Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're favourites...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know what it is exactly but my natural pessimism has all but disappeared and I'm not that worried about next season. I think it may be something to do with being entirely aware that we're in for a fight and so anything above 17th will be magnificent. Also, the club have been busy already with regards to signings and we've secured Dale. Also also, as others have said, we can only take it one game at a time and whatever is meant to happen will happen.

Buoyant is how I'd describe my Albion mojo towards next season.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
for relegation...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

The bookies are normally right and if we're honest we should be favourites to go down, much as we expect more. Very low budget. No track record.

I hope that if we are bottom at Christmas that people aren't calling for Hughton's head. He deserves to stay even if we're bottom at the end of next year as he'd be the best man to get up straight back up again.

But then again the bookies had us as favourites at one point to win the Championship title and look where that got them (or us come to that matter).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I just worry that everyone will go into next season being overoptimistic.

Funny you should say that because my biggest fear is the exact opposite.

Too many people almost accepting the right to be in the top tier for a year is enough, and that we may bounce between the divisions for a while (not a bad attitude to have by the way it's humbling). I just hope this won't transmit to the players, particularly our away support has been fantastic but I can't help but feel the party atmosphere and the 'don't really care we're already promoted' attitude contributed somewhat to falling short in the last 3 games.

Likewise I hope we won't generate a 'just happy to be here' atmosphere come August.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
It'll be tough I am sure but I think we'll have a reasonable chance of staying up next season.

We've proved over the last couple of seasons that we're at a similar level to both Burnley and Newcastle, and Burnley may well be losing their best player this summer.
We're better than whoever wins the playoff final.
Teams like Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea can surely not be that far ahead of us, albeit with a few years experience in the top flight over us and the budget that comes with it.
And there are teams like West Brom, Palace, Stoke, West Ham, Southampton who we should be capable of competing with. Any of these teams could have a poor season and see themselves scrapping at the foot of the table.

The camaraderie that the team has built over the past couple of seasons I'm hoping is going to count for a lot next season. Hull this season just had a complete lack of quality, Boro had no togetherness whatsoever, and Burnley by and large stayed the same and reaped the rewards because of it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think we will be fine to be honest, if you look at the Premier League all the teams are pretty much the same from 8th down to 19th place as there is always one team that just cannot cope like Sunderland this year. Between 17th - 8th there was just 6 points difference which means they are all pretty much the same I expect Watford to struggle and either Reading/ Huddersfield and another like Burnley or Palace. It is really far to early to say with any confidence as squads need adjusting and players throwing paddies along with manager switches.

We will have plenty of spankings and embarrassing results for sure, but we will need to learn from them quickly and as long as we don't go down without a fight I don't care.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Reading may have very wealthy owners soon.

Ah. That makes things a bit more interesting. Saying that, I do think Jaap Stam's style of play, which reminds me a lot of how Gus Poyet had us playing, might well get found out big time next season if Reading go up, not least with their goalie who looks very uncomfortable trying to play it. I think he was their player of the year last year too so they are unlikely to replace him. The new owners might get rid of Stam quickly but hopefully not before the damage is done.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Will not be relegated and will be no where near the bottom .

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Funny you should say that because my biggest fear is the exact opposite.

Too many people almost accepting the right to be in the top tier for a year is enough, and that we may bounce between the divisions for a while (not a bad attitude to have by the way it's humbling). I just hope this won't transmit to the players, particularly our away support has been fantastic but I can't help but feel the party atmosphere and the 'don't really care we're already promoted' attitude contributed somewhat to falling short in the last 3 games.

Likewise I hope we won't generate a 'just happy to be here' atmosphere come August.

Agree.

Looking forward to our long awaited PL residence with no high expectations, one game at a time etc. I think we are in better shape as a club than a lot of our rivals for survival and just need to inject the right players into the squad, which is already happening. I don't think that TB or CH are cultivating a 'just happy to be here' attitude at all. Our beloved chairman has not sunk untold millions into his 'legacy' just to say 'we got to the promised land for one season, job done'. CH is no show pony either, he is a quality, proven PL manager, well respected by players and fans. No stars in his eyes bollocks. We will be fine.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
It's a process. We go up, invest in better players and we go down. We learn, we go up and we progress as a club.
During which we as supporters will jump for joy, cry with frustration and occasionally throw all our toys out the pram.
In the bigger picture it's a game so let's celebrate the fact that we are alive to enjoy it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Maybe it'll do us a favour, being the underdogs...

Hopefully the big teams will throw out their kids and stiffs and we can catch them off guard!

Either way, I don't care if the bookies make us 1/1000 to go down - I'm going to enjoy the PL and trust in CH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here