Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US election (merged threads)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Hillary was pro Bush Blair Iraq war, she was key in the overthrowing of Gadaffi in Libya, and she is complicit in what is going on in Syria today. I don't like Trump but at least he will not be meddling in the Middle East by backing and supplying Sunni Wahhabist rebels with arms that end up in the hands of Daesh, and causing the refugeescrisis who end up in the hands of us.

Our governments have made a complete pigs ear of the Middle East and this can only be solved if the US and Russia align themselves more with each other, rather than trying to outdo each other at the UN.

At the end of the day the Middle East is on Russia’s doorstep so it is more of a serious problem for Russia than the US who caused the shit in the first place. The Middle East is more important to us than the US because it is on our doorstep too, so hopefully Europe, Russia and the US will be forced to unite on a strategy to bring peace to the Middle East.

good point

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Groveling appologies required by those outspoken detractors who recklessly nailed their colours to the mast. They include Westminster, the Regions, the Establishment, and all the Media. They haven't learned a thing over recent British elections!

We now have to find a path to a smooth relationship with the new president of our best friends and soul mates. I hope Trump is more conciliatory than you lot?

National Vote
Clinton - 59,299,381
Trump - 59,135,740

Also

I had no preference - I did not bash anyone - but I was shrewed enough be in a position of living with the conscequences of either winner.

Shrewed. :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
WRONG The Majority have voted Trump 57,123,323 counted so far compared to 56,178,848 Clinton. 944,000 majority for Trump.
Maybe they are all lunatics then..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not really, Farage has never been in power.
Just because he wasn't an MP does not mean he wasn't 'in power'. Remain campaigners would not hate him and his actions so much if he did not hold power. Power is not simply vested through a title or the office one holds.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
WRONG The Majority have voted Trump 57,123,323 counted so far compared to 56,178,848 Clinton. 944,000 majority for Trump.

Wrong - see post #269

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
I can see why Trump would appeal to a person like you.

I didn't favour either candidate. I'm just rather contemptuous of the disproportionate mass hysteria. In reality, I expect very little to change in the short time. Trump will undertake a steep learning curve, finding allies and discovering procedures. Should he propose anything that is too drastic, it will be fought out in a democratic battle - and so on.

The Americans have elected a President, not installed a dictator.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I didn't favour either candidate. I'm just rather contemptuous of the disproportionate mass hysteria. In reality, I expect very little to change in the short time. Trump will undertake a steep learning curve, finding allies and discovering procedures. Should he propose anything that is too drastic, it will be fought out in a democratic battle - and so on.

The Americans have elected a President, not installed a dictator.

About right

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I know but I bet Trump would still have mentioned it over and over again had he been running against Barack.

Nitpicking seems to be all you have today. Is that because I largely agree that Clinton is absolutely awful and am not therefore throwing myself on the floor in a tearful mess like half the internet? :lolol:

Probably mate , what.really amazes me is the likes of someone I know who has lived in Uckfield his whole life , never lived anywhere else , yet feels uniquely qualified to pass judgement on "dumbfvck " Americans. From hicksville.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Just because he wasn't an MP does not mean he wasn't 'in power'. Remain campaigners would not hate him and his actions so much if he did not hold power. Power is not simply vested through a title or the office one holds.

It sounds like you are talking about influence rather than power. His messages such as it costs UK £55 million a day to be an EU member, or that the majority of our laws are made by the EU certainly had a big influence despite being blatantly false.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Trump will undertake a steep learning curve and discover procedures. Should he propose anything that is too drastic.The Americans have elected a President, not installed a dictator.

I'm damn sure there are safeguards, should anything appear on the horizon, if the buffoon decides anything too radical.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Because its about policies not identities.

Trump had no detailed policies. Just bumper sticker slogans.

Clinton's policies were incremental changes to Obama, and voters have chosen to twist on 19, as is their democratic right.

Trump seems to be a fiscal democrat in some ways (infrastructure spending) and fiscal republican in others (tax cuts for the rich and protectionism).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It sounds like you are talking about influence rather than power. His messages such as it costs UK £55 million a day to be an EU member, or that the majority of our laws are made by the EU certainly had a big influence despite being blatantly false.
Semantics in my opinion. But I agree with your points. I like the fact that Farage exerted influence which helped us leave the EU, but I am no fan of the campaign.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Do keep up

As of 11:55 a.m. ET, Clinton had amassed 59,458,295 votes nationally, to Trump's 59,265,380 — a margin of 192,915 that puts Clinton on track to become the fifth U.S. presidential candidate to win the popular vote but lose the election.

Neither candidate got more than 50 percent of the vote: As of 11:55 a.m. ET, Clinton stood at 47.7 percent and Trump at 47.5 percent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do keep up

As of 11:55 a.m. ET, Clinton had amassed 59,458,295 votes nationally, to Trump's 59,265,380 — a margin of 192,915 that puts Clinton on track to become the fifth U.S. presidential candidate to win the popular vote but lose the election.

Neither candidate got more than 50 percent of the vote: As of 11:55 a.m. ET, Clinton stood at 47.7 percent and Trump at 47.5 percent.

[tweet]796402842437353473[/tweet]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In all of this drama has nobody thought to mention how utterly filthy Sara Jane mee looks on sky? Thoughts [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ?

I think she qualifies for FOX News Alf.

CQat6vhWEAAx1WQ.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here