BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unless you only eat meat, you're not a carnivore. If you also eat vegetables with your Sunday dinner, you're an omnivore.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Agree and disagree. I have been to India, got talking to a few people about food and diet (mainly because they were rather bemused and proud that the British national dish is now curry) and was told that Muslims and Christians eat a lot of meat when available but Hindus are mainly vegetarian with the less devout happy to have some non-proscribed meats (mainly chicken, mutton and fish) and the more devout sticking to a vegan diet.

Likewise, Hong Kong in the 90s, trying to get a vegetarian meal (my ex was veggie at the time) was a difficult task & was told by more than 1 person that it was associated with poverty and mainland China, which supports [MENTION=27739]The Upper Library[/MENTION]'s post.

There is the whole myth about 70% of Indians are vegetarian. Truth is the devout/Brahmins are 100% vegetarian. The rest will eat meat/fish once or twice a week. The difference being it will be locally sourced if they are rural folk. Of course now there is a burgeoning white collar city lifestyle.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
96.2% of the meat eaters on here wouldn't eat meat if they had to slaughter and skin it themselves. 73.2% of meat eaters on here wouldn't eat meat if they were shown the full process by which it goes from standing alive in a field to the handy little guilt-free packages of animals they buy in the supermarket.

75.2% of the people on this thread talk utter bolox.So veggies are going to kill off all the animals on the planet so they can grow enough to eat?What gives you the right to decide which animals are allowed to survive?If you think people won't kill animals when they are hungry,you live in la-la land:lolol:

Last edited:

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I disagree with you about whether we should eat animals. Apologies if I didn't make it clear and I do think a lot more can be done to make living & slaughter conditions better. I try to be discerning about what I buy but ultimately I like eating meat and I like drinking milk.

Well why do you think we should eat animals? There's alternatives that taste just as good (some even better). Why do you think we should eat animals when it's animal abuse? Animal agriculture uses more green house gasses than all of transport combined too. Is "I like eating meat and I like drinking milk" good enough to justify animal cruelty, a huge contributor to global warming? I don't think so -the dairy industry is more ****ed up than the meat industry too. I find it funny how you people can call yourself 'animal lovers'

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
75.2% of the people on this thread talk utter bolox.So veggies are going to kill off all the animals on the planet so they can grow enough to eat?What gives you the right to decide which animals are allowed to survive?If you think people won't kill animals when they are hungry,you live in la-la land:lolol:

Errr...what? :moo: where did that come from?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well why do you think we should eat animals? There's alternatives that taste just as good (some even better). Why do you think we should eat animals when it's animal abuse? Animal agriculture uses more green house gasses than all of transport combined too. Is "I like eating meat and I like drinking milk" good enough to justify animal cruelty, a huge contributor to global warming? I don't think so -the dairy industry is more ****ed up than the meat industry too. I find it funny how you people can call yourself 'animal lovers'
Coz it tastes good..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Agree and disagree. I have been to India, got talking to a few people about food and diet (mainly because they were rather bemused and proud that the British national dish is now curry) and was told that Muslims and Christians eat a lot of meat when available but Hindus are mainly vegetarian with the less devout happy to have some non-proscribed meats (mainly chicken, mutton and fish) and the more devout sticking to a vegan diet.

Likewise, Hong Kong in the 90s, trying to get a vegetarian meal (my ex was veggie at the time) was a difficult task & was told by more than 1 person that it was associated with poverty and mainland China, which supports [MENTION=27739]The Upper Library[/MENTION]'s post.

India is complex though as can be very dependent on the region as well as religion. In more heavily meat eating societies such as the punjab its far more common due to both the type of agriculture and the mix of three major religions with differing proscribed meats (up until 47 but attitudes still prevail) than in other societies across the country where they are more monocultural and agrarian.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
What's natural about it? If it was natural then it wouldn't be harmful to us (processed meat meat causes cancer and red meat probably does). We have absolutely no instincts to kill animals/eat them. Put a toddler in a room with an apple and a rabbit and let me know when the toddler is eating the rabbit and playing with the apple. You don't salivate when you see animals, no one does

I'm with you...but you can't deny that meat has been eaten by our species historically. That can't be erased. The level of over consumption and animal abuse and corruption in these modern times is my reason to reject the practice wholesale.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Funny, if pleasure was a justification for things then rape would probably be legal. Any one could eat your dog too
What a disgusting thing to compare it to!
I don't have a dog

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I think we're naturally omnivores (as Thunder Bolt says) and therefore animals will have to be killed so that I can eat them. I can understand why you call that abuse but I think there are quick and painless ways for animals to be killed and I'm comfortable with that. You're not, it clearly upsets you and I do understand why. I just happen to disagree.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I'm with you...but you can't deny that meat has been eaten by our species historically. That can't be erased. The level of over consumption and animal abuse and corruption in these modern times is my reason to reject the practice wholesale.

Just because we've done something for a long time it doesn't make it correct/good. Even more so now that studies have shown that processed meat/red meat causes cancer.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tired memes...How can you tell if someone has no input? They will post a 5 year old meme....yawn....

Oh I'm sorry , looks like I have hit a nerve here, for your information the thread started with a joke video.

To be fair though any meme posted after the cartoon by [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] ( post #2 ) is going to be nowhere near as funny.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just because we've done something for a long time it doesn't make it correct/good. Even more so now that studies have shown that processed meat/red meat causes cancer.

I am 70 next year, and I have lost several friends, who were vegetarian, to cancer.

Look at Linda McCartney who was a trailblazer for vegetarianism, and only made it to 56.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I think we're naturally omnivores (as Thunder Bolt says) and therefore animals will have to be killed so that I can eat them. I can understand why you call that abuse but I think there are quick and painless ways for animals to be killed and I'm comfortable with that. You're not, it clearly upsets you and I do understand why. I just happen to disagree.

You said "animals will have to be killed".. what does that mean? No animals have to be killed because we don't need them - you can get everything you need from a plant based diet so I don't understand what you mean by that. As for quick and painless ways; breeding animals to be trapped in horrible conditions, standing in their own shit to be killed at a young age (most 1/2 years) to then be gassed/throat slit etc is NOT worth it for a burger. It's also interesting how you said there's "quick and painless ways" as if that's a good thing. It's not humane to kill something just because there's a painless way (by the way, the only 'painless' way is a bolt gun to the head and that doesn't even work most of the time and it isn't the primary method too). I encourage you to watch a clip of Earthlings on YouTube and you tell me if you're really comfortable with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here