Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall Away.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just to add more confusion, there has been a large landslide on the Uckfield line at Oxted, not sure if it will be open or not

Will be reopened by March 1st if your going on the Oxted Lines (London - Three Bridges trains dont go that way).

Also good of the club to just mention Brighton - Three Bridges.......Lewes - Three Bridges is also shut that day.

Russ

Rust Man
May 4, 2013
I'm sure all will be fine. As for bad language, she's heard it all before at the Amex, and she knows not to repeat any of it. Although once when the crowd were singing 'the referee's a wa##er', she turned to me and said 'dad, what's a waker? Can I say waker daddy?' How do you explain that one?

Russ

Rust Man
May 4, 2013
First game in 3 years can't wait :)

Last few times I've been (always with kids) it's been 'sit where you like'. The stewards there are normally pretty good. So you could just get there early and bag a front row seat (which from the top tier is superb) and hope you haven't got the seat of someone who insists in sitting where their ticket states they should sit.

Alternatively, go right up the back and let her stand on her seat. Here you should be prepared for colourful language around you. Explain it to her in context, get involved with the singing and I'm sure she'll love it. If you reassure constantly that's it all pantomime for the day, especially so being Millwall, and assure her of her safety if she has any concerns then it can be an interesting life experience for her.
Good idea, I'll get in there a tad early.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm sure all will be fine. As for bad language, she's heard it all before at the Amex, and she knows not to repeat any of it. Although once when the crowd were singing 'the referee's a wa##er', she turned to me and said 'dad, what's a waker? Can I say waker daddy?' How do you explain that one?

The East Stand alternative is "the referees an anchor" :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is, quite literally, the safest away game in the Country.

Really? so all 90 other away games are more dangerous than Millwall?

Russ

Rust Man
May 4, 2013
One of my first moments like this, my mate turned to my then 5 year old and said "he works in a bank"...pretty good insult anyway

Fair point. In today's climate I'd rather be called a wa##er, than a banker.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I disagree

yes it's not like it once was but behave

Have you been lately, you step off the train, walk through an impenetrable tunnel that takes you directly into the away end and all this whilst being guarded by dozens of the Met's finest.....it's impossible to get involved in any bother. I can't think of anywhere else that offers this level of security and protection. Safe as houses!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Can't agree with that. Once I've had a glass bottle brush my ear at the station and another time practically got carried by the met to the safety of the away fans. Never really had any problems at any of the other 75 grounds I've been to except some neaderthals at Huddersfield and Wednesday :)lol:).

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Have you been lately, you step off the train, walk through an impenetrable tunnel that takes you directly into the away end and all this whilst being guarded by dozens of the Met's finest.....it's impossible to get involved in any bother. I can't think of anywhere else that offers this level of security and protection. Safe as houses!

How about on the train in with them? Or at the platform after? Or around London bridge? Not saying its dangerous but you're more likely to find yourself some trouble here than you are at Wycombe,Yeovil or cheltenham are you not?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I've been. Yes, it's a lot safer but I still exercise caution. Once you have left the "Tunnel" after the game, you are on your own.

I don't wear colours to the Den, and for all NSCers saying it's the safest ground to visit, I note that the vast majority of Albion fans don't either!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hmmm that's a sweeping statement and not quite so sure it's exactly true. Safer than the Old Den was yes, but still very intimidating.

I went with my mate last season to watch Millwall v. Huddersfield, and with my mate being a Huddersfield fan l had a ticket for the away end. Fine during the game, still plenty of verbal abuse from the home fans, but of course it was coming from the other stands, so nothing physical. The problem came at the end of the game. The local police insisted on keeping us back for nearly an hour after the final whistle, despite there being less than 200 of us, and then proceeded to frogmarch us to South Bermondsey station. The problem was that we wanted to walk to New Cross Gate, (which is on the main line south from London Bridge, where we could catch a direct train back to Horsham). Whilst walking to South Bermondsey we walked under an underpass, and we witnessed a stream of amber coloured liquid being sprayed from above. No prizes for guessing what it was. When several of our group complained to the old bill, all one of them said was 'welcome to Bermondsey!'.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Can I recommend keeping your replica shirt covered up, your scarf in your pocket and quietly going about the business of getting home safely. Simples. If you want to shout your mouth off and give it the large one, you may encounter some resistance.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here