Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Funnily enough I will be making my first ever O2 visit this month to see Morrisey. Unfortunately had to settle for seats but near the stage and lower tier. Going to treat it as a one off. Wont know till the day if he will turn up, cancel, turn up and leave the stage early or play a blinding two hour set packed with Smiths songs. Doubt if it will be the latter somehow.

Never done the O2 either and don't particularly want to but it's looking like the only English gig this year so may still indulge... as you say high risk (walked off stage in Poland the other night after about 5 songs because he didn't like what someone said FFS) but playing a lot off the new album so I'm tempted (not bothered about revisiting the past too much). Not sure but I don't think he's ever played over 90 mins in his life so no chance of 2 hours.

Jul 7, 2003
Ordered my Download 2015 ticket yesterday. Roll on June!!

Tempted to go on the Sunday as it is Motley Crue's last tour and there won't be too many more chances to see Kiss in the future.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saw The Lovely Eggs last night. Good fun even though it was difficult to see them and hear the mid song banter. Hopefully they will play a better venue next time. Slum Of Legs in support. Second time I have seen them. Played about five songs and would certainly recommend them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw Mozzer last night. I must admit I was not expecting much after hearing about his walk-off in Poland, a hefty 60 euros (a lot for the venue he played) and the last time I saw him he seemed disinterested. Maybe my low expectations helped but his performance last night was nothing short of great. He was in fine form, quite playful, and dare I say it upbeat. His voice was perfect and the sound of the band and their playing was spot on as well. I've seen him a number of times during his solo career and cannot recall ever walking away so fulfilled before. The band looked resplendent in their matching **** HARVEST RECORDS t-shirts as well. Oh, and he gave a nice monologue about Berlin as well (Morrissey being complimentary and positive about something????)

Not going to spoil the setlist too much as I know there are some NSCers going to the O2 gig....but he does lean heavily on the new album so be prepared.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I'd pretty much talked myself out of it (venue, £ etc) and you go and do that. Decisions,decisions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd pretty much talked myself out of it (venue, £ etc) and you go and do that. Decisions,decisions.

How much is it to see him at the o2?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Twickets has had rubbish seats approx £45, standing £65, better seats £55. I wasn't willing to pay this for the O2 when they first went on sale but am (predictably) second guessing myself as the day approaches. I was hoping for UK dates in the New Year somewhere decent and may still risk it...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Twickets has had rubbish seats approx £45, standing £65, better seats £55. I wasn't willing to pay this for the O2 when they first went on sale but am (predictably) second guessing myself as the day approaches. I was hoping for UK dates in the New Year somewhere decent and may still risk it...

Difficult call. All I can say is that I paid 60 euros and walked away having had a great evening. I was near the front which no doubt played a part in my enjoyment. If I was up in the rafters I might have a different view. Good luck with whatever you decide though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Sounds like you had a great evening then. Hope for more of the same on Saturday-I read somewhere that the new album took up half the set but I like most of its tracks so that's all good. Our tickets are seated- £70 each inc various booking fees. Standing had sold out. That and the football p.m is going to make it an expensive day. Mozzer has three more dates before the O2 so hope he saves some energy in reserve.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Sounds like you had a great evening then. Hope for more of the same on Saturday-I read somewhere that the new album took up half the set but I like most of its tracks so that's all good. Our tickets are seated- £70 each inc various booking fees. Standing had sold out. That and the football p.m is going to make it an expensive day. Mozzer has three more dates before the O2 so hope he saves some energy in reserve.

SPOILER ALERT: Link for Berlin set list etc.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/2230-Berlin-Columbiahalle-(Nov-23-2014)-post-show

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just back from Echo and the Bunnymen. After the initial shock that Will Sergeant now looks like Ricky Tomlinson in a Sandi Toksvig wig it was rather splendid. No 'Do It Clean' but other than that top draw.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Just back from Echo and the Bunnymen. After the initial shock that Will Sergeant now looks like Ricky Tomlinson in a Sandi Toksvig wig it was rather splendid. No 'Do It Clean' but other than that top draw.

How are you, Pevenseagull? I don't recall seeing posts from you for a good while. Did they play Stars Are Stars or The Puppet?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
How are you, Pevenseagull? I don't recall seeing posts from you for a good while. Did they play Stars Are Stars or The Puppet?

I'm pretty good now. No to the above songs but Over The Wall was quite superb. The songs from the new record were not out of place but ultimately a set including: Rescue, Never Stop, The Killing Moon, Seven Seas, The Cutter, Bring on the Dancing Horses etc. Performed with vigour is going to leave me and Mrs Pevenseagull in Tuesday night heaven

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Just got Amsterdam tickets for:

Interpol (January)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor (April)
Ride (May)

2015 is already shaping up nicely.

The Specials in Utrecht for me tonight.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
2015 looking good too. So far- Jesus and Mary Chain, Sleaford Mods, Underworld, Wedding Present and Great Escape.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Saw The levellers follow their film last night with an absolute belter of an acoustic set with some nice rarely heard tunes chucked in. A fantastic night all round.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Sharon Van Etten certainly had her moments tonight (St George's Church) but didn't quite pull it off for me. Anyone else go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here