Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the Prem even worth staying in?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Doesn't matter what league you're in, losing and not scoring isn't much fun to watch every week. Looking forward to relegation and not becoming a Sunderland or Wigan.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Doesn't matter what league you're in, losing and not scoring isn't much fun to watch every week. Looking forward to relegation and not becoming a Sunderland or Wigan.

If you're looking forward to your team being relegated then may I just take this opportunity to say you are in fact a bit of a bell cheese.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

If it doesn't matter what league you're in, it's worth staying in the Premier League for the money alone.

And if Sunderland and Wigan had stayed up, their supporters wouldn't be experiencing the pain that they are now.

As for the "looking forward to relegation" comment, it's probably not worth dignifying with a response.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Your thoughts please?

Doesn't matter what league you're in, losing and not scoring isn't much fun to watch every week.

That's what football's all about, enjoying wherever you are.

Looking forward to relegation and not becoming a Sunderland or Wigan.

I think this sort of attitude is wrong, just wait until the end of the season, and see where we are.
We're in the PL, enjoy it whilst we are here, if it's not meant to be, then so be it.
Be positive FFS

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If you're looking forward to your team being relegated then may I just take this opportunity to say you are in fact a bit of a bell cheese.[/QUOTE

Maybe I worded it wrong but we can stay in this division for 5 years and win the same amount of games as we'd get in 1/2 in the championship. Its the hope that kills you.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Doesn't matter what league you're in, losing and not scoring isn't much fun to watch every week.

That's what football's all about, enjoying wherever you are.

Looking forward to relegation and not becoming a Sunderland or Wigan.

I think this sort of attitude is wrong, just wait until the end of the season, and see where we are.
We're in the PL, enjoy it whilst we are here, if it's not meant to be, then so be it.
Be positive FFS

I worded it wrongly for sure, as if we stay up it means we would have put in some decent performances and been entertaining. But just about surviving every year, or aiming to finish 12th doesn't fill me with much enjoyment. Maybe I've been treated to too much the last few seasons

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's a crap league for entertainment but great for players as they get huge wages :)
I've got little interest in the premier league but naturally love the championship as it's packed with ups and downs,goals and more.

I always said that if you go up you need to attack and go for it as you have nothing to lose :)

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If it doesn't matter what league you're in, it's worth staying in the Premier League for the money alone.

And if Sunderland and Wigan had stayed up, their supporters wouldn't be experiencing the pain that they are now.

As for the "looking forward to relegation" comment, it's probably not worth dignifying with a response.

In think your first point is quite flawed; what do we as fans get from that? Thats putting bank numbers ahead of our experience of turning up to games and enjoying seeing us score!

In response to the relegation line, it was rash for sure, but the point about winning a few games a year enough to survive still stands. Rips the heart out of a club IMO.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

You do have a point though, it only really matters to the club itself what league they are in due to the income.

To most supporters it surely doesn't matter too much.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
If you're looking forward to your team being relegated then may I just take this opportunity to say you are in fact a bit of a bell cheese.[/QUOTE

Maybe I worded it wrong but we can stay in this division for 5 years and win the same amount of games as we'd get in 1/2 in the championship. Its the hope that kills you.

Maybe supporting one of the top 6 would suit you better...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I worded it wrongly for sure, as if we stay up it means we would have put in some decent performances and been entertaining. But just about surviving every year, or aiming to finish 12th doesn't fill me with much enjoyment. Maybe I've been treated to too much the last few seasons

We're in a league, where you have to wise up and play the 'PL game' straight away, as you're going to get left behind.
At the moment we need that bit of luck that will give us that confidence boost to get going again.
It doesn't help the other teams around us, picking up the odd point.
We were a tad spoilt in the Championship, with some of the results, ie the scorelines.
The PL is a different class, it's like being in the big boys playground now, stand and fight.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Refer to the clubs finances to understand whether it’s “worth” staying in the Premier League
Are suggesting you’d be happy being a Championship mid table club? As you’d obviously wouldn’t want promotion again
If we scathe out of this season in 17th then the club has the opportunity to further strengthen our squad at all levels
A fan not wanting a chance to see us against some of Europe’s best sides (and some other bloody good sides) regularly visit the Amex? Hmmmmm

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm enjoying the Premier League a lot more than I did the Championship.

The Championship was an awkward small league full of big clubs and few gritty underdogs. It felt like you need to win every game - every season felt like a waste until promotion was won. Mid-table seasons are boring and forgettable, but the norm for most.

The Premier League on the other hand - every game is massive, dull games are rare, almost all are memorable for right or wrong reasons. The aim is too finish as high as possible - every season, every club looks to do better than the last, whether it's beating relegation, mid table finish or the ultimate goal of European football. It's incredibly exciting - I really hope we stay up and push for a mid-table or above finish next season... I want to see us in Europe one day.
Guess everyone's different but entertainment value in the prem is very low and it's rather predictable unlike the super championship.Naturally you're supposed to better yourself but the prem is literally all about money and the big 6.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Refer to the clubs finances to understand whether it’s “worth” staying in the Premier League
Are suggesting you’d be happy being a Championship mid table club? As you’d obviously wouldn’t want promotion again
If we scathe out of this season in 17th then the club has the opportunity to further strengthen our squad at all levels
A fan not wanting a chance to see us against some of Europe’s best sides (and some other bloody good sides) regularly visit the Amex? Hmmmmm

Ahh the old 'he has a different opinion to me he must be a bad fan' card. The rest of the points are fair, maybe being a yoyo club for a bit before having a another (hopefully better) crack at it could be what I'm after

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Half of me agrees with the OP. However, today's game was quite fun for 70 minutes! I only sat down (in my living room) after the third went in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here