Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do we beat Arsenal ? What would your tactics be?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As said elsewhere, I don't like CH's due deference to 'the big 6'.

Straight after Newcastle he was all but binning off the Arsenal game preparing for Everton at home, because 'they are in a different league to lil old Brighton'.

Admittedly losing Tomer will change the team dynamic, but I think we can safely say it won't force Chris' hand into playing a front foot team.

Like Man City we're playing Arsenal at the very best point of the season.
I can't help thinking the Albion will play the game to not lose, then eventually, heroically, lose.
Ending the game thinking 'you know what, we could have nicked that, if...'.

But.

https://twitter.com/johnnycburger/status/913698805073227776

[tweet]913698805073227776[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
11 behind the ball and no venturing over the half way line in the first half. (Just like the respect we showed Bournemouth, except this time it's justified) See where we are after half time before the occasional one man foray chasing down a long ball over the top. :smile:

Even if we don't win we'll avoid a thumping and I certainly don't expect us to beat them. Although, for the older ones, remember European Champions Forest, with a ridiculously long unbeaten home run, going down to a Gerry Ryan(?) goal. We were 12-1 to win that day.
Gary Williams..........

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
26f256264e820965134bc3d72d79a6ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Inside the mind of CH?
1. Play Murray if fit
2. If not, don't risk Izzy up front cos he's not match fit and not a natural no.9
3. Also, don't risk Squizzy up front as it's not his natural position, and it's a big game, and...and... he's a big hope so let's not test him in this situation!
4. So, play Murphy up front.
What a depressing post::albion2:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sing "Votre stade trop gros pour vous" to annoy Wenger into making mistakes.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Advice please, great NSC...

I have Ryan and WBA's Foster as my two fantasy league keepers.

WBA are at home to Watford, we're away at Arsenal... do I sub Foster in for Ryan?

Head says this is a no-brainer but it goes against the grain for me to drop an Albion player. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Inside the mind of CH?
1. Play Murray if fit
2. If not, don't risk Izzy up front cos he's not match fit and not a natural no.9
3. Also, don't risk Squizzy up front as it's not his natural position, and it's a big game, and...and... he's a big hope so let's not test him in this situation!
4. So, play Murphy up front.
What a depressing post::albion2:

This might cheer you up.
https://twitter.com/johnnycburger/status/913740181521534976

[tweet]913740181521534976[/tweet]

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It's simple. We need to implement the Escapini Defence.

This comprises a ten-man defensive unit, stood on each other's shoulders in the goal mouth, with their backs to the opposing team. They sit there and we rely on rebounds.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
1-5(wing backs)-2-3 (AMCs no strikers but breaking from the middle)
Ryan
Schelotto
Duffy
Dunk
Hunemaier
Suttner
Stephens
Propper
Knockaert
March
Gross with Izquerdo or brown the speedier options

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
1-5(wing backs)-2-3 (AMCs no strikers but breaking from the middle)
Ryan
Schelotto
Duffy
Dunk
Hunemaier
Suttner
Stephens
Propper
Knockaert
March
Gross with Izquerdo or brown the speedier options

I think 5 at the back is a strong possibility but it will be Bruno rather than Schelotto . I would see how AK gets on and if we have issues bring on Schelotto/Izquerdo to make a change of style. I know Schelotto is a back but he is strong coming forward and good in the air and might put pressure on Arsenal's back players. Not sure how fit Brown is ...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
CH isn't going to suddenly change our formula and start 5 at the back or any such nonsense. It will be 4-4-1-1, the final 1 being the only variation from Sunday. Tactically is a different matter. Expect Gross to be much deeper, allowing Arsenal possession in their own half. They don't tend to be big crossers of the ball, and we'll fancy ourselves in the air, so would think Bruno and Suttner to be pretty narrow, mainly in line with the 18 yard box, with Knockeart and March expected to do any closing down to the touchlines. If Propper and Stephens can keep their concentration in front closing down Arsenal's swift intricate play, then they and the crowed may get frustrated pretty quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here