Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Match Ratings vs Wolves***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 8.5 Some good saves which kept us in the game would have been higher but his kicking was woeful. MOM
Bruno 7 Solid performance
Duffy 8 Man Mountain and won everything
Dunk 8 What Duffy didnt win Dunk did.
Bong 7 Started off slow and off the pace but improved and 2nd half had their right side in his pocket.
Jahanbakhsh 6 Did Ok but could have contributed more attacking wise.
Stephens 7 Played his usual controlling game.
Kayal 7.5 Offered a lot and is making the most of his chance
Iziquierdo 7 Constant threat lucky to not give away a penalty 1st half.
March 6 As usual promised a lot and achieved little..
Murray 7 Good hold up play congrats on his 100th goal for us
Subs
Bissouma 6 Didnt notice he was on very ineffectual.
Knockhaert 6 as per Bissouma

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Yep, I’d agree with those scores, particularly the full backs - Bong had a good 2nd half but was taken apart in the first 20minutes
Izquierdo has to take some of the blame for their joy down the right flank. Has to pick up the overlapping player when bong tucks in with D +D. Having said that Doherty was superb and looked extremely dangerous.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 8 - Some great saves. Finds touch too often from goal kicks. Needs to aim more at the middle of the pitch
Bruno - 6 - Slow start with some mistakes, grew into the game
Bong - 6 - I can see why Hughton loves him in the team. Tremendous athleticism and decent defender. Ok today
Dunk - 8 - Won how many headers?
Duffy 7 - Brilliant defender, terrible finisher
Stephens - 5 - Propper plays because he brings out the best in Stephens, part of an overrun midfield today
Kayal - 5 - Love him and he is a positive selection, but there were always gaping holes for the Wolves midfielders to run into and some of that is on him
Jahanbaksh - 4 - Didn't enjoy his performance today. For me he's behind Knocky in terms of pace, trickery, passion, work-rate and understanding with Bruno
Izquierdo - 7 - He loved dicking Traore for pace. He absolutely loved it. So did I.
Solly - 5 - Still needs to work on consistency, didn't really get close enough to Murray.
Murray - 8 - MOM - If Murray was playing for Wolves and we had their striker, we'd have lost about 4-0.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Christ that's what you'd put when you win 3-0 and totally dominate:lolol:
We had one shot on target at home :lolol:

It would be great to have won 3 - 0 and played more offensively, but sometimes you have to dig deep and defend heroically to come away with 3 precious points ... I may be wearing blue and white tinted spectacles, but who gives a ****, we’re 7 points above Palace ! :)

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Ryan - 8 - Some great saves. Finds touch too often from goal kicks. Needs to aim more at the middle of the pitch
Bruno - 6 - Slow start with some mistakes, grew into the game
Bong - 6 - I can see why Hughton loves him in the team. Tremendous athleticism and decent defender. Ok today
Dunk - 8 - Won how many headers?
Duffy 7 - Brilliant defender, terrible finisher
Stephens - 5 - Propper plays because he brings out the best in Stephens, part of an overrun midfield today
Kayal - 5 - Love him and he is a positive selection, but there were always gaping holes for the Wolves midfielders to run into and some of that is on him
Jahanbaksh - 4 - Didn't enjoy his performance today. For me he's behind Knocky in terms of pace, trickery, passion, work-rate and understanding with Bruno
Izquierdo - 7 - He loved dicking Traore for pace. He absolutely loved it. So did I.
Solly - 5 - Still needs to work on consistency, didn't really get close enough to Murray.
Murray - 8 - MOM - If Murray was playing for Wolves and we had their striker, we'd have lost about 4-0.

Harsh on beram ,although not his best game ever ,

maybe he was winded ,took one full pelt early on didnt he ?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ryan - 8 MOM
Bruno - 6
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 8
Bong - 6
Alireza - 5
Kayal - 6
Stephens - 6
Izquierdo - 6
March - 5
Murray - 7

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 8
Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 6
Jahanbakhsh 6
Stephens 6
Kayal 6
Izquierdo 6 (Knockaert 81min, 5)
March 6 (Bissouma 71min, 5)
Murray 8

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Fair enough! I think he puts himself under too much pressure with this - he's quite happy to let the attackers come onto him, which means he ends up having to kick it more hurriedly than he had to. He seems to rarely play it to our back line anymore, or is that just my imagination

That's coz the general rule is - Take no chances. When you can play football from the back then play it but if you cant the boot it up the park. He is one of the most agile keepers in the PL and that is what his attraction was.

