Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other than football is there any other sport sthat seems to attract...

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Rugby attracts a whole different type of dickhead! a worse dickhead IMO! it's an ok sport but its not that great.

golf attracts the fat amercan dickheads who shout 'GET IN THE HOLE' after every swing.

tennis attracts the posh dickheads! i love tennis but couldnt deal with the idiots who think they're better than they actually are.

Who does it attract?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
. elements of football "supporters" in general I am just saying i have not witnessed this in other sports.

I'll turn the question around for you. Is there any other sport that shows as much passion or tribalism with fans as football? The answer, is of course, no.

And that's your reason why. Some people get too carried away with it because it means so much to them. It's all quite simple when you think about it.

D

Deleted member 18477

Who does it attract?

it attracts dickheads who hate football, dickhead 'rugby boys' from colleges, it attracts dickhead women who know nothing about the sport but go because daddy is rich and has got them tickets for twickenham so they can look at some muscley men.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
american football...NASCAR...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll turn the question around for you. Is there any other sport that shows as much passion or tribalism with fans as football? The answer, is of course, no.

What nonsense. I suggest you watch a rugby match with a bunch of Welsh, South African or New Zealand fans and then suggest that the fans don't show any passion.

And given the regularity with which Indian and Pakistan cricket fans take to the streets in protest about a defeat or dodgy cricketers, I suggest that they're a particularly passionate bunch too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
uncle albert got a black eye playing dominos

Ha ha-i've been known to throw a Monopoly board across the room,hotels and all when things are going against me.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
it attracts dickheads who hate football, dickhead 'rugby boys' from colleges, it attracts dickhead women who know nothing about the sport but go because daddy is rich and has got them tickets for twickenham so they can look at some muscley men.

Nowadays the people you describe are in a minority. Generally Rugby Union crowds are good fun. Plenty of banter but never violence

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Three of my favourite sports Football, Boxing and Darts attract a really dumb neanderthal type of male, but I have met some good people at all three. Two other sports I enjoy Rugby & Cricket in my opinion create a far nicer and friendlier atmosphere as fans can mix and have a good drink. True you get the odd dickhead public school boy having one too many shandies but I'd rather put up with a pissed up Tim Nice But Dim then some rancid racist council estate scum bag who fingers his sister for a laugh.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was in a pub in Bath some years ago when a fight broke out between a group of pissed up rugger buggers. They were an obnoxious bunch of oiks who certainly didn't fit the normal rugby fan image.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
What nonsense. I suggest you watch a rugby match with a bunch of Welsh, South African or New Zealand fans and then suggest that the fans don't show any passion.

And given the regularity with which Indian and Pakistan cricket fans take to the streets in protest about a defeat or dodgy cricketers, I suggest that they're a particularly passionate bunch too.

Yep, watched rugby with Welsh in Wales and Safricans in South Africa and I can tell you that nothing comes close to the heart-thumping intensity of a football game. Of course a New Zealand v S Africa rugby game is going to be more atmospheric than a Wigan v Hereford game but nothing comes close, in my opinion of the excitement of a football game with rival v rival.

I'm not saying rugby is not passionate so I have no idea why you are laying that charge on me but (and again it's my opinion) they don't show the same sustained passion, neither the depth neither the tribalism.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Table tennis.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
... So many thick, ignorant knuckle dragging Morons as football does.

I quite often go to Crcket and and Rugby League you get a few people there with stpid comments but overall behaviour etc is pretty good but at football my god......... You really do get a different class of nobhead. Swearing at and abusing police and stewards, calling players ***** in front of kids and that's their own players. nearly fighting and in some cases coming to blows with others supporting the same team (Charlton away last season). This is not a dig at Brighton but soem elements of football "supporters" in general I am just saying i have not witnessed this in other sports.

The knuckle draggers in rugby are the players. The morons in cricket are the players. And the reason that there are a percentage of such fans at football games is because it is such a popular far reaching sport that is open to all walks of life, so you will get all kinds of people from the knuckle draggers, to the prawn sandwiches to the average hard working Joe/Jo. In many other sports there is still an element of class divide.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
After sarcastic singing loyal supporters at the North stand cleared on 84mins yesterday one young man took particular offence and offered some of our louder fans 'outside'

There response was I don't think you'll have time as we're waiting til the end and you seem in abit of a rush.

Made me giggle. Only cocks of the highest order start on their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here