Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Izzy Brown Go Home

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to throw a spanner in the works, On the train going home last night 2 chaps were talking and one told the othere that he had been speaking to KLL yesterday and he said that CH has told him that he is coming back in January to try again for the first team. I hope the chap was bull.....ing,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a ridiculous idea if we benched everybody who didnt play to their normal standard last night we would have to field the U23s virtually,

Even more ridiculous is to start players who are drained against a high energy team like Liverpool! Gross has done brilliantly but the English game is fast, he's still adjusting and Brown is a kid with pedigree.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First I would love to see Izzy show the passion he achieved in a Huddersfield shirt, but something is not right and he shows signs of going through the motions when given a small cameo appearance. This will probably be every game he is fit for as Loan players come with a contractual obligation to "play or Pay Double". Harry Redknapp explained to the BBC during his short interview http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40905177 it was a price he wasn't prepared to pay.

You are KIDDING me! he was notorious up there for his strops. The boy needs nurturing, and he also needs to take a good look at himself. You make him sound like a Terry Butcher. :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even more ridiculous is to start players who are drained against a high energy team like Liverpool! Gross has done brilliantly but the English game is fast, he's still adjusting and Brown is a kid with pedigree.

I wish that I had seen the same good points that you obviously have with Brown. If we can produce a performance like at Man Utd we'll win.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wish that I had seen the same good points that you obviously have with Brown. If we can produce a performance like at Man Utd we'll win.

It's not been easy for Brown to go from Huddersfield key player to new boy at a tight knit club like the Albion and crack it in the Prem. I think this is the perfect game for him; Liverpool 's defence is leaky and there will be space to operate in. This is not a must win match against a rival, but we may need to score 2 to get anything out of it.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Seen nothing that Murphy Baldock or Kayal couldn't have done for 10 mins a game. They may shown a bit more passion however.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'll get longer than 10 mins today.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He was excellent. Drove forwards, constantly beat his man, fantastic delivery. Would have liked to see him replace gross through the middle when Jose came on

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
He was excellent. Drove forwards, constantly beat his man, fantastic delivery. Would have liked to see him replace gross through the middle when Jose came on

I honestly agree, First half, he was poor, as was everyone else, but second half he was great, i just don't think he works in our tactics.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Yup. I was more than surprised that he was taken off and Gross (whose form has dropped right off) left on.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Our fans really don't ever learn though - finding a scapegoat and continually having a go at him either at the match or here online NEVER makes them play better. Surprise surprise, given a full game rather than 10 mins he shows a bit of class and looked pretty good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here