Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worth the admission price alone

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I thought it went round him. FLAIR.

Bruno is a fabulous footballer. 35 years old (but I bet he's still one of the fittest players we have), and he's having a brilliant season. We have some talented players, but I'm not sure any of them can match him for pure technique.

I LOVE Bruno this season. Even when he has a mad moment :bowdown:

Bruno is a year older than Zamora is, and still lasts 90 minutes every week. Has Bruno even had an injury since we signed him?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bruno is a year older than Zamora is, and still lasts 90 minutes every week. Has Bruno even had an injury since we signed him?

He was out for about 3-4 months a few years back. Remember him going through fitness work before our friendly at Whitehawk in...2013?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great game and yes, those passes from Bruno were sublime (when I'd realised they weren't going out of play –*another Family Stander who had a decent view of them). Saturday was the day that I finally saw Solly March for what he's worth, too. I've been critical of his all-round game (especially the fact that he (I didn't think) kick a ball with his right foot), but he completely ran the show. So many highlights on Saturday - a really entertaining game, too. As we approach a year since Sami left, I'm astounded with the turnaround that Chris Hughton and his team have overseen.

Also, while I'm not normally a fan of highlights with no commentary, the video in this article is quite amusing. Go to around 1:45, for the corner that PIG fumbled (clattering the post in the process), and listen to the reaction of the Birmingham player :lol:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/managers-views-chris-hughton-and-gary-rowett-2827300.aspx

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not that I could actually go to the game but I would happily have paid the admission price just to see this.....

Zamora Calde.jpg

Who would have ever thought that we'd see Calde celebrating with Zamora after Bobby scored the winner at the Amex? :love::love::love:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree with all the superfluatives but football is too expensive.

In general tis true.. but in my case, Saturday's admission price was £10!
This was thanks to the Young Seagulls offer.
I was a guest of my Young Seagulls Daughter (£5) who chose this match as her birthday treat.
My son and Step daughter were also eligible for this offer and brought along my partner and my Dad.

£45 for 6 of us - including travel! Now that is a bargain.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was a guest of my Young Seagulls Daughter (£5) who chose this match as her birthday treat.
My son and Step daughter were also eligible for this offer and brought along my partner and my Dad.

I'm sure [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION] would disagree.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Oh don't get me wrong, There are good deals to be had, and season tickets aren't bad value. But I'd love to see it so all clubs had to give some tickets, even say 500 for each match, at a cheapish price. Say £25 for prem, £20 for champ, etc.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Oh don't get me wrong, There are good deals to be had, and season tickets aren't bad value. But I'd love to see it so all clubs had to give some tickets, even say 500 for each match, at a cheapish price. Say £25 for prem, £20 for champ, etc.

Yes agree with that.

I would have thought tickets on the match day would be at a bargain rate. But I'm told it's one of the more expensive options to buy a ticket.
Having the first 500 tickets on matchday available at £15 the next 500 at £20 would surely get more bums on seats and encourage people to get to the ground early and spend a few quid too.

I daresay there is an obvious reason why this is a stupid idea, that I have completely missed.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes agree with that.

I would have thought tickets on the match day would be at a bargain rate. But I'm told it's one of the more expensive options to buy a ticket.
Having the first 500 tickets on matchday available at £15 the next 500 at £20 would surely get more bums on seats and encourage people to get to the ground early and spend a few quid too.

I daresay there is an obvious reason why this is a stupid idea, that I have completely missed.

I think the problem with going so cheap on matchday is that nobody would buy in advance. They would all take their chance with buying on the day (as would a lot of season ticket holders if it was that much cheaper than buying a season ticket). I think season ticket has to always be cheaper per game otherwise why would anyone bother?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not that I could actually go to the game but I would happily have paid the admission price just to see this.....

View attachment 70294

Who would have ever thought that we'd see Calde celebrating with Zamora after Bobby scored the winner at the Amex? :love::love::love:

I know it's a celebration, but adding a caption to the photo - Bobby, "I'll thump the person who releases Calde from this club."

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think the problem with going so cheap on matchday is that nobody would buy in advance. They would all take their chance with buying on the day (as would a lot of season ticket holders if it was that much cheaper than buying a season ticket). I think season ticket has to always be cheaper per game otherwise why would anyone bother?

Fair point, but there must be some middle ground surely.
If there are spare seats on match day and they are too expensive, no-ones going to take them off your hands are they?

It seems counter-intuitive to ask people to pay top dollar for something that has a limited shelf life.
How about £20 for spare singles in the more expensive seats?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here