Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joey Barton: Fleetwood Town announce ex-Burnley midfielder as head coach

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Imagine Lee Bowyer appointed a manager. The guy's a nutcase - drugs, smashing up a McDonald's, beating up Asians, fighting his own teammates on the pitch, telling a woman to f**k off at a match when he was sent off. It would be an absolute disaster.

Indeed. and he's doing very well at Charlton as you well know. As will Barton, as I presume you anticipate. Some people know **** nothing about **** all. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lee Bowyer is currently Charlton's manager! :lolol:

Fleetwood vs Charlton next season, if neither has been sacked yet, would be very tasty on the touchlines.

*cough* OP obvs knows that *cough*

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Finally, someone to add a little class to lower league football. Gone by September.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Joey Barton is a winner - he proved that in 2015/16 when he said "finishing runners-up is not an option - it has to be the title".

Sean Dyche is just a few miles down the road or a phone call away - I expect Dyche to help Barton with some useful loan players next season with Burnley paying most of the wages.

The Cod Army could be a good bet for promotion with a decent start.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Joey is the definition of the "gentleman thug" comes across as an intelligent guy with some interesting ideas but, dear god, he's borderline psychotic and harbours sooooo many grudges.

Fleetwood won't suit him I'm afraid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He clearly isn't.

I can understand criticism of him on the pitch, but completely fail to understand why people sneer at:

1) His attempt to educate himself 2) Him doing so in public.

Come on. The guy is a prize bell-end. If he’s not trying to make himself look cultured in an art gallery he’s trying to sound bilingual by speaking English with a French accent. And if he’s not trying to sound philosophical by first Googling and then Tweeting Nietzsche he’s making himself look a plumb on Question Time.

He’s a grade A industrial strength pretentious cock.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Lee Bowyer is currently Charlton's manager! :lolol:

Fleetwood vs Charlton next season, if neither has been sacked yet, would be very tasty on the touchlines.

I know. :)

Just giving an example that someone that made so many mistakes as a player can turn into a surprisingly good manager. Best of luck to Joey.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Has he done his badges or is this just another jobs for the boys?

According to the BBC this morning he has done the badges but one presenter said getting badges means nothing, its like someone who has just passed their driving test telling Lewis Hamilton how to drive faster :)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Come on. The guy is a prize bell-end. If he’s not trying to make himself look cultured in an art gallery he’s trying to sound bilingual by speaking English with a French accent. And if he’s not trying to sound philosophical by first Googling and then Tweeting Nietzsche he’s making himself look a plumb on Question Time.

He’s a grade A industrial strength pretentious cock.

I can never forget his comparison of the three main political parties as three ugly girls that you'd have to choose which one to shag as a footballer.

Couldn't put it better myself. :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
According to the BBC this morning he has done the badges but one presenter said getting badges means nothing, its like someone who has just passed their driving test telling Lewis Hamilton how to drive faster :)

I guess it depends which badges? I once read about the studying required for some of the presumably higher end qualifications and it seemed a lot more. But yeah, Cub Scout badge for football management might be simple....and probably his level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here