Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holloway on fans leaving early.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Personally I agree with him. Dedicating the comeback to those who stayed is to be applauded. Lets hope we don't see the same tonight.

Me too. Football is so sanitised and media-friendly these days, hardly anyone dares to give an opinion on anything. Watching the video of Mullery and Allison on NSC yesterday reminded me how shit modern football is, and how nobody is allowed to say anything anymore. Good on him for having the balls to say it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think Holloway has proven he knows a fair degree about football and has a passion as a manager I would respect. Sometimes it comers out strange but most of the time it hits the mark. I certainly believe football is 'better' for him, not the style of the game but someone prepared to honestly speak their mind.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Dedicating the comeback to the fans who stayed is indeed fine - but he could have left it at that. He didn't have to have a pop at supporters who have turned up to see a side not exactly setting the division on fire. As we've seen, though, there's nothing he won't try to use as a motivational tool.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
QPR were 2-0 down last night going in to the 93rd minute and came away with a draw.

Ian Holloway had a pop at fans who left early and sounded pretty pissed off with them during his post match interview.

I know it's that old debate again but I agree with him on this one. Imagine tonight, we're a goal down in stoppage time but score twice to win. You wouldn't want to chance missing something like that.

On the supporters who left early:*"I was disappointed with our fans and with their fans.

"I'd like to say to ours, 'You should have stayed'. Everybody who did stay, well done, you deserved that. Don't go home early.

"If you missed it you ain't half missed something.

"You might not have missed your last bus, but you missed a treat."

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Does this not prove it makes no difference to the result?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here