We had a decent keeper but not the most agile. He has been this biggest UPGRADE of all the signings. First few games I thought, not sure but just goes to show the recruitment team have followed instructions to the letter in finding him, which couldn't have been easy because he wasn't even first choice at his club at that point in time. So we got an absolute bargain.

Irate Ninja

Apr 19, 2012
North Laine
It was an easy day for all as Wolves came with an arrogance which deserved nothing as we made them look like the championship team they are with 100m spent poorly...bring on Portugal A.. Glenn needs a challenge.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan 10 did exactly what was required of a defence kept another clean sheet
Bruno 10 as above
Duffy 10 as above
Dunk 10 ditto
Bong 10 ditto
AJ 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
Izquierdo 7
March 7
Murray 10 did exactly what was required one chance one goal 3 points thank you very much

Bissouma 5
Knockaert 5

Wolves look a really good side very quick strong they just need a goal scorer 27 attempts and no goals! while we looked solid at the back and a goal scorer up front who had just 1 attempt and took it.

It was not a game for midfield flair but they ground out a result 9 points clear of relegation goal differance of -2 mid table very happy indeed

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Some very generous ratings here. We were woeful and were only saved by their wastefulness and our defensive heroics.

Ryan 9
Bruno 6
Duffy 9
Dunk 9
Bong 6
AJ 5
Kayal 5
Stephens 5
Izquierdo 6
March 4
Murray 8

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It would be great to have won 3 - 0 and played more offensively, but sometimes you have to dig deep and defend heroically to come away with 3 precious points ... I may be wearing blue and white tinted spectacles, but who gives a ****, we’re 7 points above Palace ! :)
Yes agree but we defended for virtually the whole game against a side who got promoted last season and the same last week against a side that hadn't won yet this season.
Incredible that these two sides managed around 55 shots against us with us managing very few.

There's digging deep I agree but come on something tells me we have something wrong to be that negative regardless of results.
The points are brilliant but as fans we do like to win in style :)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 9 Once again kept us in game.
Bong 6 OK but gave winger far too much room.
Dunk 9 Outstanding
Duffy 8 Outstanding but should have scored.
Stevens 6 Nothing creative but good in defence
Kayal 7 At least he tries to go forward
March 2 Terrible and a liability. Should now just be an impact sub to play wide only. What is it with managers that think wingers make good no 10s. With different managers have seen March, Lua lua and Knockhaert tried.
AJ 3 Contributed nothing
Murray 7 Marked up for goal but we really should have moved on by now and have a bit more pace down middle.
Izzy 4 Did nothing up front

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes agree but we defended for virtually the whole game against a side who got promoted last season and the same last week against a side that hadn't won yet this season.
Incredible that these two sides managed around 55 shots against us with us managing very few.

There's digging deep I agree but come on something tells me we have something wrong to be that negative regardless of results.

Its a clear strategy. Get points on the board whilst the squad is recovering from injuries and new players still bedding in. Keep it tight, defend like crazy ( which we are very good at ) and put distance between yourselves and the lower sides. We would all like more extravagance but give me more free flowing football and 4-6 points out the last nine or grinding out 9 ugly points and I am in the latter camp all day long.
This is all about project Premier League. Doing whatever is necessary to stay there. Christ, some Toon fans were saying last week that we are going to be relegated. I'd rather CH's pragmatic grasp on reality than theirs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Then you might need a little break from the Albion, until it's no longer Hughton's Albion.

What you want just isn't going to happen, we have very exciting wingers (who are expected to defend) and Murray, everyone else's job is not to concede.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 9 MoM. Superb saves and best Albion keeper I've seen
Bruno 7. Determined assist but not at his best in first half
Duffy 7. Immense but should have scored
Dunk 8. Immense and superb goal-saving clearance
Bong 7. Got stronger as game went on
Jose 6 put in a good shift
Kayal 8 hard as nails and gives us drive
Stephens 7 did his job of get ball, pass ball a d disrupt very well
Ali J. 6 works hard and determined. I like
March 5. Better as a 10 than a winger but invariably shirks a tackle. I 'd play Locadia at 10 - he is stronger and can pick a pass
Murray 7. Did what he does

Bissouma 5
Knocky 5

We are obviously deliberately playing a deep defensive block at the moment to get points on the table - very sensible and I'm enjoying the masterclass in defending although it is nerve- racking.

Wolves - great movement and lovely to watch but need a goal scorer

Ref - good

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

Thing is I don't think we were sent out to be negative - I just think we played badly and got pushed back.
CH wouldn't have told our players to constantly give the ball away. I think Wolves got control of the game and did really well in forcing us back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here