue particular to NSC.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see this on many sites (thanks to poor GDPR implementation) but not on NSC. so may be browser related, or perhaps if you have blockers on so it cant track that you accepted last time...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Why do i get the we 'value your privacy' every time i click on a new thread? Started yesterday or day before. Might have been even earlier but very annoying now.

I even get it when i go to a different page on the same thread. Like you say, very annoying

That's nothing I get it when I'm going for a tom tit, enough is enough. :glare:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Trap.gif

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I get it during my breaks at work on Chrome (don't use Chrome at home) and have always put it down to the browser settings being screwed down and not letting a cookie register somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here